[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My theory is that Native Americans are actually polynesians.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: Pacific_Culture_Areas.jpg (112 KB, 872x567) Image search: [Google]
Pacific_Culture_Areas.jpg
112 KB, 872x567
My theory is that Native Americans are actually polynesians. Inuits (who look like mongols) might actually have come from the land bridge. Native americans on the other hand (who look more like indians/polynesian) probably landed in South America and migratiled north. Seperated from the sea, the Polynesians became isolated and developed their own culture. Polynesians in general were hardcore sailers conquoring from Hawaii to The Easter Islands so a journey to south america shouldn't be a problem.
>>
Two waves senpai.
First was the Natives proper, second was the Inuit
>>
Then what explains Clovis culture, which existed before most of the Pacific islands were populated?
>>
>>304666
The presence of a peculiar breed of chickens in South America supports your point, oh great Satan.
A contact was likely, full blown population movement is not likely. For one thing south America was already populated on the pacific side well before the Polyneasians decided to leave Taiwan and embark on their journeys.
>>
Native Americans don't look like Polynesians. They don't look like modern Asians because Asians have changed since the crossing to the Americas. Basically, Native Americans, East Asians, and Ainus are all different branches of an earlier proto-Asian race.

If they were descended from Polynesians there would he a huge amount of evidence; linguistic, genetic, cultural, technological, etc. Plus it's chronologically impossible; the Caral civilization was around thousands of years before Polynesians even existed.

It's possible that Polynesians did reach South America, since they possessed potatoes, but only at a late stage and without having any lasting impact.
>>
File: Haplogroup_Q_(Y-DNA).png (32 KB, 831x426) Image search: [Google]
Haplogroup_Q_(Y-DNA).png
32 KB, 831x426
>>304666
I don't think so, Tim.
>>
>>304666
Though I doubt the researchers based their theory on "how do natives look", this is already a thing. While the theory of the north bridge traditionally had more power, nowadays is not frowned upon to defend yours or, even better, both.

Still we don't know much about the first settlings of the Americas.
>>
>>306195
it angers me so much that you can clearly see the hungarians with the modern hungarian borders, but there are tons of hungaraians in romania that should also appear on this map but don't.
>>
My belief is Europeans from West Europe crossed the seas thousands of years ago and interbred with the locals in America, the pacific islands, Australia and Japan. They were considered gods in many places and in places like the pacific islands, blonde and red hair is considered a sign of royalty today.

It seems like the only logical explanation.
>>
>>304666
The only remote proof of this theory is the oceanian/papuan DNA found in Brazil with only a couple tribes.

You'd have much higher frequencies of Papuan DNA in north America if your idea held water.

>Polynesians are Papuans they're austronesians from Taiwan

Come back here after you get past your GG&S tier understanding of Oceania.
>>
>>306260
Uh. No oceanian group worships blonde haired people, blonde hair is found in oceania and is native there.
>>
>>306261
Aren't
>>
>>304666
>my theory

Learn what "theory" means, faggot. What you have here is "hypothesis", a wrong one for that, considering known archaeological and genetic evidence.
>>
>>304666
unfortunately for your theory, there's this thing we've discovered called dna and it says you're a moron.
>>
>>306260
>blonde and red hair is considered a sign of royalty today.
Not anymore.
#openborders
>>
>>306249
>hungaraians
Hungarians aren't Huns, Hungarians are Magyars and possibly Avars. There is barely any Haplogroup Q in Hungary.
>>
File: ketshaman_zps4a3b4c9a.jpg (41 KB, 346x497) Image search: [Google]
ketshaman_zps4a3b4c9a.jpg
41 KB, 346x497
Kets, have you heard of them?

Linguists have PROVEN there is a relationship between the Ket and Native Americans especially the Dene in Canada, who are in turn related to the Navajo

It's weird, their are these tribe of ancient Eurasians similar to the Ainu with redskin and vaguely native American features that have been living in the middle of nowhere in Siberia for tens of thousands of years in isolated villages with less than a couple thousand people

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ket_people
>>
File: Picture22.jpg (103 KB, 572x428) Image search: [Google]
Picture22.jpg
103 KB, 572x428
direct ancestors
>>
>>304666
Yes i believe you
>>
>>307804
It's not proven. It has been suggested, and linguists haven't dismissed the thought. There still needs to be done more research, and maybe it will never be proven at all.
>>
>>307657
thats not the point
>>
>>304674
Three.
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/tech/science/story/2012-07-11/native-american-origins/56148248/1
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/22801491
>>
>Native Americans are actually polynesians

Pretty colonialist view you have there.

The idea that the First Nations didn't emerge from the land itself is a theory (with white imperial interests behind it) at best.
>>
>>308911
Four

>Skoglund’s discovery — which is published online on 21 July in Nature2 — was that members of two Amazonian groups, the Suruí and the Karitiana, are more closely related to Papua New Guineans and Aboriginal Australians than other Native Americans are to these Australasian groups. The team confirmed the finding with several statistical methods used to untangle genetic ancestry, as well as additional genomes from Amazonians and Papuans. “We spent a lot of time being sceptical and incredulous about the finding and trying to make it go away, but it just got stronger,” says Reich.

>Their explanation is that distant ancestors of Australasians also crossed the Bering land bridge, only to be replaced by the First Americans in most of North and South America. Other genetic evidence suggests that modern-day Australasians descend from humans who once lived more widely across Asia. “We think this is an ancestry that no longer exists in Asia, which crossed Beringia at some point, but has been overwritten by later events,” Reich says. The team calls this ghost population “Population Y”, after the word for ancestor, Ypykuéra, in the languages spoken by the Suruí and Karitiana. They contend that Population Y reached the Americas either before or around the same time as the First Americans, more than 15,000 years ago.

>They discovered traces of Australasian ancestry in contemporary Aleutian islanders living off the coast of Alaska and propose that ancient Aleutians introduced the DNA into other Native American groups after the islands were first settled. Their study is published in Science
http://www.nature.com/news/ghost-population-hints-at-long-lost-migration-to-the-americas-1.18029
>>309128
Out of America is less a Native American theory and more of a last effort of OOA and OOArabia (by way of Africa) denialists to pop out something unfounded.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.