[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the biggest blunders in history?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 24
File: saddam-2.jpg (74 KB, 350x292) Image search: [Google]
saddam-2.jpg
74 KB, 350x292
What are the biggest blunders in history?
>>
Gaddafi as well.
When will the general public learn that toppling middle eastern dictators usually just makes things worse?
>>
File: Kaiser Wilhelm II.jpg (779 KB, 2431x3508) Image search: [Google]
Kaiser Wilhelm II.jpg
779 KB, 2431x3508
>>349414
>fires Bismarck
>somehow manages to fuck up diplomacy with Britain
>doesn't renew the non-aggression pact with Russia, so Russia allies itself with France
>invades Belgium so Britain enters the war against him
>what is diplomacy
>mfw fighting half of Europe helped only by Austrians (shitty at war) and Turks (shitty at everything)
>>
>>349455
The same can be said about Hitler. Germans are great at war but holy fuck are they bad at diplomacy
>>
>>349462
Definitely.
>>
>>349455
The chips were already set against germany after the end of the seven years war though. Britain and France both didn't want a third contender in thier cockfight so they decided to do something about it... kinda.
>>
>>349486
If the two kids down the street are planning to kick your ass you don't try to break your own arms.
>>
Most Western involvement in the middle east desu senpai
>>
>>349486
Britain and Germany had a great relationship before this idiot fucked it up. He was the first son of queen Victoria. The only reason Britain and France connected is because he first antagonized and then threatened Britain by building a large navy he didn't need.
>>
>>349531
*eldest grandchild. Sorry, I fucked up.
>>
File: partition.jpg (22 KB, 350x312) Image search: [Google]
partition.jpg
22 KB, 350x312
Top blunder
>>
File: NicholasII.jpg (17 KB, 268x372) Image search: [Google]
NicholasII.jpg
17 KB, 268x372
>need to establish influence in Manchuria and Korea
>gonna take months to send communication to the front lines and back
>transportation and infrastructure sucks in the Far East
>The Pacific fleet is no match against Japan, gotta make the Baltic fleet make the journey around the world to reinforce them.
>lets try to take Korea from the Japanese anyway.
>>
I thought it was rather curious to read John Bolton's op-ed in the new york times last week where he argued for the US to invade Syria to destroy ISIS, topple Assad and then balkanize Syria+Iraq into sunni, shia, and kurdish states since it was a tacit admission that everything he had argued for the past 13 years had been completely wrong.
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/25/opinion/john-bolton-to-defeat-isis-create-a-sunni-state.html
>>
File: 2guerr50.gif (96 KB, 666x411) Image search: [Google]
2guerr50.gif
96 KB, 666x411
The moment Italian Fascism decided to fuck itself over for good
>>
File: sicilian.png (667 KB, 625x393) Image search: [Google]
sicilian.png
667 KB, 625x393
>worst blunders
>no mention of land wars in Asia

But seriously, anyone invading Afghanistan = mistake. Those sand niggers have been fighting strange people in their mountains for longer than most empires. Doesn't matter who it is, they just pick up weapons and attack them til they leave. I'd say why would anyone ever go there but location location location.
>>
File: lol.png (245 KB, 444x638) Image search: [Google]
lol.png
245 KB, 444x638
>>349455
>>
>>349609
Top fucking kek.
>>
>>349581
It's better to have some allies in Afghanistan (with a semi-functional army and police force) than no allies in Afghanistan. It is a country of great strategic importance and the merits of invasion were considered by people a lot more intelligent than you, someone who doesn't even know how to use "till" properly.
>>
>>349414
He was a genocidal maniac who caused much more instability in the region than IS currently are.

Really, it was quite a sensible move.
>>
>>349414

Shipping the Vandals to North Africa is probably the dumbest on a sheer "What the fuck were you thinking?" scale.
>>
>>349455
>Bait
The Turks were the last people standing on the Eastern Front
>>
>>349985
>allies in Afghanistan
Where did I say otherwise?

