[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone else found their new home board in /his/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 5
File: home.jpg (77 KB, 1280x721) Image search: [Google]
home.jpg
77 KB, 1280x721
Anyone else found their new home board in /his/?
>>
File: 1444295948896.jpg (6 KB, 240x229) Image search: [Google]
1444295948896.jpg
6 KB, 240x229
>>32027
>already spent 9 hours on it
>supposed to be studying judicial review

Help.
>>
>>32047
UK or US? Uni level or more college stuff?
>>
Like settling in a new, promising land.
Lots of wild animals and riffraff to fight first, also the landscape needs some slash and burn.
Just report the /pol/ nonsense diligently and this might turn out fine.
>>
Maybe, just maybe.

I won't enjoy fighting with others on here the next couple of months until they finally give up on censorship though.
>>
So glad, fits me perfectly, except for the few obnoxious /lit/ and /int/ posters, but they'll go away over time.
>>
>>32146
what's wrong with /int/? I know /lit/ is elitist but it's not /pol/ tier. It's like /tv/ but less memeaic
>>
>>32088
>Just report the /pol/ nonsense diligently and this might turn out fine.
Just as long as you don't go full feel-good liberal/SJW/Marxist with it, sure.
>>
>>32084
UK. Uni.
>>
>>32217
Didn't imply that I would, to be quite honest.
>>
>>32208

/int/ is /s4s/ with flags, truly the reddit of 4chan.
>>
>>32219
Ahhhhh judicial review isn't too bad desu. There are a lot more confusing places.

I'm cooking up a /his/ thread now about the role of Britain in Western culture it'll be up in a few hrs
>>
>>32278
butthurt
>>
>>32217
It isn't as fine a line as people on here seem to be making out.

>discussing controversial historical discussion
>fine

>making a thread including a loaded question about the Holocaust or sub-humans designed to draw 500 replies while letting other actually decent threads dies
>bad

Thankfully you can very easily smell a /pol/ user, since they're quick to accuse you of being a Redditor or Tumblrfag despite most of us having fairly conservative views and like to talk about Hitler, morality, degeneracy etc.
>>
I'm going to trial this board until it's off the news blotter. I don't think it's permanent but human history is an interesting enough topic.
>>
>>32208
/int/ turned to shit a while back. Now it's all generals and hurr im australian I must act like an australian. Also stupid forced memes and lack of interesting conversations.
>>
Probably will be.

I figure I'll be able to come here any time for something new and interesting.
>>
>>32217
This, we need to have a good balance, I don't want this board to go full /pol/ but I don't want it to be tumblr 2.0 like some other boards on this site
>>
i dont get what "Do not try to treat this board as /pol/ with dates" means
>>
I find it funny all the leftists want to censor thoughts and the apparent crazies are the ones for freedom of speech.

Time to rethink my political leanings. Truth doesn't fear investigation.
>>
>>32310
>despite most of us having fairly conservative views
4chan's is a very mixed bag in terms of that. I'm willing to bet most people here support gay marriage/gay rights whilst shitposting furiously about how they're the decay eating away at western morality.

>>32336
Yeah I do know what you mean. It seems on places like /brit/ people use t bh and f am just to fit the new british stereotypes all the time, posting shit memes all the time, 'lad lad' 'normie twat' etc/
>>
>>32146
/lit/ is the most qualified board to post here, owing to the fact that they actually read, rather than shitpost about flags.
>>
>>32310
>despite most of us having fairly conservative views
I don't even know what counts as conservative views here anymore. It seems to vary between boards.
>>
>>32398
If you're against mass immigrantion and being a minority in your own country you're a conservative
>>
>>32088
am i bad because i cringed reading your post?
>>
>>32286
>would've been fuckin' destroyed and the inbreeding problem solved if Britain wasn't an island

pathetic desu senpai
>>
>>32398
>>32374

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that on the whole 4chinners...

>are very liberal when regarding internet freedom
>don't usually give a fuck about gay people since they don't impact them
>somewhat xenophobic towards certain groups of people but not stupid enough to be actually racist
>generally support free market economies and a diminished welfare state
>>
>>32398

RINO DETECTED
>>
I used to browse /k/, /int/ and /pol/ for the off-chance of history threads. I'm going to be spending almost all of my time here now. I hope /gsg/ moves here from /vg/ as well.

If the Naziboo and holohoax posters are forced into a general this has the potential to be fantastic.

