[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who was the best secretary of defense? >Alternative title:
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2
Who was the best secretary of defense?

>Alternative title: Robert McNamara was the best secretary of defense. Prove me wrong. Pro-tip: you cannot.
>>
Tim Howard
>>
The Fog of War was a pretty good documentary.
>>
>>1414694
More like great. It's required Vietnam War viewing.

>>1414671
Stimson. McNamara's an egghead, he was lucky never to be involved in a hot war.
>>
File: image.jpg (26 KB, 220x292) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26 KB, 220x292
>>1414671
"Pro tip" is one of the most childish statements on this board. It usually means that OP is unwilling to contribute OC to back up their statement.

i.e. unsubstantiated bait

Read the book:
"Dereliction of Duty: Lyndon Johnson, Robert McNamara, The Joint Chiefs of Staff, and the Lies that Led to Vietnam" (1997) by then Major H. R. McMaster, USA as part of his doctoral dissertation.

Americans needlessly died because of McNamara.

>pic LtGen McMaster (as a MajGen)
>>
>>1414671
Didn't McNamara admit that he was wrong about pretty much everything? If I recall, he wrote several books about it because he felt so guilty.
>>
>>1415010
Yeah, I saw a doc in high school where he talked about how much his perspective on the war changed over its course.
>>
>>1414671
Realizing and admitting your mistakes doesn't make them go away. McNamara was profoundly out of his element in Vietnam.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.