[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why people believe in thousand years old prophet word, but when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1
File: aXm2505xjU.jpg (100 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
aXm2505xjU.jpg
100 KB, 650x650
Why people believe in thousand years old prophet word, but when modern guy tells everyone that he is prophet of God, they say that he is crazy one?! Isn't that hypocritical at best and insane at worst?
>>
Playing hypotheticals with religion and spirituality is just a waste of time.
>>
One has stood the test of time, at least.

Also, if I were religious, I wouldn't trust that modern religious scholars were competent to determine whether a self-proclaimed prophet was the real deal or not. Theological training these days is a joke. Evangelical Protestants are having a big fight right now over the Trinity. The fucking TRINITY.
>>
There was a guy claiming to be the reincarnation of Jesus in Australia. A news anchor simply asked him to speak Aramaic, and he couldn't.
>>
have you actually read the bible? jesus didn't just show up and say he was a prophet.
>>
>>1400776

>reincarnation of Jesus

lol you know he's alive, right?
>>
>>1400725
The events surrounding Jesus' birth are supposedly mystical and he allegedly performed miracles.

Muhammad also allegedly performed miracles, and he made sure nobody comes after him by saying he is the last prophet of god.
>>
Speaking from a Christian viewpoint, there will be no more prophecies, it's all done.

Also many prophets in ye olde days were considered madmen too, John the Baptist or Ezechiel to name a few.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.