>a country of great strategic importance
>but location location location

Did you have something to contribute? You could have mentioned the incredbile amount of resources as well.
>>
>>349462
>Germans are great at war but holy fuck are they bad at diplomacy
bismark much?
>>
>>350101
What in your mind do you think you've just proved there? You've just said jack shit.
>>
>>350190
>one German who's a good diplomat
>the Germans get rid of him

Yeah pretty much.
>>
Franz Ferdinand forgetting to tell his driver the change of plan which lead to him being driven infront of Gavrilo Princip which led to WWI which led to WWII.
>>
>>350279
WW1 would have happened somehow.
>>
>>350213
What in your mind do you think you countered? I was showing that nothing you said addressed or disagreed with me.
>>
>>349992
>who caused much more instability in the region than IS currently are.

You can't seriously believe this shit?
>>
>>350279
If not for his murder, the war would have started over some *other* damned foolish thing in the Balkans.
>>
>>350327
More people died in the iran-iraq war than people died at the hands of daesh.
>>
Crassus trying to prove himself in Parthia was a fairly big blunder.
>>
>>349609

So much win.
>>
>>350077
>they live on the eastern front
so they are slightly less shit than italy?
>>
>>350472
2009 called, it wants the maymay back.
>>
File: constanza.jpg (8 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
constanza.jpg
8 KB, 250x250
>>350494
>the 'x called and wants their y back' joke
>>
>>350504
>not recognizing the irony
>>
File: whatsapplmao.jpg (14 KB, 301x301) Image search: [Google]
whatsapplmao.jpg
14 KB, 301x301
>>350509
>not recognizing my second layer of irony
>>
>>350513
Uh lawd, this is the ultimate layer of meta-memebaiting
>>
>>350279
Weren't there like 6 assassins on that day all with their own plans to kill him if any of the other plans failed?
>>
>>350522
In fact there was one attempted before the successful shooting, someone threw a bomb at his car and they kept going anyway.
>>
OP's birth
>>
>Hitler treating the Soviet people like shit who greeted the Germans as liberators

>Hitler genociding the undesirables and wasting precious resources doing so instead of using them as a labor force
>>
>>350522
>>350533
Yeah, they wanted to visit the victims of the grenade attack in the hospital. The driver took a wrong turn, realized his mistake, stopped and reversed. That was the perfect opportunity for Princip.
>>
>>350536
Rude!
>>
not wanting to advance first to Berlin and beyond
>>
Should have Hannibal sacked Rome when Scipio left the peninsula to attack Carthage?
>>
File: George_B_McClellan_-_retouched.jpg (116 KB, 1108x1385) Image search: [Google]
George_B_McClellan_-_retouched.jpg
116 KB, 1108x1385
The master of fucking up by doing nothing,
>>
>khwarezm guys kill some mongol merchants
>genghis khan offers to open trade with them in return for an apology for killing the merchants
>they kill the messengers
>within the year the entire khwarezm empire was destroyed

lmao islam
>>
>>349427
No. There is nothing wrong or bad intrinsically in any way about removing dictators from power. What has to be done is filling that vacuum of power with a strong central authority to replace it.
>>
>>350327
Yeah. I'd suggest reading up on Hussein's exploits and then returning to the discussion.
>>
>>350841
Like another dictator?
>>
>>350370
So what? That's your fucking argument for Hussein causing more instability? Hussein wasn't responsible for turning the Levant into an anarchic hellhole like IS or waging an apocalyptic war against fucking everyone else in the region, nor was he anywhere near as barbaric to the people he was fighting against. Iraq was a better place to live in under Hussein by any metric imaginable than anything that came after after the fall of his regime, for everyone, even the fucking Kurds.

Also, you charge Hussein with causing instability, defend the decision to invade Iraq, and state that IS are less damaging in comparison when pretty much all of the problems that currently exist in Iraq are a direct result of Hussein losing power. Of course Hussein wasn't some benevolent dictator but merely entertaining the thought that Iraq is better with IS is so fucking dumb I can't even fathom it. You're an idiot.
>>
>>350999
I second this, studying the modern history of Iraq in any depth immediately proves that Saddam was and has been the only effective stabilizing factor in that nation since he came to power
>>
>>350302
>What in your mind do you think you countered?
I'm glad you asked.

