[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What If everyone on /his/ had read Nietzsche? "What If?"/Alt
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 3
File: nietzsche-spurdo.png (92 KB, 780x497) Image search: [Google]
nietzsche-spurdo.png
92 KB, 780x497
What If everyone on /his/ had read Nietzsche?

"What If?"/Alt History threads would be gone (eternal recurrence). No Christposters would be left, nor Idealists. Leftykeks would renounce slave moralities. Utilitarians, Free Markeks, and Scientism dunderheads shot. Everyone would eat their "50 A Day" portion of fruit and an Eagle would perch atop the flag of the Ubermensch and sing the Hymn to Life.
>>
Reading someone doesn't mean you agree with them or that everything they said is convincing or true. You're a faggot, bb.
>>
>everyone how read Nietzsche agrees with his beta fantasies
>>
>>348655
I didn't say anything like that. Although it's true that everyone would have to read him well for the OP to occur.

>>348656
How are any of his fantasies beta? He was the opposite. Will to health despite so much sickness. Able to accept the truth about orders of rank, slavery, etc despite having so much compassion.
>>
>>348660
>read him well
>A good reading of X will arrive at the same conclusions I do about X, which coincidentally are the conclusions the author came to in the text of X
You're literally intellectual cancer. Using Nietzsche here only emphasizes that fact.
>>
>>348660
> How are any of his fantasies beta?
It's all about beta trying hard to be an edgy alpha.
>>
>>348664
Again, I didn't say any of that. If you have any objections to make it would be better to state them outright. Instead it looks silly to just come into a thread you seem to disagree with only to keep it bumping. It seems so egoistic, maybe you are projecting here.
>>
>>348670
You really think that a good reading of Nietzsche would make literally all readers follow the vague principles of his philosophy? I'm insulting you and your inability to make a good post, not trying to attack Nietzsche's ideas.
>>
>>348669
>a man trying to overcome his own weakness
>beta

Your brains shot with memes. Get help
>>
>>348669
>It's all about beta trying hard to be an edgy alpha.
Have you even read him? Alpha/beta dichotomy is below the level of this philosophy. He wouldn't care about the ideology of insecure? lower-class males. You'd be better off in "red pill" or >>>/r9k/ or tumblr. At least if you want to continue using such vulgar ideas.
>>
>>348647
His ideas are so-so, and his writing is garbage.
If everyone on /his/ did read him, the only difference is that we'd be getting less Nietzsche threads.
>>
>>348675
I didn't say a good reading. I said "read him well" - basically if his books were the only thing they ever read and they read them over and over and over and over.

Even if I was saying what you suggest though, you'd merely be pot calling kettle black.
>>
>>348677
He's probably just parrotting his "hero" Russell and his ad hominems against Nietzsche after Nietzsche BTFO'd the anglos
>>
>>348683
>I said "read him well" - basically if his books were the only thing they ever read and they read them over and over and over and over.
You mean 'exclusively,' not 'well.' Enjoy being beta.
>>
>>348683
>I said "read him well" - basically if his books were the only thing they ever read and they read them over and over and over and over.

Your opinion is shit and your thread is shit.
Next time you finish reading a book and want to blog about, do so on reddit.
>>
>>348682
>his writing is garbage
He is widely considered one of the best prose stylists in German and best philosophers in history, you having a laugh?

I find it funny whenever people think they can take down any of the canon greats so easily.
>>
>>348690
I didn't literally mean exclusively. Also like was said above, take your beta projection bullshit elsewhere. Only fags filling their head with little-girl thoughts would even think in such terms and such seriousness.
>>
>>348697
>best philosophers in history
Heidegger wasn't sure if Neetch was a philosopher, actually. His rank is hotly contested. Most of the people who put him that high in the canon are charlatans.
>>
They'd probably realise he was a substandard hack; read Plotinus.
>>
>>348700
>Anyone who disagrees with my assessment of Nietzsche is a little girl
>>
>>348706
>Heidegger

>Nietzsche is not actually the overcoming of nihilism, he's just the completion of it, ya gotta know Being first :^)
>will to power and overman are metaphysical/otherworldly
>the true Nietzsche is not found in the published works ;)
>the Being, not becoming!
Heidegger is exactly the kind of obtuse German barrier to European enlightenment Nietzsche described past figures as being (right down to personal inclinations towards romantic nationalism nazi volk shit).
>>
>>348697
>I find it funny whenever people think they can take down any of the canon greats so easily

