[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is life without love essentially deficient? I was in a relationship
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: Constantinople.png (692 KB, 735x735) Image search: [Google]
Constantinople.png
692 KB, 735x735
Is life without love essentially deficient?

I was in a relationship in the past and had sex on several occasions but for the last 5 years of solitude it didn't bother me to be alone. I just honestly consider a relationship to be a huge hassle with diminishing benefits.

Is it okay to live like this? I ask because some top philosophers say that love is important.
>>
>>1416333
Love is only important to those that consider it important to them. There are many other reasons to live
>for your family
>for your country
And if you lurk /pol/
>for your race
>for western civilisation
Decide for yourself what the purpose of your life should be.
If you don't feel the need to fall in love, there's nothing inherently wrong with that
>>
File: Four-2BLoves-2B-2BVen-2BDiagram.jpg (67 KB, 792x1024) Image search: [Google]
Four-2BLoves-2B-2BVen-2BDiagram.jpg
67 KB, 792x1024
>>1416333
>romantic love is the only form of love, and inseparable from sexual attraction
>I am incapable of expressing nuanced and sophisticated emotional gradients by a limited Germanic language

o i am laffin
>>
>>1416504
If you want to be specific I do not care for any of the 4 types.
>>
>>1416514
are you depressed or malnourished, my dude
not having normal human mental expressions is typically a symptom of disease, in some capacity, but if you've had a physician checking your charts and getting your vitamins shots without any results or reverberating negative consequences it should be perfectly okay
the whole point of a disorder, or a deficiency, is that it stops you from doing what you want to do and diminishes your quality of life
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.