You
>"anyone invading Afghanistan = mistake"
>"they just pick up weapons and attack them til they leave"

This supposes that the only worth in invading Afghanistan is to maintain absolute control in the country.

Me
>"It's better to have some allies in Afghanistan ... than no allies in Afghanistan."
>"It is a country of great strategic importance"

This counteracts the supposition that the only worth in invading Afghanistan is to maintain absolute control in the country; and rather proposes that there is some worth in maintaining some control in the region (but not absolute) because of its importance. ISAF have achieved that aim with ANA, ANP and ALP, and, ipso facto, they succeeded (at least partially) in a worthwhile mission. The cumulative effect of my argument blows your main claim "anyone invading Afghanistan = mistake" to smithereens.

Stay in school, kid. You just got rekt.
>>
>>350980
No, like a strong federalized democratic government.
>>
>>351025
>federalized government
>strong central authority
Ay
>>
>>351025

but muslims
>>
>>350693
fairly certain that Hannibal didn't have the technology to siege any roman cities at all.

He cared too much about his elephants
>>
>>351025
Yeah, because Democracy is so good, it's literally the best amirite American friends? WE HAD FREEDUMS AND SHIIIIET

Amerilards never did anything good in their entire history of foreign policy, literal warmongers and imperialists.
>>
>>351044

Best country in the world though.
>>
>>351052
At least that's what Americans think, if it makes you feel good, what do I care. I prefer living in a country where I can go to a doctor without risking bankruptcy
>>
>>351044
We were important in the world wars
That's about it
>>
>>351025
>strong federalized democratic government
>US institutes Shia government in a half Sunni half Shia country where Shias have been historically persecuted
>nothing wrong
>>
>>351064
in WWII yeah.

America hardly mattered at all in WWI
>>
>>349414
Not the French revolution.
>>
>>351120
Checks and balances.

Also who are you quoting?
>>
>>351064
I mean I don't hate Americans who are actually open minded, but it seems that so many, probably a good majority of Americans are so ignorant towards any critical thinking and/or history and how their country not only got worse but also affected a lot of other nations to go for the worse. It's ridiculous how Americans today think that they're so free and democratic while all they can choose is one or the other and they are under total surveillance basically all the time.

It saddens me how blind people can be an how easily they are fooled.
>>
>>350999
Well, Hussein posed threats to stable countries, most notably Kuwait and Iran. Unlike IS who fight with AKs, a few M16s, a Mig, and attacked shit-houses like Syria (in civil war) and Iraq (post-conquest), under Hussein Iraq was a sophisticated country with serious military capability that could and did cause widespread destruction in the region. We're talking about aircraft, trained tank commanders, missiles, and most importantly access (as a so-called TC nation) to produce more complex WMDs than mustard gas/sarin gas.

We're not talking about the stability of Iraq as a nation. More so the region in general. Don't forget that.

Also, the suggestion that IS are more barbarous to their enemies because they chopped a few heads off for the TV cameras doesn't take into account that Hussein did a lot more than a few hundred heads when he used WMDs on the Kurds. Hussein, whilst he didn't invite the cameras to witness the deaths he ordered, killed without any remorse and he did so without a swift mujahid's sword; he used mustard gas so that people, estimated to be in the tends of thousands, suffered a slow and agonising death.

You are really quite laughably simple here. You have some queer conception that because YOU watched something on TV, it must absolutely be more torturous and less humane than something YOU didn't watch on TV.
>>
>>351160
>Checks and balances
It really depends on the country's politicians to make checks and balances work or not. If a majority of people doesn't want or doesn't care about democracy, yet it's still imposed to them, checks and balances can be easily overlooked by a strong or influential executive.

