[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who were the good guys and who were the bad guys?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: slide_15.jpg (89 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
slide_15.jpg
89 KB, 960x720
Who were the good guys and who were the bad guys?
>>
Short term optimates though Caesar ended up paving the way for Imperium so he ended up being the good guy.
>>
Populares if they weren't power hungry 90% of the time.

Optimates trampled all over the plebs in regards to land rights all the time for their own gain.
>>
>>1427798

Populares.

Tiberius Gracchus did nothing wrong.
>>
File: image.jpg (382 KB, 750x530) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
382 KB, 750x530
>>1427798
> he hasn't transcended good/bad dichotomy!
> laughinggirls.jpg
>>
>>1427823
>he doesn't have an opinion on Roman politics
>>
>>1427798
Any government that doesn't keep its plebs in line is basically worthless.

Death to populist scum.
>>
>>1427798
>Patricians (people who had a stake in the financial and political succes of the Republic)
To what degree is that even true? Entrenched elites can, and often do, make suboptimal choices for the state that are optimal for themselves as individuals or their direct associates and family.

In the end it's a matter of corruption. Populists and democrats ideally embody the volonté générale but it easily devolves into the volonté de tous, while optimates and aristocrats ideally look out for the benefit of the state but instead often look out for number one first and foremost.

If your question is who the "bad guys" were, the question isn't comparing ideology A to ideology B: both are solid. The answer is which one of the two is less corrupt. That means going into the personal details of these two men and how they ruled.

Personally in broad strokes I consider myself Republican, but I'd gladly follow a man like Napoleon or St. Louis as my monarch.
>>
>>1427818
He ruined fucking everything m8
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.