[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Muh Dresden >Everyone ignores Leningrad Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
File: leningrad-siege[1].jpg (35 KB, 520x380) Image search: [Google]
leningrad-siege[1].jpg
35 KB, 520x380
>Muh Dresden
>Everyone ignores Leningrad

Why?
>>
>>294814
Because it wasn't firebombed and party elites didn't have any problems with food shortages.

Also evacuation system was actually fairly well done even for USSR and Road of Life helped a lot too.
>>
File: Rotterdam.jpg (1 MB, 3000x2269) Image search: [Google]
Rotterdam.jpg
1 MB, 3000x2269
>>294861
What about Rotterdam?
>>
>>294814
Because people actually fought in Leningrad and not just leveled it like Dresden
>>
>>294871
Now this one is fucked up.

People generally concentrate on Dresden because it had literally zero strategic value and was only used as a hospital. That's akin to Wilhelm Gustloff sinking, it's not even overkill, it's fucking unnecessary.
>>
>>294814
>muh leningrad

What about muh holodomor?
>>
>>294889

That was despicable crime, but not a war crime.

I'm concentrating on WWII here.
>>
>>294880
>zero strategic value
>What are marshalling yards
>What are transport hubs

Eat shit.
>>
>>294902
>eternal anglo detected
>>
>>294902
Even so, no reason to level the whole fucking city.
>>
>>294880

>People generally concentrate on Dresden because it had literally zero strategic value and was only used as a hospital. That's akin to Wilhelm Gustloff sinking, it's not even overkill, it's fucking unnecessary.

The Gustloff is undebatable, but Dresden was a major logistics and industrial centre.

The suburbs in which most of these workshops were located however were not targeted.
>>
>>294902
>implying there was even ONE single person left at that time who thought the Netherlands would survive the german invasion.

The war was over in 5 days, The germans had already 75% of the country in control.
>>
>>294907
>>294908
Allow me to present you a list of valid targets in a total war situation;

Fucking everything.
>>
>>294914

So those jews the nazis killed were acceptable targets too I guess.
>>
>>294909
I´m living in Dresden right now. That doesn´t make much sense to me.

>logistic center

Dresden is stuck in a valley and anyways, if there had been the slightest intent of fucking up logistics, the first thing they´d have bombed would have been the train station.

Instead, they targeted the huge residential area next to it. They didn´t even try to reach the station. Or the city exits. Or anything.

About the industry, I must say I´m not completely sure. Still, as far as I know here were only a beer and a car factory
>>
>>294938
Big difference, one was the surgical genocide of an ethnic and religious group. The other was the strategic bombing of a hostile city which produced goods for the war effort.

A Lancaster at 30,000ft doesn't have to stack the bodies once it done. All it can do is drop the bombs and hope they hit the target.
>>
Why can't people realise that both sides did shit during the war because it was a fuckin war

Let's put aside all the crying and move on, I'm sick of hearing about WW2
>>
>>294814
I think one reason is that the Germans clearly didn't give a fuck about the rules, while the Allies always kept up the pretense of respecting international law. This makes crimes of the Allies seem much worse in comparison, as they always have a connotation of hypocrisy

Nobody would be surprised if some thug beats someone up. But when a policeman does it, it's a whole different matter.
>>
>>294949

>Allow me to present you a list of valid targets in a total war situation;
>Fucking everything.
>>
>>294949
>Big difference, one was the surgical genocide of an ethnic and religious group
I'm not a native english speaker but I think this would fall under 'fucking everything'.
>>
>>294947
Dresden had a bunch of factories, military barracks and the train station.
None of which were targets during the air raid. So I don't know it is brought up to justify it.
The main train station was at the border area of the bombing, probably purely coincidental, since that was also the border of the city center. Minor train-stations were completely ignored.
>>
File: Manila.jpg (466 KB, 1600x959) Image search: [Google]
Manila.jpg
466 KB, 1600x959
>>294814
What about Manila?
>>
>>296477
Fucking Kaiju.
>>
>>294814

Hell, everyone ignores Hamburg, which is way more comparable, since they were both British strategic bombing operations.

IMO, Dresden is only famous because Irving through a bitchfit about it.
>>
>>294814
Daily reminder that atrocities commited by both sides do not cancel each other.

And now we shall have a dick-measuring contest about who suffered the most.
>>
>>296565
>who suffered the most.
Honestly I'd say the Chinese
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.