[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's your favourite period of history? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: Juliuscaesar.jpg (87 KB, 390x513) Image search: [Google]
Juliuscaesar.jpg
87 KB, 390x513
What's your favourite period of history? Why?
>>
Wow is that James Bond
>>
early modern europe and/or the long 19th century europe
>>
>>270886
Greece in the golden age, mother of us all.
>>
>>270886
Late Antiquity. Classical Antiquity is lame ass shit by comparison but all the entry-level plebs are obsessed with it.
>>
>>270886
Han and Ming dynasty China is my spirit animal desu senpai
>>
File: Jordan_Museum_Jerichoe_skull.jpg (79 KB, 640x825) Image search: [Google]
Jordan_Museum_Jerichoe_skull.jpg
79 KB, 640x825
Upper Mesopotamia (mostly Turkey, a bit of Iraq and Syria too) during the Pre-Pottery Neolithic.

First, this is where the agriculture first happened (probably due to the sedentary culture which appeared around the Karaca Dağ mountain, the one with remains at Göbekli Tepe, Sefer Tepe and Karahan Tepe).

What is fascinating is that it wasn't small villages becoming more and more complex, it began with such things as copper tools, temples, monumental architecture and proto-cities, only after some thousands years these people stopped living there and mostly began living in small villages which we usually think of when we say "Neolithic".

Pic realated, a plastered skull from Jericho. These fuckers were worshipped throughout whole region.
>>
>>270886
Antiquity. I find great beauty and real nature of man in times before christianity.
>>
XIX century, everything is this century was great.
>>
>>271212
*tip fedora*
>>
Fall of the roman empire.
It just makes you see how even empires that controlled 90% of the known world can fall if their leaders are lazy enough.
Plus the causes can still be applied today to the american empire.
>>
1970 to 1989 when computer is still in infancy. It's the most romantic period for a person like me who love science and technology. I always feel a special feeling when I imagine myself being 15~25 years old in 1970.
>>
>>270898
go away Australia.
>>
File: fat dan 2.png (843 KB, 587x811) Image search: [Google]
fat dan 2.png
843 KB, 587x811
>>274078
>>
>>270886
Silver Age Rome. The peak of the imperial age.
>>
File: 1420382750320.jpg (59 KB, 500x435) Image search: [Google]
1420382750320.jpg
59 KB, 500x435
>>271212
>>
The Cold War because space exploration.
>>
Sengokujidai was pretty neat

shame more people didn't have a similar relationship with Europe
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.