Just after he got elected, de Gaulle did mostly whatever he wanted, and it was a good thing that he wanted the Parliament and the governement to be separated because all the people who were supposed to check his actions admired him too much to care

Plus like in Lybia if there is a strong opposal to the idea of a democratic government, and even total opposition in the democratic faction, checks and balances are just here to make sure that the situation will get fixed frustratingly slowly
>>
>>351193
>he killed more people and therefore was more unstable
"No"
>>
>>349539
>Implying the British did this by accident.
>>
>>351331
He invaded more countries and destabilized the region more then ISIS could hope to.
>>
>>351371
>please invade iran for us
>we dont mind if you invade kuwait, wait we didnt mean that
>>
>>351466
>also, have some chemical weapons
>>
>>351331
I never made that argument. I did not post "More people died in the iran-iraq war than people died at the hands of daesh." I posted the original message. Two people then jumped into the discussion to agree with my point about Hussein being more dangerous than IS. That might tell you something, but I guess not to a simple mind like yours. Not for someone who argues with "No."
>>
>>351476
>I am intellectually superior to you
>I am enlightened by my own intellingence
>>
>>350372
this. killing his son and putting his head on a spear just to show his dad afterwards.

fucking brutal.

Also , wat is water supply in a fucking desert
>>
>>351371
I don't remember million of people fleeing the country during any of Saddam's wars
>>
>>351500
Isis says flee or die

Sadam said flee and die

Plenty of primary sources to confirm
>>
>>351497
>What is water supply
>What is Armenian Cataphracts
>What is reform the lines and withdraw

He literally did everything wrong. Then got a mouthful of gold for it.
>>
>>350999
yeah but that nigga had aluminum tubes
>>
>>351527
Then I prefer Saddam, at least he wasn't flooding my home with muslims
>>
>>351476
And I'm somebody else that thinks your point is fucking stupid.

The region is far more unstable now than it was under Hussein. And even if he was more tyrannical, he was at least a much easier target to solve.

Instead we now have an irregular army that seeks to radicalize Muslims internationally with far more refined methods than ever before, uses terror cells and attacks in dense population centers globally, runs illegal oil and firearm operations keeping them well funded and armed, and nearly as impossible to stomp out as roaches.

Saddam was manageable and he kept the crazies in line. Killing him and letting the country slip into anarchy was beyond retarded.
>>
Pic related

Generally WWI's impact on the middle east
>>
>>351558
>seeks to radicalize Muslims internationally
Saudi arabia
>>
File: patton.jpg (18 KB, 322x352) Image search: [Google]
patton.jpg
18 KB, 322x352
not steamrolling the reds into the pacific when the nazis went tits-up
>>
It might be pie in the sky but Isaw something about molten salt reactors that were never really studied in depth, clean cheap energy would be one of the greatest achievements in man's history
>>
Chang Kai-Shek getting kidnapped by his own generals just when he was about to wipe out the Communists during The Japaneses Invasion of China/WW2
>>
>>351558
For radicalization that come from Saudi Arabia. There's been a sort of profit war going on for years between Iran and them.
>>
>>350999
>Hussein wasn't responsible for turning the Levant into an anarchic hellhole like IS
IS had no presence in Syria when the civil war began.
>nor was he anywhere near as barbaric to the people he was fighting against
No, but he wasn't very far. But that's irrelevant anyways since we're discussing who has caused more instability, not who was more cruel.
>Iraq was a better place to live in under Hussein by any metric imaginable than anything that came after after the fall of his regime, for everyone, even the fucking Kurds.
There's not much of a difference between Al-Anfal and daesh's genocidal campaign.
>Also, you charge Hussein with causing instability, defend the decision to invade Iraq
Nowhere did I imply invading Iraq was good.
>pretty much all of the problems that currently exist in Iraq are a direct result of Hussein losing power
Saddam himself caused instability in Iraq by massacring Shia & Kurds and invading Iraq & Kuwait.
>but merely entertaining the thought that Iraq is better with IS is so fucking dumb I can't even fathom it
Saddam killed hundreds of thousands in genocide & war. Daesh has killed some tens of thousands in total. Neither are good, obviously, but daesh has objectively caused less instability & death than Saddam.
>>
File: 200_s.png (126 KB, 800x900) Image search: [Google]
200_s.png
126 KB, 800x900
>>349414
In recent history?
>Yeah, lets just draw a hole bunch of straight lines in the sand. What could POSSIBLY go wrong?!
>>
>>351746
Isis has been active for like a twentieth of the time Hussein was. They have a much higher rate of killing and their ideology is built on perpetual expansion, something Iraq under Hussein never was. I'm
>>
>>351770
Are you alright m8
>>
>>350000
Witnessed.
>>
>>351780
Autocorrect m8
>>
>>350796
His sons chased the king or whatever to the Black Sea where he promptly died like a pussy. Since they were already there they decided to MAKE A CIRCUIT OF THE ENTIRE PLACE AND TEAR DOWN EVERY NATION THEY ENCOUNTERED. Like twenty separate states demolished because the great Khan's sons were on holiday.
>>
>>351060
>guys I got a papercut and I don't have insurance I'm going to die help
>>
>>350000
I thought the Vandals built their own ships in spain
I didn't know they were shipped there

