[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I was just reading that the vast majority of the camps were liberated
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 60051-Sans-titre20160111204220.jpg (42 KB, 489x486) Image search: [Google]
60051-Sans-titre20160111204220.jpg
42 KB, 489x486
I was just reading that the vast majority of the camps were liberated by the soviets, who then promptly razed most of them. Then due to the cold war western researchers were prevented from accessing them.

Isn't that a little unsettling?
>>
>>1413333
I assume that you are talking about the holocaust? How is this unsettling? Why would the Soviets leave them?
>>
>>1413346

Why would they destroy historically important sites? Why wouldn't they allow a few token western historians/anthropologists in to study?
>>
>>1413363
The entire continent of Europe was pretty much a "historically important site" at the point.
>Why wouldn't they allow a few token western historians/anthropologists in to study?
Why would they? It was during the cold war. What advantage would they get from this?
>>
>>1413333

They were breeding grounds for disease.

Bergen-Belsen was burnt to the ground by flamethrower teams within days of being liberated to keep the Typhus epidemic from spreading.

A fitting end to such a terrible place.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-6mom4WrF8
>>
File: main.png (13 KB, 240x240) Image search: [Google]
main.png
13 KB, 240x240
>>1413333
Don't worry anon they exchanged them for gulags.
>>
>>1413333
>it's another Holocaust denial episode
The Russians were so kind to write down what they saw Nazi faggots and we have plenty of survivors to tell their stories.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.