[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw we will never have another president like Lincoln, FDR,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4
File: all_smiles.jpg (8 KB, 188x268) Image search: [Google]
all_smiles.jpg
8 KB, 188x268
>tfw we will never have another president like Lincoln, FDR, Washington, Jefferson, Theodore Roosevelt, Truman, Wilson, Jackson, or Eisenhower

>tfw you realize the last TEN presidents have not come anywhere close to any of these guys
>>
File: Ronald Reagan.jpg (3 MB, 3000x2337) Image search: [Google]
Ronald Reagan.jpg
3 MB, 3000x2337
>>316720
Heard you talkin shit like I wouldn't find out.
>>
File: 1445145505630.jpg (31 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1445145505630.jpg
31 KB, 480x480
>>316720
You sure about that?
>>
>>316758
lmao yeah i think so
>>
I didn't want to make a new thread for this, so I'm posting it here because it's tangentially related.

I think an often overlooked issue in any election is the effect of mass media on the democratic process. Especially when the largest organs are consolidated into the hands of a small circle of individuals. How much can the public opinions be molded and their perceptions shaped by a concerted media campaign? How much sway does a network executive have in an election by using his position to support a candidate congenial to his interests, or oppose an unfriendly one?

Does a concentration of media property subvert the democratic process?
>>
I'm not sure why some people think people of the past were any better than modern people.
>>
>>316797
>Does a concentration of media property subvert the democratic process?
Of course. It's happening right now.
The media is left biased and so are our places of learning and other areas that educate our youth, effectively brainwashing our future generations.
>>
>>316720
>not liking the work of Carter
>not supporting deregulation
>not supporting pacifist foreign policies which help stop the wasteful spending of the Nazi-tier levels of public spending on the military

Carter was the real father of the free-market, fuck the reagenniggers
>>
>>316758
this
>>
>>316720
>FDR was good

This fuckin' meme.
>>
>>317050
>elect an honest-to-god small government conservative who doesn't believe in any sort of interference
>economy goes prompt critical and doesn't recover
>elect one of those blue blood New England liberals that has no idea how the real world works
>economy recovers, win a massive and become the world's most powerful country
>>
File: absolutelybased.jpg (514 KB, 1536x1945) Image search: [Google]
absolutelybased.jpg
514 KB, 1536x1945
>>316720
>Hating on based Space President
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.