[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"What if?" question. USA goes full empire mode. Not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
"What if?" question.

USA goes full empire mode. Not in a term of "conquering the world", but ends the silly democracy and things like human rights and rules of engagement in wars and follows a simple goal to be the strongest entity in the World and does not tiptoe around important questions but goes in hamfisted.

Example: Mass use of chemical weapon and concentration camps in Afghanistan, capture of Cuba? Maybe?

How does not-nice America act?
>>
Huge war that kills millions of course, assuming things didn't instantly collapse at home.

And they said my thread was bad.
>>
>>322648

>Oh this looks coo-
>Official Languages: Spanish, Portuguese, French

Dropped
>>
File: 1412434941232.jpg (76 KB, 399x482) Image search: [Google]
1412434941232.jpg
76 KB, 399x482
>>322648
I doubt America would ever make its flag look so shitty. If the world doesn't turn into a nuclear wasteland then America would still not win. The death toll would probably reach millions and the entire culture of America would have to change into something similar to nazi Germany before they would allow that. The government would have to tell a really big lie before the average citizen would allow death on such a scale.
>>
Pakistan basically owns Afghanistan

they will not allow any military power, not Russia, not China, not India (especially not India), not the US to interfere too much to gain a foothold there.
>>
>>322731

Senpai, NATO has had a foothold there for over a decade
>>
You can't do that shit nowadays.

You'll have a coalition against you in 3 seconds. Not to mention internal strife.
>>
>>322648
I assume this world somehow doesn't have nuclear weapons, because they by their existence paralyse the countries that have them.

Because if not what happens is nuclear exchange that sends every nuclear equipped power that gets involved back to the 1600s. None nuclear powers go "huh.. so that happened" and go on with their lives.
>>
The North American and African Territory would be held easily. However thinking America could hold Japan or Australia is laughable, unless there was widespread chemical weapon use. Japan has to economy and the population to hold back the US in a defensive war and Australia would be a tough guerrilla war with strong backing by the Chinese and Indians.

I don't even know why they'd want New Zealand
>>
>>322648
>and things like human rights and rules of engagement in wars

Because they've been doing SO MUCH of that lately
>>
Russia and China would most likely butt in and declare war.
>>
>>322756
OP here.

Well, I think nukes are an ultimate global stopper to any conflict between relevant countries, but pretty much all fringe teritorries are IMO fair game.

>>322776
Pic is just ... pic. it should not represent "Empire Murrica".

I like public opinion being mentioned. Of course such a change is radical and highly hypotetical.
>>
>>322845
>pretty much all fringe teritorries are IMO fair game.

Um, no, you don't get to go on a conquest spree like that, if you did and were going full hitler, people would band together to first strike, if they felt like it was only a matter of time before you came for them, if they felt like that was the only option.

Basically the america you're describing would be the fast lane to a pan-eurasian alliance, which would be sexy as hell.

EU states, russia and china all working together, hnnng.
>>
>>322878
I wonder if Empire America would even need additional teritorries?
>>
>>322648
It collapses from inside
Look at just a little napalm worked out among US populace during the Vietnam War
>>
>>322648
They never would've taken off.
Without "silly democracy and things like human rights", the US never would've gotten the massive influx of immigration that boosted its population and allowed it to become the power that it is today.
>>
>>322648
Is this your country for Nationstates? :3
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.