Are you sure?
>>
File: Armada-Invencible1.jpg (80 KB, 991x411) Image search: [Google]
Armada-Invencible1.jpg
80 KB, 991x411
Oh boy, to think that one can fuck up so much by sailing at the wrong time. So much in fact, that this started the whole declive of Spain.
>>
>>351784
Agree about IS being a bigger cause of instability m8
>>
>>351796

They were invited in by Bonifacius. And at least according to Procopius , the governor arranged a lot of the transport to have them on hand.
>>
>>351544
Well you can hold that opinion and like as such for it, you cannot say ISIS was more destabilizing.
>yuropoor r4easoning.
>>
>>351531
Do you know what you can do with an aluminum tube...? ALUMINUM
>>
>>350231
he had a good run for many decades though senpai
>>
>>351813
>What kinda armada you want
>Just fuck my shit up hermano
>>
>>351957
DON'T DROP THAT SHIT
>>
>>351998
PRAY TO GOD YOU DON'T DROP THAT SHIT
>>
>>349581
This. Afghanistan is a historic military failure. No one can claim it.

>>349992
>>350841
And we supported him against the Iranians because he was a genocidal maniac who thought God fucked up when he created Persians.

We also sent our terrorists to Assad to get tortured because we knew that's what they were good at.

So you can't exactly say it's OK to remove dictators from power as a principle because you supported them being dictators at some point.
>>
>>351193
>Well, Hussein posed threats to stable countries, most notably Kuwait and Iran.

We supported him posing a threat to Iran.
>>
>>351025
Government institutions are endogenous, you can't just replace them with whatever and hope the new institutions just work.
>>
>>351558
Not only that but everything was cheap with Saddam. Cost of living has skyrocketed since he was removed.
>>
>>351758
Hey, th y probably had more important things to do than figure out where in the sandbox different types of darkies live.
Like knocking off early to go drink. Or read a nice book.
>>
This retard destroyed Russia.

>Being a tsar is so hard
>I know, I will not teach my son anything up until he's in his thirties
>I surely won't die before that
>>
>>349609
>WW1 german helmet
>italy pls help

What are you, retarded?
>>
The only thing worse than Amerifats and Eurotrash thinking they should play God is when they insist they do it for moral reasons and, naturally, this means it is necessary.
>>
>>352746
>japan attacking pearl harbor
Winston Churchill admitted this would have been a viable strategic move if the Japanese had
A) not retreated so early
B) actually concentrated their forces on the Pacific islands and paid little attention to the highly defended areas around the Indian sea and Africa
>>
>>350796
By lmao islam did you mean lmao khwarezm? Take your identity politics elsewhere.
>>
>>351527

Put up or shut up about this massive Iraqi diaspora
>>
>>349581
fuck, I came here to post this
>>
File: moe through helplessness.jpg (175 KB, 708x826) Image search: [Google]
moe through helplessness.jpg
175 KB, 708x826
>>349414
Everything Antiochus III did ever.
>>
>>351699

this

Truman and Churchill were just massive pussies and Eisenhower fucked up big time.
>>
>>351794
>guys, I have a staph infection but I am not sure if it is one, I'm feeling like I am dying but I have no insurance, maybe on the Internet I can pay some "doctor" who will analyse me and tell me if I need to go to the doctor.

