[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
USSR/CCCP
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: Map-CCCP.png (293 KB, 2200x1603) Image search: [Google]
Map-CCCP.png
293 KB, 2200x1603
What are your thoughts on how developed would be the 15 sisters (countries) if there wasn't USSR in first place?
>>
The Baltics would be better off, central Asia and the Caucasus would be worse.
>>
I'd imagine the central asian republics would be a lot less developed. The baltics would probably be better off though.
>>
>>278434
>Uyghur SSR
>Mongol SSR
>Manchu SSR
What is this map smoking?
>>
>>278434
Is this some alt-his crap?
>>
>>278442
>USSR in the Russian America timeline
>>
I do wonder why the USSR didn't just annex Mongolia.
>>
File: The-Qing-Dynasty-in-1820.png (355 KB, 910x675) Image search: [Google]
The-Qing-Dynasty-in-1820.png
355 KB, 910x675
>>278456
Buffer state with China.

Same reason why China didn't just annex Mongolia. And they had more justification to do so (i.e. Mongolia was part of Qing China.)
>>
>>278434

Depends who much effort the Third Reich/ Imperial Japan would invest in modernising them :^)
>>
>>278478
Not him, and I already knew mongolia was independent to act as a buffer. But I don't know why there's no manchurian and/or xinjiang buffer then. Leaving mongolia independent still lefts miles and miles of chinese-russian border to proctect.
>>
>>278556
>Manchurian
It was first controlled by the Fengtien Clique. Then Japs took it. China then took it back.
Well, to be exact: Soviets gave it back to China.

>Uyghurstan
Was controlled by China already. The Taklamakan Desert formed a natural boundary with Russian Empire/Soviet Union anyway. Nobody in his right mind would cross it.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.