[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about cowboys
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: cowboy.jpg (15 KB, 400x322) Image search: [Google]
cowboy.jpg
15 KB, 400x322
Tell me about cowboys
>>
Yehaw
>>
>>350927
Not wanna go full was kangz, but a lot of them were non-white. They were also probably less cool than in movies.
>>
>>350927
What do you want to know?
>>
>>351041
i need to learn how to rope and ride. wearin my six shooter and riding my pony on the cattle drive. stealing young grils hearts, just like jean and roy singing those campfire songs
>>
Something like 1/4th of them were black
>>
>>351072
How come, Just want to?
>>
>>351089
and they existed for about 10 years.

Most people confuse cowboys with the people who went out to settle the west.
>>
They were mostly seasonal worker who were doing a shit job. Being a cowboy wasn't a romantic thing, they existed to take care of cows and move them between places. That's pretty much it.
>>
File: gauchos.jpg (347 KB, 1240x902) Image search: [Google]
gauchos.jpg
347 KB, 1240x902
Every borderland culture has such a culture. From the Border Reivers of England to the Gauchos of South America. There is nothing special about cowboys.
>>
>>350927
they were surprisingly common in Florida.

this was the actual source for the term cracker. the reason for this was due to the fact that the Florida cowboys would use bullwhips to deal with snakes.
>>
>>350927
Literally ranch hands
>>
It was probably nothing like western movies
>>
Drovers
>>
>>351032
>a lot of them were black
Reasonable, but why would freed black men with capital pursue risky ventures when they are more quarteered in the north? I dont know if i could expect over 20%
>>
>>351032
>>351545

"Cowboys" are just the Anglo version of Mexican vaqueros.
>>
>>351128
Oh and people could kill you and take your thousands of dollars of cows and sell them.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.