Americans are a fucking laughingstock, you literally have websites where you pay 50 bucks for someone to make a checklist for your symptoms and what it means.
>>
>>352755
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isoroku_Yamamoto#Attack_on_Pearl_Harbor
>"I shall run wild considerably for the first six months or a year, but I have utterly no confidence for the second and third years.
>>
>>351025
>implying medieval tier peasants who understand only force would rule a democracy fairly and justly
>>
>>351497

It's amazing how often people forget this one

see also Horns of Hattin

oops, I accidentally the whole levant
>>
File: le unbiased historical source.png (3 KB, 540x58) Image search: [Google]
le unbiased historical source.png
3 KB, 540x58
>>351839
>Procopius
>>
>>351466

I'll go to my grave wondering if the Kuwait thing was the most epic miscommunication ever, or the most epic ruse ever
>>
>>351699
;_; the good always die young
>>
>>350279
>le WW1 was caused by Princip killing Ferdinand meme
>>
>>351699
Couldn't have done it prolly.
>>
>>352830
>implying global relations would not be forever fucked with a U.S. invasion of Russia.
It would imply that there is no poetry on earth, and only strength, and society would be a free for all.
>>
>>351193
Hussein posed threats to the petro-dollar system, wanting to trade oil for Euro, that's why he had to be taken care of in the first place by Dubya.
>>
>>351699
It wouldn't have worked without the use of nukes. But if there was a time to use them, it was then.
>>
>>354148

It's funny because America had the exclusive on nukes for 7 fucking years, and even more if you consider it would have taken more years for the soviets to build a stockpile after the first test.

Can you imagine if the Japs, Nazis or Soviets had the same exclusive for that kind of time? Do you really think they would have not used them on their enemies indiscriminately? The USA were a lot of things in the last 60 years, but they were the most righteous of all just for not abusing that enormous power.
>>
>>351567
i'd hate to be lebanon sheeshkebabs
>>
>>349427
Gaddafi went senile.

The dude flipped the fuck out at the protests and killed hundreds for no apparent reason despite being a massive unity advocate and having a relatively peaceful and well organized government for at least a decade.
>>
>>352402
post-war germany.
>>
>>349565
What happened?
>>
Entire thread, westerners criticizing the US for essentially acting as the West's military force.
If it wasnt for the US military Europe, the middle east and asia would be under Communist rule.
You should be thankful to the US for doing what you lack the power or balls to do.
With your self guilt and cynicism you pretend to be morally superior because you simply relied on the US to protect your interests(in the grand scheme of things).
Its pathetic, cowardly blind and self defeating.
Your particular cultures and states lack the backbone to stand up for SOMETHING and actually make choices and you dare criticize those that do.
Those that must make choices are always an easy target for cowards.
>>
>>354475
Doing good things doesn't mean the bad shit just gets thrown under the rug.

The US has misused their power for the past two decades. Even further if you want to talk about the coups and arms deals they made.

>b-but muh commies
You sound like the old fucks who linger in their past glory, as if it excuses them from all forms of criticism forever. It's the exact same argument.
>>
File: 1443620635048.png (203 KB, 696x653) Image search: [Google]
1443620635048.png
203 KB, 696x653
>>354475
Both gratefulness and guilt aren't factors in realpolitik son. The only thing that matters is what you're doing now.