Also if they end up adding flags or some such stupid bullshit this board will be dead on arrival.
>>
Hitler was a good man. He didn't do anything wrong. He even went to church and everything.
>>
Once /int/ memesters leave, it might just be.
>>
>>32027
i enjoy it here and i hope the board stays.
>>
>>32441
>vehemently anti-Israel despite that being a conservative damsel in distress
>>
>>32373
There's discussion and then there's obvious shitposting of the kind:

>toxic kikes ruin everything
>no sources
>maybe a baity infographic
>>
>>32449
>wanting grand shitposting general here

t. bobo
>>
>>32027
Yes, all the other boards I used to enjoy are shit now
>>
>>32398
The problem is that /pol/ works with the right/left definition of the US, and those definitions are incompatible with the right/left in the rest of the world.
>>
>>32027
I really like this board
>>
The /his/ general on /lit/ was pretty much the only reason I came to 4chan outside of big video game conferences on /v/.
>>
>>32641

Back to >>>/lit/ with you.

/his/ is a /pol/ colony.
>>
>>32674
This.
>>
>>32441
This.
I'm fine with gays, and can admit I can see the appeal of dick
I want my guns, cars, and internet untouched by the government.
I will call everyone here a filthy nigger, but don't actually have anything against other races. I'm only racist in banter.
>>
>>32674
/his/ is a free, sovereign and independent nation who don't need no parental figure. Fuck off /pol/.
>>
>>32441
>not stupid enough to be actually racist
kek
>>
>>32705
I am a PoC (Person of Color) and that offends me. Why are you so insensitive towards us? That's blatant racism.
>>
>>32027
history and shitposting was the only thing in school I was truly passionate about, so yeah, i´ll stick around
>>
File: 250px-Pol_logo.png (88 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
250px-Pol_logo.png
88 KB, 250x250
>>32027
I'm probably going to abandon /pol/ for this.
>>
>>32027
If this was your "homeboard" then you wouldn't want to shit it up with metathreads.
>>
>>32674
I'm /pol/ but seriously, fuck off. I'm absolutely thrilled to have a place to discuss right-wing history and trash John Green-type horseshit but we don't need /pol/ content here.
>>
>>32674
/pol/ doesn't even read anything remotely serious, and is composed of shitflinging nationalists who wouldn't be able to outdebate a downs child.
>>
Seems like a big mistake to make this your home already.

/pol/ still has the huge potential to fuck it up.

I've seen about 30 that either started or got derailed with "we wuz kings, nigga" threads so far
>>
>>32641
We can still discuss books about history on /lit/. We can do that in the general.
>>
>>32748
There's thinking niggers are stupid, then there is thinking niggers are stupid because they were born niggers. It's nature vs nurture.
>>
>>32774
>Why are you so insensitive towards us
I'm a honky. Do you expect something else of me?
>>
>>32836
We wuz kings n queenz threads are hilarious.

I don't see why laughing at blatant historical lying and misinformation shouldn't be an aspect of this board.
>>
>>32027
Oh yes, this is my home since I got off work, saw it was up and saw that there were only two nazi threads, while threads about random shit like the USS Maine and Assyria were everywhere.

Keep up the good work, mods. Also, consider adding a silly filter to words like "kike" and "nigger".
>>
>>32836
>/pol/ still has the huge potential to fuck it up
Not gonna happen. /pol/ overestimate themselves if they think they can ruin a board in which they are the minority.
>>
>>32836
Give it time. It will die down. /k/ and /sci/ both deal with this shit daily.
>>
>>32814
>>32826

/lit/fags on suicide watch!

We're already here and there's nothing you could do faggots, it was meant to be.
>>
>>32310
> most of us having fairly conservative views

4chan always liked politically incorrect humour, that´s not the same thing as being conservative.

If you ask me we were much better off without the politics
>>
/x/ tier material finds refuge in /his/ too.

Agreed?
>>
File: 1426959691286-1.jpg (226 KB, 511x638) Image search: [Google]
1426959691286-1.jpg
226 KB, 511x638
>>32904
Your threads are going to be deleted for blatant shitposting and nonhistorical content and mine won't be. Not sure what you're so smug about.
>>
>>32892
Both /v/ and /r9k/ were partially ruined by /pol/. Let any board fall that far into the shit like they did, and /pol/ will happily take over.
>>
>>32892
>/pol/ overestimate themselves if they think they can ruin a board in which they are the minority.