The internet gave everyone an intellectual superiority complex, everyone went full dunning-kruger. Just look at atheism leddit. These people unironicallygo "i just solved all of philosophy, hear me out" only to vomit out some already existing idea from 400 years ago
>>
>>348715

Tell us more about the extensive time you spend on Rebbit.
>>
>>348713
What's your point? Do you really think that's an adequate assessment of Heidegger's philosophy as a whole or his attitude toward Nietzsche?
>>
>>348669
>>348690
>beta
Precisely the thing that "alphas" think qualifies them as alpha — skirt-chasing — is what disqualifies them from alphaness forever. You think Borgia chased skirts? You've never opened a history book in your life. They think like a woman. Does a tree fall in the forest if there's no woman around to see it? And the answer of the "alpha" is: no. "Alphas" are fags, by the technical definition of fag, even. Fagotry thought through to its ultimate conclusions: the culmination of feminism as a complete philosophy of life. It is here that woman reigns supreme and makes the rules. And the goal of the "alpha", is to discover them.
>>
>>348715
>dunning-kruger
Looks like you've gone full Dunning-Kruger
>>
>>348647
>Leftykeks would renounce slave moralities
>implying that most of the leftist movements of these days aren't a mix of critical theory with nietzsche
>>
>>348727
What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>348720
Main point: Heidegger's assessment of Nietzsche is dependant upon the unpublished works, everyone else cares about the published works usually. At least ITT. So to post his opinions on that is misleading. Also "Nietzsche is not a real philosopher" isn't an adequate assessment, as you posted.
>>
>>348732
What elements of Nietzsche do they use, and which do they ignore?
>>
>>348734
tl;dr the definition of alpha is based around petty bullshit like skirtchasing
>>
>>348740
You are trying too hard.
>>
>>348736
Could you please explain why Nietzsche's corpus shouldn't be considered as a whole? Whether or not his fascist sister published the Will to Power, he wrote it, and you should just get over it. In fact, nobody has even named one of his works yet, so to say that this is a debate about his published or unpublished works is wrong. I didn't say 'Nietzsche isn't a real philosopher,' I said that some contest his status as one. He was a thinker, but he took great pride in making an explicit break with the logical and artistic formats associated with the philosophical tradition. It seems like you're misunderstanding what Heidegger meant, which was that he was a pioneer of a new kind of thought that isn't necessarily the same as philosophy as it has been known since Plato. That doesn't seem misleading at all.
>>
>>348740
Are you from /r9k/?
>>
What if everybody read Kant and Descartes instead?
>>
>>348759
They'd be fucking slave morality
>>
>>348759
What if everyone read Hegel instead?
What if even half of them understood him
>>
>>348737
Negation of the "natural" moral order of the world, moral of a society working as a dominator of the individual will, critique of the science values, consideration of history (aka, social constructivism) and so on

See Foucault, Deleuze, Judith Butler, for example.

And they ignore all the edgy aristocratic view from nietzsche.
>>
>>348647
I've read 90% of Nietzsches work at least twice and am still Christian
What next?
>>
>>348755
>Could you please explain why Nietzsche's corpus shouldn't be considered as a whole?
Not the point of contention. "The *real* Nietzsche is in the unpublished works" was the actual point. Be honest, his sister did more than publish "it", her editing is the only reason those various writings were collected together. The actual Will to Power project became the Revaluation project, which only produced Antichrist. 99% of discussions of Nietzsche do not assume the misconfusions that you or Heidegger take as essential, because the Will to Power Nietzsche is no longer mainstream. The published books are the mainstream view now and we assume people ITT are taking that until they show otherwise.

What logical and artistic formats which would enclose thinkers as diverse as Laozi, the Budda, Plato, La Rochefoucauld, Schopenhauer etc would not however include Nietzsche? All philosophers tend to break new ground in some way.
>>
>>348773
>>348732
>And they ignore all the edgy aristocratic view from nietzsche.
But doesn't that part logically follow from his other work on morality? And even from any slave morality itself, e.g. they must accept that the strong need even more protection from the weak than vice versa.

