[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How did they do it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
How did they do it?
>>
>>1426364
they where absolute madmen
>>
File: one_nation_under_God.jpg (366 KB, 800x540) Image search: [Google]
one_nation_under_God.jpg
366 KB, 800x540
>>1426364
>implying they're the ones who did it
>>
The French and the Prime Minister.
>>
Enemy of my enemy

and

shit takes like weeks to across the ocean

and

propaganda
>>
>>1426364
Britain had a tiny army (the entire empire had fewer soldiers than the continental army) and had supply lines stretching across the atlantic during the age of sail, while having that ocean contested by an almost equally powerful naval power.

Britain never had a chance in an actual war
>>
They had been running their own state governments for years, the only thing radically different was the federalization which can be attributed to the unifying feelings from the war, economic necessity, and great minds
>>
Does anyone get tired of the anachronistic "we beat the world's most powerful empire" masturbation when Britain didn't come into its own as the dominant world power until the 1800s?
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.