[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the name of an ideology that argues the ideal society
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 179961.b.jpg (172 KB, 429x315) Image search: [Google]
179961.b.jpg
172 KB, 429x315
What's the name of an ideology that argues the ideal society is one where the authority of government belongs to every paterfamilias, and that culture should go back to being largely based on kin and kith?

I came to this conclusion independently when I realized every problem in the world can ultimately be attributed to the decay of the family. What other thinks have contributed to this sort of line of thought?
>>
>>1418374
Confucianism
>>
>>1418374
Patriarchy
>>
>>1418374
Catholicism.
>>
>>1418374
Bro Science
>>
>>1418803
I don't know much about Confucianism, but my impression that Chinese Confucians believed very strongly in the centralized bureaucratic state, which is the antithesis of family-based government. Maybe Confucianism as implemented in feudal Japan would fit better.

>>1418807
Sure, but I've never seen anyone positively argue for this as a systemic ideology. It seems more like an ideology defined by feminists and other degenerates working for the disintegration of the family as something to argue against. I suppose that since patriarchy is essentially the natural order of the world nobody has ever really taken it up as an ideological mantle. In a way, ideology as something which has to be propagandized and taught is contrary to the instinctive and natural worldview of the family.

>>1418851
I would actually argue that Catholicism with its priestly and monastic classes and intellectuals who argued strongly that only the legitimate centralized state has authority to use force or arbitrate disputes has led to the downfall of the clan based society. This is why in newly Christian Europe you see a patriarchal, decentralized society, which soon becomes feudal, and eventually almost all government power is concentrated in the hands of the top feudal ruler (the monarch), and eventually the newly absolute monarch is deposed by democrats and communists who grew use to his state replacing the functions of family in society and took it to its logical conclusion.

Catholicism is especially bad at this because the papacy provides a model for government in which one man holds immediate jurisdiction over everyone. Ironically, the pope is the ultimate anti-father in the world, working tirelessly to elevate the impersonal state's temporal authority and the impersonal's church's spiritual authority over the authority of the local father who traditionally held these powers. See: Pope Adrian IV who justified the Norman conquest of Ireland since their clan based society lacked laws
>>
>>1418374
Confucianism or Catholicism, basically.

Confucius is big on filial piety.
>>
>>1420091
>I don't know much about Confucianism, but my impression that Chinese Confucians believed very strongly in the centralized bureaucratic state, which is the antithesis of family-based government.
You're confusing it with Legalism, or Legalism in Confucian guise.

>Maybe Confucianism as implemented in feudal Japan would fit better
Confucianism as implemented in Japanese ultranationalism is in fact much closer to what you imagine.

>I realized every problem in the world can ultimately be attributed to the decay of the family
Did that come before or after you realized that the nuclear family is the terminal stage of the decomposition of the familial institution?
>>
File: stages of redpill.png (2 MB, 1544x4000) Image search: [Google]
stages of redpill.png
2 MB, 1544x4000
>>1422383
>Did that come before or after you realized that the nuclear family is the terminal stage of the decomposition of the familial institution?

I can't remember, probably happened around the same time. I've always been some generic sort of conservative so family values has never been separate from political philosophy for me, but now I realize that the 50s 2 kids white picket fence actually is a highly atomized and individualistic society contrary to tradition and nature.
>>
>>1422383
>Did that come before or after you realized that the nuclear family is the terminal stage of the decomposition of the familial institution?
No, the nuclear family was always pretty normal. See Genesis 2:24

It kind of makes sense. I mean, if you incorporated every cousin and uncle and aunt under one roof, it wouldn't take long before they'd cease to fit.
>>
>>1423390
But in the Bible you still see the clan (including servants and hired laborers) largely functioning as one social, political and economic unit under a patriarch. I know historically in many places the extended family lived together in a complex even if it wasn't just one household or roof. It might be a village or a group of tents for nomads.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.