>>348789
What do you think of his few glorifying words to Jesus? "The only Christian to ever exist died on the cross" <-- that thing?
>>
>>348789

You should re-read it all again and include the 10% you missed, duh.
>>
>>348809
It holds some truth to it I think, no man can ever really come close to the holiness and the dedication to a righteous life than Christ, although I tend to take the things Nietzsche says about Christianity with a grain of salt, I think his surroundings were a bad picture of Christianity,

>>348811
The only ones I haven't read are:
The Greek Music Drama
Twilight of the Idols
Ecce Homo
Nietzsche contra Wagner
>>
>>348809
> The only Christian to ever exist died on the cross
But this is false, Jesus was a jew and Christianity started with his death.
>>
>>348820
Christianity didn't start until Paul, Siege of Jerusalem maybe
>>
>>348647
why bother reading the philosophy of a guy that never got laid lol

read schopenhauer; the guy fucked tonnes of beautiful bitches and wrote stuff that was actually intelligible. Besides, he beat Nietzsche to the "greater the challenge = greater the happiness" world view
>>
>>348827
Nietzsche was hugely inspiring by Schopenhauer
>>
>>348820
He means the only one to live a Christian life. Which isn't scripture but oh well.
>>
>>348836
But the guy didn't get laid at all.
At least Witte who was also inspired initially by Schopes had gay sex. That lends his work some validity.
>>
>>348755
His sister actually changed huge portions of W2P and some other books to make them palatable to nationalism.
>>
>>348823
Christianity as a separate religion - yes. Christianity as a sect within Judaism started with his death and believe in his resurrection.
>>348839
But Jesus lived a Jewish life. Like, he never read New Testament, never went to church, all that stuff. This is a cheap rhetorics on Nietzsche's part, nothing more.
>>
File: Nietzsche187a.jpg (632 KB, 1464x1986) Image search: [Google]
Nietzsche187a.jpg
632 KB, 1464x1986
>>348840

I struggle to believe you can so casually disregard the philosophy of someone with such an impressive moustache.
>>
>>348859
For all the stache he had he wasted it by not passing on his genes.
>>
What if everyone read zizek instead?
>>
>>348764
half the population would have brain damage
>>
>>348858
>But Jesus lived a Jewish life. Like, he never read New Testament, never went to church, all that stuff. This is a cheap rhetorics on Nietzsche's part, nothing more.
Wow way to miss the point. His contention was that reading NT and going to church isn't what makes one a christian, he thought tons of hypocrites already did so but missed out on the most important things Jesus taught.
>>
>>348827
>>348840
I find it hard to believe you aren't the same as what you criticise when you put such things on a pedestal.
>>
>>349198
> the most important things Jesus taught
This is not "Christianity". The most important thing about Jesus for a Christian is him being the God, part of Trinity, his resurrection and his second coming. Jesus (quite unoriginal) moral teaching, while important, is secondary to the Christianity. As I've said, Nietzsche either didn't understand that Christianity is about or just wanted to make a "deep" aphorism for deepness sake. It's the same thing western hipsters do Buddhism disregarding complexity of its context, boiling it down to simple "deep" maxims.
>>
>>348755
A brief history of the Will to Power.

1. Nietzsche writes a rough draft for the book
2. Nietzsche goes insane before he can complete the book
3. His sister combines the roughdraft with some of his notes, than makes very crude changes (crosses out paragraphs she doesn't like)
4. A few years later historians review documents and discover the changes. Using things like hand writing analysis it's very easy.
5. New versions of the book are printed that restore it.

In summary Will to Power is aversion Nietzsche never had time to edit, so it has the worst prose out of any of his books (but it's actually fairly easy to understand). Also some of the chapters have no central theme so it's just a collection of unrelated notes. It is however authentic.
>>
OP if you made that Spurdo image, then you're an ignorant toolbag and you should stop talking about my N.
>>
>>349587
I didn't make it but I find it funny. These images are meant to have exaggerations, what problem do you have with it?
>>
>>349607
Like, I kind of get it, but the views are based in a very cursory understanding of Nietzsche. Like, first, Nietzsche has nothing but praise for virtue ethics (in the sense of being strong, wise, etc), I don't think Nietzsche would advocate "praising" power, Nietzsche isn't hostile to reason at all, etc.

Though the line about "the overman gotta be littered with the blood of the nihilists" is pretty good.
>>
>>349757
>first, Nietzsche has nothing but praise for virtue ethics (in the sense of being strong, wise, etc)
Yeah but it's well known Nietzsche tended not to put those under the category "morality" which he only reserved for moralities he found contemptible. He called himself an immoralist and waged war against morals because he didn't consider virtue ethics to fall within that, arbitrarily or not.

