[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it true native Americans thought the white man coming to their
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: 71151-LekS251TktBrKl8T9_1Lmw.jpg (46 KB, 600x404) Image search: [Google]
71151-LekS251TktBrKl8T9_1Lmw.jpg
46 KB, 600x404
Is it true native Americans thought the white man coming to their land was fulfilment of their religious prophecy?
>>
>native Americans
Which ones? Two continents and thousands of ethnic groups.
>>
>>329354
I think aztecs predicted Gods were pale men and when they met the Spaniards they assumed they were God and let them into their fortified caste/base/whatever

once inside the Spanish went killed them all to spread the religion of "peace" Christianity.
>>
>>329459
>once inside the Spanish went killed them all to spread the religion of "peace" Christianity.
It was actually to pillage their valuables. Atheists always want the fedora meme to stop, but just reinforce it by letting their fedorable religion hate boner type their words for them.
>>
>>329467
"I must kill these non christians because of my religion, dues vult!" - Hernán Cortés
>>
>>329479
Cortes did not give the order to kill them, Pedro De Alvarado did.
>>
Such a qt

willempie sure did well
>>
>>329354
>White man
Did not exist before the 1960's
>>
>>329479
Not how it happened.
>>
>>329354
There is no uniform native american culture, so no. Some native americans did believe that, though, most prominently Moctezuma.
>>329612
Pretty sure the natives thought they exist.
>>
>>329354
>white man
>uses a picture of Queen Maxima, an Argentinian
>Argentinians
>White
>>
>>329853
She's so white she became Dutch
>>
>>329459
I'm a little curious about the claim they were pale. Sailors tend to have a rusty tan plus their skin would've been dirty. Maybe not as dark as the natives but not pasty either.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.