[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was the bombing of the King David Hotel the first act of modern
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: KD_1946.jpg (131 KB, 672x667) Image search: [Google]
KD_1946.jpg
131 KB, 672x667
Was the bombing of the King David Hotel the first act of modern terrorism?
If not, where would you truncate and consider it to be?
>>
>>274833
This is an outrage. Get out of here with your anti-Semitic bullshit. Does this look like /pol/ to you? There is no place for your kind here.
>>
>>274861
Irgun were the only people with balls to stand up the eternal anglo, I'm in a way proud of this.
>>
>>274833
No, terrorism has always been around, check out these crazy Germans from WWI

> http://www.npr.org/2014/02/25/282439233/during-world-war-i-germany-unleashed-terrorist-cell-in-america
>>
>>274877
not modern, which is typically understood as post-WW2.
>>
>>274869
I understand how you feel, brother, but not here. This is a hate site. They will take something that happened a long time ago and try to weaponize it.
>>
>>274893
> Modern history can be further broken down into the early modern period, beginning with the Renaissance, and the late modern period after the French Revolution and the Industrial Revolution.

Faggot
>>
>>274905
how is the reign of terror anything resembling contemporary terrorism?
King David Hotel Bombing is an ur-example of present events and unless you can provide an event which better represents the future trends I cannot withdraw this incident.
>>
>>274932
MODS!!!

Get this hate preaching piece of shit out of here.
>>
>>274942
I want hasbara to leave.
>>
>>274947
Stop attacking me. You know this is wrong, and your /pol/ tricks won't work here. You are a preacher of hate. Ignore him guys.
>>
>>274959
the people responsible for this become heroes and statesman of the rising power of the middle east, and good for them.
>>
>>274966
What do you really want? All Jews are evil money loving scum? Is that it? You want to finish the job this time?
>>
>>274833
I don't see why earlier events, like the assassination of Archduke Ferdinand, to not be an act of modern terrorism.
>>
>>274979
I want an answer to my question. Besides this Israeli incident, is there another more seminal attack to the context of contemporary concept of terrorism.
I'm a yankee, I can empathize with wanting england to fuck off and have your own clay. Your attempt to portray a probe into the history of terrorism into some antisemitic agenda is as demented as /pol/ trying to conform everything to a semitic agenda. you have been resembling what you opposed.
>>
>>274833

And what could have been an interesting thread is instantly turned to shit.

Stormfaggotry: not even once
>>
>>275019

Thread was derailed on first reply by anti-stormfaggot screaming about 'muh 6 gorillion. Same shit, just different polarity.
>>
>>274988
How is the assassination of a Head of State an act of terrorism? How is it trying to instill terror in to a populace? The death of a HoS typically resulted in a change of HoS, not much of an effect on your average person.
>>
>>275029
Stop attacking me you anti-Semitic piece of shit.
>>
>>275040
stop playing victim you kafkatrapper
>>
>>275029

>implying it's not just a stormfag trolling with OTT bullshit
>>
>>275050
if Israelis can't even be honest and leveled about their own history, what can you expect from them?
>>
>>275047
Ad hominem. Are there any mods here at all? Is this place just supposed to moderate itself? Take out the shit ... please.

>>275029
>muh 6 gorillion

Nice. You are a /pol/ idiot. So my original hunch was correct. There is nothing funny about the death of millions of Jews, by the way. I lost family in that.

All I ask is for you to skip the bullshit and say what you really mean. Go ahead, say you wish Hitler would have gassed us all. Say it!
>>
>>275064
calling anyone who disagrees with you a bigot isn't ad hom? or even consistent with playing the victim?
>>
Would anarchist bombings qualify? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wall_Street_bombing
>>
>>275064
>I lost family in that.
Let me guess, your grandparents and their children were all holocausted.

Jewish Fairy tales.
>>
>>275081
Why are you attacking me? What did I ever do to you? Why are you glad my family died in the shoah? Why did you really make an anti-Semitic thread?
>>
>>275095
you're not evolving your tactics, this is pathetic.
Begin and Ben Gurion were literal gangsters, own it already.
>>
>>275100
I'm done. I'm not going to talk to someone as uneducated as you. Please note, everyone, that this is how hate spreads. They take an irrelevant little factoid, that is completely out of context and spin it into lies. This is pure propaganda, and I'm ashamed that it's allowed here.
>>
>>275095
>Why are you attacking me? What did I ever do to you?
Jews are the most destructive murderous people in the world, if by some sort of miracle, all Jews suddenly disappeared tomorrow, the world would probably be in a state of harmony within a year, we would probably live in peace without your murderous race trying to undermine everything.
>>
File: 1445631108662.png (190 KB, 541x398) Image search: [Google]
1445631108662.png
190 KB, 541x398
>>274877
>nation state
>act of terrorism
Nope. Espionage, Sabotage, Guerilla Warfare. These are things States do, not terrorism. State Sponsored Terrorism involves the use/manipulation/support of non-state actors. The Germans didn't do that.
>>
>think that Narodnaya Volya wasn't the first modern terrorist organization

Seriously though.

>cell based organization

Check

>assassinates political officials to affect events

Check

>infiltrates government and law enforcement

Check

>effects world history

Check

Other contenders include the Irish Republican Brotherhood and the KKK.
>>
>>275032
He wasn't Head of State, though. The serbs just wanted the Austrians to be scared to come to serbia. Which they did by killing their best ally.
>>
>>275119
At least you admit your intentions. I can accept that. I'm sorry you feel that we are evil. Maybe another good gassing would do the trick? Or maybe you're a sick twisted fuck who's too dangerous to be on the streets.

I've saged this. I'm done. Don't bother replying.
>>
>>275129
You're a retard, fuck off.
>>
>>275119
> fearing facts this
> only the evil Muslims can be terrorists
> they're my people so they must be flawless hero victims
> you
> actually you
> seriously you
> literally you
>>
File: Christianity.jpg (15 KB, 306x231) Image search: [Google]
Christianity.jpg
15 KB, 306x231
>>275149
>>
>>275153
>You're a retard, fuck off.
10/10 rebuttal.
>>
>>275252
Nothing to refute.
>>
>>275284
Well at least you're willing to admit you know nothing.
>>
>>274833
ice cube was the first terror attack
>>
The Assassination of the Archduke has to be at least the most important act of terrorism in the past hundred years. All other events stem from that moment, and you cannot define the modern age without it.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.