>I don't think Nietzsche would advocate "praising" power
Again Nietzsche's usage of of "power" is really odd. He obviously sometimes uses the common meaning to be edgy at times but most of the time it's almost synonymous with "the force". Will to power is what he offered as a more accurate theory of the world, a correction of "natural law" theories, atomisms, etc. "world is the will to power—and nothing besides!" So the spurdo comic tells you to praise power, to praise life or this world. That attitude is very Nietzsche. You might ask why it doesn't say "praise will to power" specifically. I think that's apt too however, as Nietzsche always wants to ward off readers he thinks wouldn't be suitable for his work, often by inflaming their emotional inconstancy. He often does that by seeming to favour "evil" actions completely but then it's usually him just giving those aspects of the world the evaluation they were long due, after unfair treatment. So "praise power" has the effect of seeming to endorse the types of behaviours and functions that trigger slave moralists but as I said, the will to power meaning is more accurate.

>Nietzsche isn't hostile to reason at all, etc.
But in the same way, he was overtly critical of reason because he felt it had been glorified at the expense of other drives. I mean this was the century Darwin, rationalists and anthropocentrics in general were getting BTFO everywhere, after centuries of self-importance. Nietzsche took the naturalists scapel to reason, hence the psychology and physiological analyses of it.

The nihilists blood idk!
>>
>>348809
Yeah, in TSZ Neet-Chan explicitely calls Jesus "a great and truly good man", in some other works, he did, too.

You know, he hated the game, not the founder.
>>
>>350060
Nietzsche never uses good to mean good and evil to mean bad. Jesus was good in a good/evil sense, but not so good in a good/bad sense (though he was truly admirable in some ways)
>>
>>348858
>But Jesus lived a Jewish life. Like, he never read New Testament, never went to church, all that stuff. This is a cheap rhetorics on Nietzsche's part, nothing more.
What a fool you are! The Christian life is, by definition, the life that Christ lived. He is the Christian example. The statement implies that Christians do not live up to their example. What a literal minded cretin you are!
>>
>>350074

How is wandering around the desert telling people that he was the messiah and the world was coming to an end 'admirable'? He told families not to bury their dead and people to leave their place of work.

Even the perceived pieces of wisdom are just standard pieces of Jewish teachings of the time.
>>
File: This thing.png (90 KB, 1636x506) Image search: [Google]
This thing.png
90 KB, 1636x506
>>350303
Nietzsche believes that part of our understanding of Jesus has been deliberately falsified by the church, for instance he does not think the original Jesus claimed to be God. He interprets Jesus as being more like a Buddhist or stoic, he has found a way to be completely at peace in the world despite his terrible conditions. Nietzsche believes that the spiritual things Jesus talks about are meant to be subjective, personal feelings, he went as far as to suggest that in Jesus's philosophy the inner world of "feeling spiritual" is more important and more meaningful than the outer material world.

In contrast the Jesus that is screaming about how everyone will suffer unless they worship him is the Jesus of Paul Apostle(P.A.).

>>349757
It's probably a bad idea to learn philosophy from Spurdo anyway.
>>
>>350396

That wasn't what I was saying.

I agree that the poor evidence we have for Jesus' views leads me to the opinion that he was a devout Rabbi who thought he was the messiah (the messiah isn't god).

If he actually was still a being that had conscious thought he would be horrified.

a) because it turned out he wasn't the messiah
b) because heretics had turned him into an idol and made an entire religion worshipping him.
>>
You know, I find Nietzsche really weird. He looks at a world without intrinsic, objective meaning or morality and then says "make your own values" which sounds OK, except he then starts laying down rules for what are and are not acceptable values for this purpose. His values strike me as arbitrary, willy-nilly nonsense; just as much crass moralization as any other.
>>
>>348647
>Nietzsche is convincing that if you've read him, you immediatly start to think like him
No

Fuck off
>>
>>348647
I don't think it's possible to everyone to assimilate his philosophy. There will always be people that want their slave morality or people simply too stupid to handle it. It's just a question of not having them weigh everyone else down. There's some passages where Nietzsche predicts that if we continue with the egalaritian, ressentiment democratic path, the masses will trample on everything and you will start seeing decay everywhere. There's a post right now about how humanity departments are having classes on fat-acceptance for instance.

Something needs to be done though. As Kierkegaard correctly states there 3 types of cultures, 3 types of value systems that are going to battle it out to decide the ultimate future.

>But conservatives and liberals too are on their way to becoming extinct in short order, and be completely supplanted by the three categories of lifeforms whose struggle will decide mankind's future (at least until extraterrestrials arrive on the scene): the subhumans, the humans and... the superhumans, the last of whom I and a handful of other individuals throughout history, of course, have been the first examples.
>>
>>349211

>implying Nietzsche wasn't a massive weakling writing a philosophy for the strong
>>
>no christposters left

bait detected
if not S T F U
>>
>>351578
>>351578
>willy-nilly
Butthurt Anglo underman detected
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.