[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What kinds of dogs did ancient people have? and what did they
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3
File: 1101909.jpg (190 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1101909.jpg
190 KB, 500x375
What kinds of dogs did ancient people have? and what did they do with them?
>>
They did naughty things with them.
>>
>>336367
So Japan has ALWAYS been fucked up?
>>
>>336376
East Asian people are not human.
>>
File: 1409726397540.jpg (181 KB, 1543x1024) Image search: [Google]
1409726397540.jpg
181 KB, 1543x1024
>>336433
Go back to /pol/
>>
>What kinds of dogs did ancient people have?
Very archetypical dogs, with long legs and snouts. Built for running and biting.
>and what did they do with them?
Hunted with them, used them to guard stuff, trained them for war, companionship, etc. Sometimes ate them. Same shit we've always done with them.
>>
>>336439
I'm not even him but they seriously lack empathy and have weird autist fetishes.
>>
>>336439
>tfw you will never be this autistic
Brightens my day tbqh

>>336357
The Ancient Romans had a dog called the Molossus. It's thought to be one of the ancestors of the mastiff. They'd strap armor and spikes to them occasionally and take them into battle.

The Alans apparently had the Alaunt, which was their tribal dog.

Persians had the Saluki, and Egyptians had the Sloughi.
>>
>>336508
>all East Asians

>all of them

>1 billion+ people

nice generalizations m8
>>
>>336511
Apparently the molossus was the ancestor of most of the big ass euro working dogs as well. Mastiffs, a few shepherds and rottweilers if I'm not mistaken.

The Chinese have had the pekingnese and shih Tzu in some form as royal court companions since apparently 800 BC
>>
The Tahltan people of what is now northern British Columbia had a dog that helped them hunt bears.

It makes me sad that this breed (which it is believed had come with them over the Bering land bridge) survived until the 1960s, then disappeared.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tahltan_Bear_Dog
>>
What's the oldest known dog breed still around?
>>
>>336799
Chinese Chow Chow
>>
>>336508
Sounds like 4chan tbqh
>>
>>336799
Mastiffs are roman dogs, there are Egyptian hunting dogs that are still around as well. Most spitz type dogs are believed to be decended from ancient hunting dogs used by humans since the last ice age
>>
>>336367
This was painted ironically much like the Fisherman's Wife print with the octopus. You shouldn't consider ukiyo-e as depictions of actual sex acts.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.