[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is western European history worth learning about? Other than
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (118 KB, 1200x1347) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
118 KB, 1200x1347
Is western European history worth learning about? Other than when it was conquered by Rome and after the renaissance it seems to be a long list of petty wars and squabbles between counties.
>>
All history is worth learning about, dude.
>>
>>282297
>Petty wars

>Squabbles

I think you mean some of the greatest conquests and tragedies anon. Western European History during the Middle Ages is this the shit because it reads like a Greek epic, only it was real life.

>tfw there will never be a movie about Henry II and the tragic betrayal by all those he trusted and loved.
>>
File: mongolian.jpg (57 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
mongolian.jpg
57 KB, 600x400
>>282297
No one is forcing you to learn about the history of western Europe. Study what you like.
>>
>>282297
Western Europe isn't worth learning about after the fall of West Rome. It was just full of Germans and tribals and Germans thinking they could be Romans.

Stick to learning about the Eastern Roman Empire, the TRUE Roman Empire.
>>
>>282297
Most history consists of petty wars and squabbles .
>>
>>282479
Those Germans would have became Romans but Justinian the shitty ruined it
>>
There is no part of history you shouldn't learn about. And the period you're referring to is the Middle Ages, which is a HUGE part of European history. It's definitely worth learning about and is not something you can just skip over. People need to understand everything about history to have a more complete answer as to why everything in the world is the way it is today. That's why history is important.
>>
>>282297
West is best
Suck it
>>
>>282422
>tfw henry, an old man always on the move, finds himself surrounded by a bunch of boys, knowing his time has passed
>>
>>282642
>tfw Henry, on his deathbed, hears the news that among those who have finally deserted him is his own son John, and dies soon from shock. ;_;

Henry II is one of those people I'd use a time machine simply to go back in time and hug.
>>
>>282548
Germans will never be Roman. They didn't even escape tribalism until after Napoleon.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.