[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw can't see myself majoring in not humanities >post
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7
File: 00w0w_6V02IdCc5ME_600x450.jpg (17 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
00w0w_6V02IdCc5ME_600x450.jpg
17 KB, 450x450
>tfw can't see myself majoring in not humanities
>post graduation it means I'm fucked
>>
File: image.jpg (170 KB, 550x454) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
170 KB, 550x454
Tfw have history degree,
Tfw plan of military service post-graduation shatters as I'm medically disqualified now
Tfw 3 part time jobs now and still struggling financially
Tfw significant other becomes distant.
Tfw too weak to an hero
>>
Gun for the best grades possible. Read broadly and outside of the list. Be engaged without being an autistic, sycophantic hanger on.

If you are in a course with a practical component try and get a gig helping out a research student. You might get into academia or your resume will have enough for your potential employer to be able to read your commitment.
>>
>>328567
I'm not even sure what jobs I could even apply for
>>
>>328544
Just make sure you at least minor in CS.
>>
File: 1448755338574.png (226 KB, 480x433) Image search: [Google]
1448755338574.png
226 KB, 480x433
I failed the admission exam to History here in my country. Early this year I left a university where I was studying CS for this. In the end I didn't study anything and fucked up because of procrastination. I had my mind made, if I pass next year I will be 20 already and this thought is killing me.
>>
>>328554
loose weight fatty
>>
File: 1441111193134s.jpg (4 KB, 112x125) Image search: [Google]
1441111193134s.jpg
4 KB, 112x125
>>328755
I dropout of CS when I was 20 and wanted to take majoring in History but at the last minute I stop and reapply back to CS.I wasted one year from that and now I am getting my shit back after serious procrastination.I would be lucky to grade at 26 years old dude.

So please don't stop trying your admission exam for Majoring in History dude.You kinda reminds me of how I was feeling back then.
>>
>>328762
Thanks, anon. I will still be doing it, but 2016 will be another year of isolation from society it seems. It was also my hope to reconnect and set objectives with something.
>>
>>328544
can any of you guys recommend majoring in linguistics?

I'm really interested in accents and dialects and stuff like that, especially American ones like the Southern American English or Midland American English

Would linguistics be good for me senpaitachi?
>>
>>328761
Not even the reason, shitlord.
>>
>>330174
Well obviously not, but exercising does release endorphins and increase testosterone levels. Both of those things will make a) working harder easier and b) you more assertive. Both of which are probably gonna be good for you in the long term.

Also a good work out is one of the most satisfying things in the world, so you'll at least have that going for you.
>>
>>328544
Political and Social theory student here, going to graduate this coming summer.

Just chill out about it, you've already decided you would rather do what interests you that what is most likely to earn you money.
So just accept that and try and get a job you wont, if you like the idea of working in a Museum or being an academic, just go for it.

If you want to work in a soul sucking business, aint nothing wrong with a humanities degree, as long as it is a good university and you do some stuff for your CV outside of studying.
>>
File: Ebinurus.gif (16 KB, 191x280) Image search: [Google]
Ebinurus.gif
16 KB, 191x280
>>328554
no, like, dude, you don't get it, it's all in your head, like, just chill
>>
>history major
stupid dumbass asshole
>philosophy major
smart guy who makes stupid decisions
>STEM
sexy 10/10 provider, can go anywhere in life and study humanities in his off time
>>
i majored in philosophy and now can talk my way into any job that doesn't require super-specialized knowledge (and even some that do).
>>
>>331400
what if i have no charisma and am worse at talking than the average stem major
>>
>>331422
get a shitty job in retail to practice meaningless interaction with idiots
>>
>>331460
oh come on dude
>>
>study history and politics at university
>scrape by with shitty retail work for about 18 months
>get a decent job in accounting
>fired within 6 months for failing an exam
life is suffering
>>
IM CRYING
>>
>>331558
What? You're not even out of college yet. Isn't it a little early to be mounting your high horse?
>>
>>332011
what?
>>
>>328544
>Studying in History with a focus on legal history
Law school here I come. LSAT pls be gentle.
>>
>>332018
Why did you say "come on dude" as if working retail is not an option
>>
>>332047
because it isn't?
>>
>>332052
Yeah and I'm suggesting that perhaps your standards are unreasonably high. If you literally HAD to have a job in order to eat and not be homeless, you would work retail.
>>
>>332066
i already have a job i can't get another one dude

how is it unreasonable to want to have a job that requires a college degree
>>
>>332052
This guy >>332066 knows what he is talking about. If you want a dead end job with a bit more sex appeal go teach english abroad and learn a foreign language.

At least get you some employable skills, maybe get you more charismatic.
Also the masters is the new bachelors, maybe consider one.
>>
>>332121

cheating.
>>
>humanity
>>
>>334283
>human
>>
You could always set to finding non-graduate employment. It's not like it's gonna be any harder than looking for humanities graduate employment and it'll get you into the workforce right away so you'll actually be MORE employable 3/4 years from now. Just keep history as a hobby.
>>
>tfw majoring in business technology
>tfw one year paid co-op
Feels comfy man
>>
>>336326
gross
>>
>>336286
Fuck that, fuck you.
>>
>>337007
That sort of attitude right there? That's the root of most of your problems.
>>
>>328544

Your problem isn't the humanities.

I graduated with a bachelor majoring in both Philosophy and Political Science, got a entry-level job at the IFRC in Geneva with that degree, worked there for a couple of years while doing my Masters in Public Policy, became a Program Manager for various firms, now at 32 I am a Director for a mid-sized firm that mainly organizes conferences in politics and health with high-level attendees.

I might not make as much as some someone in a different field, but I enjoy what I do and am successful in what I do.

The problem does not lie with your degree, but what you do with it and your general attitude towards work and personal motivation.

The ones who were always whining while I was getting my degree are still losers, those who worked hard and are now in their thirties are all doing something they enjoy and making enough money to live a life without worries.
>>
>>337219
EN OH
>>
File: perfect.jpg (99 KB, 501x443) Image search: [Google]
perfect.jpg
99 KB, 501x443
>I have a shitty diploma in commercial shit i don't know anything about
>I like history so i just "study" it in my free time
>I just found a decently paid job
>i can help with money at home and buy the shit i want, like an airbrush for modeling

Take it easy lads, life is good
>>
>Tfw 23 and resigned to being a NEET
>Nothin but a high school diploma with average grades
>Live in one of the toughest places to find work, especially under the age of 30
>turned down for financial aid to go to school
>Bank won't approve loan
>Car is kill
>Just study shit I can find on the Internet in the meantime

It'll get better r-right, bros?
>>
>>337476
you have to learn a work m8
>>
>starting computer science course next year
>19 and already working in my chosen field with no formal edumacation, although mostly code-monkey shit
>really want to study something like history

just
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.