[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Costa Rica
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: Flag_of_Costa_Rica.svg.png (3 KB, 1000x600) Image search: [Google]
Flag_of_Costa_Rica.svg.png
3 KB, 1000x600
Compared to their murder capital neighbours, Costa Rica is a fucking progressive paradise. How did they do it /his/?
>>
Investment by amish treehuggers who pioneered in ecoturism.
>>
If I remember right, they abolished the army after a civil war. Just by doing that, they made a difference in the region.
>>
>>1413523
Whitest country in the region.
>>
why post thailand tho
>>
>>1413529
no army = no dictator
fucking brilliant, why couldn´t the other banana countries do the same?
>>
>>1413529
>44 Days
>2000 people died
It's in their nature
>>
>>1413557
Didn't want to be cucked by America and to stake their own fates.
>>
>>1413566
To be fair getting taken over by their own armies is the #1 cause of Latin American countries getting cucked by America.
>>
>>1413576
Costa Rica just skipped a step because they're extra pathetic I guess
>>
>>1413566
They have defense and security deals with the US though, otherwise they would not exist. I´ve heard Nicaragua is quite hostile.
>>
>>1413584
>They have defense and security deals with the US though
That's what I said, cucked by America.
>>
Costarican fag here, u can ask me anything
>>
>>1413584
Dictator of Nicaragua Daniel Ortega wash nicaraguan brains with propaganda against CR, a few months ago they bought some tanks, i gotta say we are pretty scared lol
>>
Can't you guys just go to /int/?
>>
File: 1465353648254.png (21 KB, 335x244) Image search: [Google]
1465353648254.png
21 KB, 335x244
>>1413566
>>1413580
>country is the best country in the region, with more political freedom than any of the others
>KEK KEK KEK
>>
>>1413523
They made Roman Catholicism the state religion, and God blessed them
>>
>>1413523
Nationalism and xenophobia. The competent leadership also helped.
>>
>>1413560
2000 dead is a meme
If you ask old people about the battles they will tell you the exact name of those who died
If you add those names up, they repeat themselves and in the end you have a much much lower figure
Also if so many people died, where are the mass graves?
i sure as hell haven't seen any
>>
File: maxresdefault (2).jpg (76 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (2).jpg
76 KB, 1280x720
>>1413523
they had help
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.