[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what are the main differences between sunni and shia? ibadi?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4
File: religionofpeace.gif (29 KB, 602x344) Image search: [Google]
religionofpeace.gif
29 KB, 602x344
what are the main differences between sunni and shia? ibadi?
>>
>>304763
Sunni: Caliph should not be related to Muhammed, Imams are just mosque leaders

Shia: Caliph should be a descendant of Muhammed. Shia supported Ali as caliph after Muhammed's death, but Ali and his followers were killed. Also, Shia believe Imams have considerable power.

Ibadi: All I know about Ibadi is that they apparently supported Ali as successor to Muhammed but had some disagreements with Shia
>>
Shia's think that the leaders who came after the Prophet did not have the right to rule, that his son in law, Ali, should of been the guy to inherit the Muslim caliphate after his death. He got it at the end of his life, but he was usurped pretty quick.
They also believe that the ability to be able to speak to god is passed down, and that there is always one individual on earth who is in direct communication with god.
This does not get on well with Sunnis because Mohammad said he was the last prophet
>>
>>304763
Sunni: supports radicalization and Islam supremacy

Shia: supports secularization, separation of church and state, and is willing to consider co-existence with other religions
>>
File: Ibadi beliefs.png (122 KB, 823x363) Image search: [Google]
Ibadi beliefs.png
122 KB, 823x363
>>304793
Update: Wrong about Ibadis

Pic related is their beliefs
>>304811
>upports secularization, separation of church and state
Dude Iran is headed by an Imam
>>
>>304811
Both Sunni and Shia have radicals, modernists, philosophers and moderates - It ain't tied to one or the other
>>
>>304814
Ahmahdinajad ain't no imam
>>
File: khamenei.jpg (31 KB, 543x275) Image search: [Google]
khamenei.jpg
31 KB, 543x275
>>304833
But the Supreme Leader is.
>>
>>304814
These Ibadis seem pretty cool. Are they as violent as the Sunnis and Shi'a seem to be these days? What about the strictness of their shariah?
>>
>>304875
Oman is the only Ibadi majority country
Oman is pretty fucking cool compared to literally the rest of Arabia. Like Yemen they have no Oil money but unlike yemen they decided not to be mad and civil-wary about it.
>>
File: ibadi beliefs 2.png (43 KB, 817x89) Image search: [Google]
ibadi beliefs 2.png
43 KB, 817x89
>>304875
According to Wikipedia they seem quite chill.

They are the majority in Oman today, so I guess that says something.
>>
>>304875
>>304891
>>304892
When I was in college I had to do a semester long research paper on Oman, and Ibadi is definitely the dopest sect of Islam. They are waaaaay more relaxed than other sects and are really tolerant of other religions. Oman and it's people are very cool.
>>
>>304909
Going further on this, Oman is strictly opposed to Islamism and abhors terror. They also try to keep neutrality in international issues (like a middle eastern Switzerland) and is pretty much the only Arab state with strong ties to Iran, the United States, and also a benevolent policy towards Israel.
>>
>>304919
>>304909
I don't care if you're an Omanese shill

But I think Oman is a pretty cool country now
>>
>>304927
they also had a maritime empire and where a massive pain in the ass for the Portuguese and British
>>
>>304927
Man I was Fucking pissed when I got told I'd have Oman, but I'm grateful I got to learn a lot about a pretty cool forgotten country. I encourage you to read up about it yourself.
>>
>>304793
>Ali and his followers were killed
Ali became a caliph later on, dude
>>
>>304811
>scumbag Iranian detected

Fuck off you, Ayatollah sucking cunt. Shia radicalize just as quickly as Sunni when faced with any sort of conflict. Look at Hezbollah or how Iran literally just spammed Iraqi mine fields with 10 year olds holding the Quran
>>
Does /his/ know anything about the Alevi of Anatolia?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.