[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The United States Constitution
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1
File: united-states-constitution.jpg (116 KB, 1000x563) Image search: [Google]
united-states-constitution.jpg
116 KB, 1000x563
Apparently it's not history.
>>
>>17002
Ok, what do you want to discuss?
>>
>>17002
>muh objectively wrong bait thread is not history

Ftfy
>>
>>17015
I wanted to discuss the three-fifths compromise and copy rights, but I was warned and my thread nuked for trying to do so.
>>
>>17047
Thanks for your input, glorious censor.

Please don't delete my post.
>>
>>17065
Probably because that's more fitting for discussion at /pol/. If you want this thread to keep going, why not try to take a stab at asking or saying something like the history that led to those parts being developed, or how they've subsequently been taken, or the political philosophy underlying them or something.
>>
>>17194
I don't care about this thread's persistence, and I don't care to bend to your stupid demands.

The thread I originally posted was not against the rules and it was deleted. It was not a /pol/ thread. Fuck you for suggesting so. Fuck you for being a coward, too.
>>
>>17002
It itself is not history, as it is still in use today, and discussion of it's contents is more of a political issue.

The drafting itself and the facts surrounding it would qualify, though.
>>
Hitler was a good man.
>>
>>18043
>Hitler was a great man
ftfy
>>
>>17822
Literally a historical document
>>
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED LIBSHITS
>>
>>18083
He didn't do anything wrong. He even went to church.
>>
>>18150
He even let's make Germany great again!
>>
>>18128
Yes, however the issue lies in that it's a historical document that holds political significance today. As such, it treads a thin line that lends itself too easily to political discussion, and, by proxy, /pol/.

>>18145
Case in point
>>
Would it be appropriate to discuss what the British did to make the founding fathers think the 4th Amendment was a good idea, and the founding father's thoughts on the 4th amendment? Who supported it, who opposed it, etc.?
>>
>>18228

> it's a historical document that holds political significance today

It could be argued that a lot of documents, even older, fall under this guide line.

That sounds like a good way to stifle discourse.
>>
>>18348

Apparently not, since any political document will be too frightening and cause too much trouble.
>>
>>17002
not quite yet but it will be soon.
>>
>>18043
and he was a good friend.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.