[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://youtu.be/un4SAUCy4bY Hey /his/ I'm starting to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5
https://youtu.be/un4SAUCy4bY

Hey /his/

I'm starting to make videos on lesser-known wars in my spare-time. This is the first one and I wanted to know what you guys thought about it.

I'd also like to know if any experts or people willing to narrate would like to hop on board and help with this side project of mine

Also - Let's discuss Prussia and the Wars of German Unification
>>
>>
>>351023
good
>>
>>351023
Could do with a bit better choice of opening music, but you've got a nice voice, and get to the point well. It also ends fairly abruptly, perhaps have a longer fade to black once you finish speaking? Other than that, I'd love to see more videos on Prussia from you.
>>
>>351200
Unfortunately, it isn't my voice. Someone else is narrating. However, we are going to use a multitude of narrators

Will take that into account, threw this together in just a few hours yesterday, rendered it after making the channel and intro and outros today
>>
>>351286
so you are a group?

are you going to turn into a right version of John "MUH MONGOLS" Green?
>>
>>351313
Yes, I hate history with a ITS 2015-lens that you see from Leftie Green.

However, I do the editing, writing, and compiling - I just have friends or other people narrate. Occasionally I may narrate
>>
It'd be nice if you went into a bit more detail.
>>
On a technical level, think about getting a pop filter. You don't necessarily need a super expensive mic, but a pop filter could go a long way towards making your stuff sound a little more professional.

You could also maybe tighten your intro a little. The stock footage is nice but it's a little overly long.

I can also tell you recorded in order, maybe in one or two goes. Your cadence and diction gets better as the video goes along. You start off a little dry and awkward, but later you start to get some emotion in your voice and I feel like I can tell you really are passionate about what you're talking about. Consider re-listening and re-recording where necessary, like you would an essay.

If you did laboriously edit and re-edit your audio, consider listening to other popular historians, especially those on well-received podcasts. No, you don't have to be as over-the-top as a Dan Carlin (please don't try, we don't need any more of him. He's like Tom Leykis of history podcasts), but the affability of a voice like Mike Duncan can go a long way to making your material more palatable.

Otherwise, video editing is tight and the material is great for a first go. Keep up the good work, man. I've subbed so I look forward to more obscure war talk.
>>
>>351413
Also, just read the thread. Pass on all that info to whoever does do the audio. It should help them.
>>
>>351420
Will do.

Also, I didn't edit / re-edit the audio - That narration was one file from one person through vocaroo.

Also, it isn't me whose talking, it's another person who decided to narrate the script.
>>
File: dreyse.jpg (20 KB, 1200x265) Image search: [Google]
dreyse.jpg
20 KB, 1200x265
>>
File: 81674-004-1F328DE1.jpg (35 KB, 365x450) Image search: [Google]
81674-004-1F328DE1.jpg
35 KB, 365x450
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.