Also there's nothing wrong with a bit of imperialism, you just have to be efficient about it. People don't actually blame the US for trying to replace Saddam with a socdem government, but for failing to do so.
>>
Saddam and Gaddafi were hugely damaging to their nations, starting costly losing wars and wrecking the country's economy.

What the middle east needs is benevolent dictators. Arguably Assad is the best a country like Syria could hope for in that regard. Ditto the military regime in Egypt.
>>
>>354540
WTF? the arguments and criticism were on a moral basis so was my reply.
>>
>>354646
And so was mine.
>>
>>354201
Lebanon was actually a pretty nice country pre-Civil War.
>>
>>354475
>deliberately dismantle European power post-WWII
>do a shit job of replacing it and fuck up half the planet
>"w-why doesn't the West like us???"

The sooner China overtakes you kucks the better.
>>
>>354222
There was no evidence that he killed all those people. It was just bullshit the rebels were feeding the media.
>>
>>354699
>implying Europe had any power after WW2.
The Soviet army would have waltzed into western Europe, taken over Germany, France etc.
>>
>>354699
Id love to see direct Chinese influence over Europe..
Are you really that excited to say goodbye to western ideals? Like I wrote above, no backbone and no respect for yourselves and the long history of western culture.
The Western world has major up coming opposition, both militarily and culturally.
What Is Europe doing? dismentaling itself and creating the roots of future civil unrest.
>>
>>352032
>We supported him posing a threat to Iran.

Only after the Iranian Revolution and the Shah being deposed.

>>352039
Because it was subsized by oil money anon.
>>
>>354740
What western ideals? Europe just wants more Islamization, balkanization, socialism and the massive expansion of the entitlement state? How is it any better than the PRC than its totalitarian based capitalist state? At least the ChiComs aren't turning people into sheep who'll stand there when ISIS comes to kill them.
>>
Burning of the library of Alexandria. Fuck you Gayius
>>
>>356013
That was the Romans.
>>
>>355980
>Only after the Iranian Revolution and the Shah being deposed.

The Shah was only in power because the Brits and US helped overthrow a democratically elected government because it wanted to nationalize the oil industry there.

Brits and US created political turmoil in a previously stable and modern nation, then supported an insane dictator in attacking that nation with chemical weapons when he political turmoil they created didn't turn out how they wanted. Then when they acknowledge that the insane dictator they were supporting was a threat to their allies n the region they fought to wars against him. The last one was justified on the basis of his use of chemical weapons that had been provided to him by the US and West Germany. Because of all this, Iraq is a war torn disaster area and Iran is ruled by an Islamic government that doesn't like us or our allies.

I'm waiting for the inevitable war with Iran when our government and media start spewing out propaganda. One of the reasons given for the war will almost certainly be that Iran needs a democracy and it will be conveniently forgotten hat they were a democracy in 1953, and that western powers got rid of it in the name of helping out British Petroleum.
>>
>>350279
>tfw imagining princip smiling briefly before walking up to the car and pulling the trigger with a straight face
>>
Listening to the Jews.
>>
>>351165
it goes both ways
>>
>>356081
The insane dictator was threatening long before Americans threw their cards in with him. He just knew how to play the game (until the Gulf War). Remember he had support from the Russians/Soviets too and was popular in the Arab countries for his war against Iran and support for the PLO.
>>
>>349539
Why the fuck did they think Pakistan could work as one nation?

It's like making Poland and Portugal one country.
>>
>>352825
I know nothing about the Diadokhoi. What did Antiochus do?
>>
>>355999
Socialism IS European ideals
>>
>>350190
Even Bismark, I'd say.

It's not like he was a good diplomat, everybody hated his guts. It's just that he arranged circumstances so that if they didn't concede to him, he'd completely fuck their shit up.

Bismark was a great strategist though, he always knew when to stop.
>>
>>353876
wat

No it would imply that communism is destroyed once and for all.
>>
>>354193
>7 years
It was 4
The Soviets tested their first device in '49
The Americans tested Trinity in '45
>>
>>351813
>Arma
The English counterarmada had a literally worse result, especially considering the eventual death of Drake, the spaniards won that particular war and their decline was because of france, more than a century later, u fukin anglo heretic
>>
>>357171
>Why the fuck did they think Pakistan could work as one nation?

