[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>The EMPEROR is crowned by his HOLINESS, the pope of ROME
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6
>The EMPEROR is crowned by his HOLINESS, the pope of ROME
the holy roman empire is roman holy and imperial and there is nothing you haters can do about it
>>
Cuius regio, eius religio
>>
There was already a sitting emperor in the actual real Roman Empire at that time, so the HRE is an impostor state crowned by a heretical church.
>>
>>280533
>"roman" empire
>didn't even contain Rome
Meme empire tbqh
>>
>>280561
There is no more a meme empire in history than the HRE. It was all publicity with none of the art, science, scholarship or governance that the actual successor state of the Roman Empire maintained.
>>
>Holy
Constant fights between the emperor and the Pope
>Roman
Only in name as any nation could claim themselves to be Roman without actually being 'Roman' (Ottomans, Russia)
>Empire
A loose term but i believe it was
>>
>Holy
No empire is holy
>Roman
Mainly German not Roman, if you count Italians as Romans
>Empire
More like a very decentralized federation of states
>>
The Pope in Rome was never granted the authority to anoint a successor to Rome. Basing any claim on that is a joke and a half

The only mildly accurate term is that it was an empire, due to it being ruled by an emperor.

Germanfags need to get over themselves.
>>
>>280364
>holy
>roman
>empire
kek
>>
File: 1447195196030.jpg (78 KB, 583x589) Image search: [Google]
1447195196030.jpg
78 KB, 583x589
Someone needs to do this with Charlemagne and a typical late Roman emperor.
>>
File: Voltaire-1.jpg (114 KB, 959x639) Image search: [Google]
Voltaire-1.jpg
114 KB, 959x639
>This thread
>>
File: 1448144599121.png (176 KB, 528x447) Image search: [Google]
1448144599121.png
176 KB, 528x447
>>280719
>>
File: Gregory_VII.jpg (31 KB, 253x479) Image search: [Google]
Gregory_VII.jpg
31 KB, 253x479
It's the Guelfs and the Ghibellines! 187 on Emperor Henry!
>>
>>280719
>>280742
With a face like that Voltaire was made to write smug satire.
>>
>>280764
He had the smug anime face of the 18th century.
>>
>>280870
>sort through Google images of Voltaire to see if there are any other smug ones
>pretty much all of them are smug
I think we've found a new meme
>>
>>280364
Rome touching the kids since 753BCE. Touching the kids, touching the kids!!
>>
>>280573
>he doesn't even know about Fredrick II
SHAKING MY HEAD FAMILY
>>
>>280913
>new
it's an age old /gsg/ maymay senpai
>>
>>280574
>Ottomans
Ottomans called themselves Rome too? wew
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.