[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Realpolitik
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: bismarck.jpg (566 KB, 800x1101) Image search: [Google]
bismarck.jpg
566 KB, 800x1101
Why didn't Realpolitik catch on and are we still dealing with this bullshit called 'ideology'? For fucks sake people, wake up, ideology is a fucking SPOOK.

The whole concept of ideology is fucking retarded.

>Hurr durr, instead of forming my own opinion I am gonna choose one of these preset bundle of opinions, hurr durr
>>
>>1420768
It did catch on. Realpolitik has been American foreign policy since 1776. Just because Bismarck named it doesn't mean he started it, you flaming faggot.
>>
>>1420800
I didn't even use the name 'Bismarck' in this entire thread, how can you accuse me for claiming he started it?
>>
>>1420804
>starts a thread about realpolitik with fucking Bismarck in the OP
Just kys and move on.
>>
>>1420810
It's just a picture, I could have used a picture of your mom's cum stained vagina, it wouldn't make a difference.
>>
>>1420816
>being this mad because you got shit on in the first post
kys
>>
>>1420824
I didn't get shit on the first post at all, you didn't even answer my question.

Ideology is still a big thing and you can't deny that.

But anyway brb I am fucking your whore mother in the asshole she is enjoying it a lot.
>>
kek dont throw a fit because you asked a stupid question
>>
>>1420838
How exactly is it a stupid question man, I fail to see how it is.
>>
>Germaboos getting btfo
well done /his/
>>
>>1420768
>implying Bismarck's domestic policy was anywhere near Realpolitik
>>
>>1420862
STOP TALKING ABOUT THE FUCKING PICTURE AND ANSWER MY FUCKING QUESTION
>>
>>1420768
Because people develop beliefs on topics long before they stop and think about why they have developed said beliefs.

By the time we have enough information to consider multiple viewpoints we're usually burdened with entrenched emotional and irrational reasons to stick with our perceived side.

This cycle then repeats for each new generation.
>>
>>1420839
How exactly did realpolitik not "catch on?" Not catch on with who? And where? What country are you talking about, and what period of time? Your question is vague enough to be basically meaningless. And besides, the world political order is undoubtedly shaped more by economies than ideologies today.
>>
>>1420768
What do you mean by "catch on?" Realpolitik has been around since forever.

Realpolitik is what made France and the Ottomans ally with each other in the 1500s despite being religious rivals.
Realpolitik is how China functions in a free market despite being """"""""""""communist"""""""""".
>>
>>1420899
But the countries are still bound by ideology, yes they will act outside of their ideology from time to time, but that ideology shouldn't be there in the first place

It's a spook to have a defining ideology for a country, because the world is always changing and so are the people.
>>
>>1420768
Most great nations act in accordance with realpolitik over 'ideology'.

Ideology is just what they use to dazzle the idiots so they don't understand the dirty sausage-making of realpolitik
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.