Because the British divided it amongst lines of religion: muslim and literally everything else (including even other muslims). For example the division between muslim Bangaldesh and India was a result of British colonial policy that was divide and rule.
>>
>>357194
nothing too wrong, he is a /twg/ meme though.
well magnesia.
>>
>>357171
pakistan was thought to be a muslim israel on it's inception though, especially by cold war analysts
>>
File: -.jpg (17 KB, 479x66) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
17 KB, 479x66
>>
>>350719
oh shit, general "don't get your uniforms dirty lads", mcclellan coming through
>>
>>357587
It worked out pretty well though.

The recent stuff is more due to the invasion of Iraq.
>>
>>352992
>Europoor 3rd worlders get infected with every little paper cut

Kek. I guess the dirty streets and shitty immune system hampering diet can explain that. Us Americans are naturally strong.

Also,
>tfw keyboard autocorrects "Us" to "US" and "USA"
>>
>>349539
A good idea in theory, because both nations were Islamic south Indian nations, meanwhile India is primarily Hindu. Hindus are Muslims hate each other too much to share a country without third party administration, and generally the British felt nations sharing interests helped both areas.

Turns out that the Bengalis and Pakistanis also hate each other.
>>
>>354740
>Id love to see direct Chinese influence over Europe

As a European, so would I. Right now we're rotting from within. Anything is better than this drawn-out suicide.
>>
>>357668
>Hindus are Muslims hate each other

India has the third largest population of Muslims in the world. Yet it's still more stable than Pakistan in all its iterations.

>Turns out that the Bengalis and Pakistanis also hate each other.

That would happen if you try and murder several million people and systemically rape their women while you are at it.
>>
>>351025
>When will the general public learn that toppling middle eastern dictators usually just

ur are a seriously ignorant mother fucker...
>>
File: Mountbatten_Jinnah.jpg (58 KB, 800x616) Image search: [Google]
Mountbatten_Jinnah.jpg
58 KB, 800x616
>>357171
>Why the fuck did they think Pakistan could work as one nation?

They didn't, but it provided them a handy base from which they, and later America, could harass India.
>>
File: bomberhit.gif (4 MB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
bomberhit.gif
4 MB, 500x281
>>354193

first of all >>357390, secondly, ICBMs were still a decade away, and no US bomber was going to get through Soviet air defenses, the proclamations of Giulio Douhet notwithstanding.
>>
>>349414
Giving women the vote.

Although I'm not quite sure if that is a symptom or cause of Western decay.
>>
>>351014
keep smearing your smegma all over your face in denial
>>
>>350472
back to Reddit, bud
>>
>>354193

Americans had already won WW2 by the time they bombed Hiroshima. The war was a few weeks from ending, since almost all Japanese maritime trade was disrupted and they were going to starve unless they surrendered. Americans didn't nuke Japan for making them surrender, the Japanese capitulation was just a question of time. That's the real reason behind the nukes, time. The Americans feared that the Soviets invaded Japan and expanded communism through Eastern Asia. Being righteous doesn't have anything to do neither with history nor diplomacy nor war, fucking imbecile.
>>
>>357396
This. Rocroi was the real declive of Spain.
>>
>>357649
>naturally strong

Not once the shopping mall ad culture, junk food, and shit education turn your children's brains to mush
>>
File: q.jpg (46 KB, 850x400) Image search: [Google]
q.jpg
46 KB, 850x400
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Teutoburg_Forest

>be Quinctilus Varus
>ordered to take the Germanic lands for the Roman Empire
>given command of three legions plus auxiliary forces
>decide to take the word of a Germanic hostage because he seems like a pretty chill guy
>send the invading army down a narrow path perfect for ambush, ignoring all advice to the contrary
>get the entire Roman contingent slaughtered
Thread replies: 186
Thread images: 24

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.