You underestimate the power of the dark side. You really, really do. All it takes is a few /pol/iticians shitposting consistently and clogging the board with new threads and polluting existing threads - then ordinary posters, instead of making new threads and content will react and respond to the shitposting by countering it with more shitflinging. The cycle continues, till eventually you look from nazi to libkek and back to nazi and cannot tell the difference.
>>
>>32869
I expect you to behave like a civilised person and to be good to your fellow human.

It is this type of institutional racism that plagues discourse and society and it needs to end.

#EndRacism #LoveEveryone #KissOrHugAPoC #GivePeaceAChance
>>
>>32904
Mods delete /pol/ shitposting and if all else fails, discussion will resume as always on /lit/.
>>
>>32987
/pol/ can't do much if the majority of the board shuns them.

Just look at /k/. Stormfront only gets so far before everyone gets fed up.
>>
>>33126
I think a history board is much more ripe for colonisation from /pol/ than a weapons board.
>>
>>32964
Wrong. /v/ is ruined by all the underages there, redditfags and people that always take the bait.
/r9k/ is full of angsty kids and/or people with family issues, so they are fucked by default.

I am sure people here will not fail for the easy baits and report all the shitposting /pol/ will try to make.
>>
>>33072
Frankly, this board existing and cultivating the current amount of usership almost guarantees another board being converted into a /his/ refugee camp should it get deleted. The demand has been realized, and supply will be taken if it is not given.
>>
File: 1427336586825.png (61 KB, 805x673) Image search: [Google]
1427336586825.png
61 KB, 805x673
This place has pretty much taken everything I love about /int/ and /lit/ so yeah, this is going to become one of my main boards now.

I'm absolutely loving all the byzaboo threads here.
>>
>>33166
I could say the same for /sci/, yet it has managed to survive thousands of "inferior race gene" threads.

If you really want to keep /pol/ out of a board then that board has to establish it's own shitty identity that separates it from /pol/.
>>
>>33166
/k/ also has a fairly right wing bent, and still has a hateboner for /pol/. Though that might be because they're half jingo Americans and half Slavaboos.
>>
>>33212
This is why I said "Let any board fall that far into the shit like they did."

/r9k/ and /v/ were both already shitheaps when /pol/ came. It's just that /pol/ manage to inject its own brand of shit into these already dying boards.
>>
>>33264
Maybe unrelated to this thread, but /sci/ is a popsci board at best. I tried to make a lot of threads about the most recent discoveries and all of them have died with barely any reply. I won't come back to post there if the situation will be always the same.
>>
>>33325
/k/ is a magical place, and a shining example of what all boards should try to be.

/k/ can work with the anime, push out the /pol/, and still have many weapons related threads.
>>
>>33214
If this board fails, some of you anons can come to /lit/; we have great philosophical discussion with some pretty intelligent people.
>>
>>32441
This. 4chan is pretty much different degrees of what the Americans call libertarian.

Although
>generally support free market economies and a diminished welfare state
/r9k/ still wants their NEETbux
>>
>>33469
>we have great philosophical discussion with some pretty intelligent people.
>philosophical discussion
>pretty intelligent people
>>
>>33401
That is the downside of the identity /sci/ has adopted. Majority of the board is pseudo-engineers arguing over what constitutes as science.
>>
>>33264

>>32646

Case in point of what I said.
>>
>>32674
>/his/ is a /pol/ colony.
This should be avoided at all costs. I fucking like /pol/, but I'm also happy that it's contained. If this board devolves into edgy shitposting that'll be the end of it.
>>
>>33512
/r9k/ is /pol/'s autistic wheelchair bound adopted child. We can happily ignore that part of the family.
>>
>>33469
Think of it this way: there were always a few Naziboo dipshits on 4chan, but they didn't really find a home until /new/ (or was it /pol/ that came first? I was still in my larval channer stage in the /b/ spawning pools), and once they did, they found more idiots that agreed with them and made it a stronghold. When moot got tired of their shit and deleted the board, you had a board's worth of refugees with no place to go. Similarly, /his/ will find a surrogate board, probably on /lit/ should this board be taken in the next week or so.
>>
i like, you guys seem to do your research, the racism isnt /pol/ level and more like banter, and i can actually look at other cultures without utter faggotry
>>
>>32027
I am very hopeful. The initial threads are quite promising and the continual persecution of /pol leads me to be optimistic of this boards future. However, there needs to be a synod on our cultural structure and meme development to distinguish this board and to prevent a hostile takeover from the others.
>>
>>34818
>there needs to be a synod on our cultural structure and meme development to distinguish this board and to prevent a hostile takeover from the others.
So much this, senpai
Thread replies: 87
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.