[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to Argentina? Before WWI their GDP was higher
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: Evita-DI.jpg (906 KB, 1330x748) Image search: [Google]
Evita-DI.jpg
906 KB, 1330x748
What happened to Argentina?

Before WWI their GDP was higher than the GDP of Germany, Italy and France

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/21596582-one-hundred-years-ago-argentina-was-future-what-went-wrong-century-decline
>>
>>18458
not white
>>
>>18458
Peronism maybe?
>>
They were flooded with Europeans that were either escaping fascism or were escaping fascists.
>>
>>18473
>Jorge Louis Borges is a beaner
>Pope Francis is a beaner

You might reconsider posting on this board
>>
>>18676
>both are fucking shit
literally not white m9
>>
>>18458
You got infected with Communism

see : Pope Francis
>>
>>18458
the failure of import substitution industrialization
>>
>>18727
Fascist, go home

>>>/pol/
>>
Girlfriend tells me it is a country full of idiots that kept the history of corrupt government systems from the Mediterranean to South America
>>
>>18825
>Fascist
>white
>>
>>18825
>I don't like your post >:(
>b-back to /pol/
>>
>>18851
tell me more
>>
Their economy was based upon the exportation of wheat to Europe, when the U.S. enacted the Marshall Plan, it prohibited European countries from buying grains from Argentina so they were fucked.
>>
File: 5[1].jpg (63 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
5[1].jpg
63 KB, 800x600
Peron
>>
>>18954
If Peron ruined Argentina, why didn't Charles de Gaulle ruined France too? Their policies were similar.

If anything, the rural elite who did coups to depose Peronist governments and impose an agrarian economy again after every attempt at industrialization are the one to blame.
>>
>>18458
I always thought that the countries that made it big between WW1 WW2 were not doing anything particularly special but were just lucky that their country wasn't involved in war or the aftermath of the war
i.e. german currency hyperinflation
>>
>>18897
You're a fucking racist, who would feel more at home on the board for racists.

:^|

Looking out for you senpai

>>>/pol/
>>
>>20557
F_A_M filtered to "senpai"

Dorky
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.