[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Teach me of the life and times of the self proclaimed prophet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2
Teach me of the life and times of the self proclaimed prophet Muhammad.

Is there any real evidence he was a prophet?

Was he a good man?

General Muhammad thread.
>>
>>341581
How can there be real evidence of being a prophet?
>>
>>341605
based anon
>>
>>341605
From what I have heard Muhammad was around when we had lots of good record keeping, maybe someone recorded some Arab guy doing miracles or predicting the future etc.
>>
>>341621
Clairvoyance/psychic powers/whatever are based mostly on educated guesses or vague enough statements that they could apply to a wide range of circumstances. People who have these powers as they claim are also usually remembered by the predictions that ended up happening, and not the ones that were totally wrong. Again, this is aided by the fact that their statements are just retroactively evaluated and found to apply to something, like a fortune cookie.
>>
Muhammad was the Arab Joseph Smith
>>
>>341581
>Is there any real evidence he was a prophet?

Nonsensical question that only theists care about.

>Was he a good man?

Eh, that's really subjective. 4chan has a bit of hateboner for him because of the whole Mudslime thing but honestly, Muhammad was pretty decent compared to a lot of conquerors before and after him.

He also united the Arab peoples under one banner. That's pretty rad.
>>
Lived most of his life as a good man until he started to have convulsions 'n shit and tough he was a prophet then he slowly decayed as a human being and started to do stupid evil things...
But before he lost his mind he was a good person.
>>
File: 1446857805899.jpg (62 KB, 640x616) Image search: [Google]
1446857805899.jpg
62 KB, 640x616
>>342808
Someone edit this to be about Muhammad and the Arab peoples.
>>
>>342996
>Depicting the prophet Muhammed

Enjoy getting your head cut off by a butthurt "refugee."
>>
>>341581
>Was he a good man?
By modern standards, not really. By VIIth century Arabic standards? Yes. He actually improved the situations of women and slaves in society. The Arabs used to kill most baby girls in pre-Islamic times, also women couldn't hold any property. The slaveowners are repeatedly told to convert their slaves to islam and free them, and there's general rules for how one should treat slaves.

Not to mention the general ritual laws that improved hygiene and health among Arabs.
>>
Liar
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.