[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did Stalin care about his Georgian roots?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
Did Stalin care about his Georgian roots?
>>
I didnt know Stalin was from America
>>
>>1400347
Yeah, he chewed tobacco and kept black slaves at his homestead
>>
>>1400347
He liked to pretend he didn't (Stalinism was all about Moscow-led Moscow-centred world commie domination) but he did. He liked his Georgian foods, and he showed some prefernce to Georgians. He was also an extremely paranoid person though, so he wouldn't hesitate to kill anyone gaining too much influence outside his control...
>>
He didn't even care about this son
>>
>>1400347

He extended the borders of Georgia, and kept his love of Georgian music and poetry all his life. But he was a psychopath, the only thing he really cared about was himself.
>>
>>1400347
Other than keeping some Georgian buddies around, not really. He had major respect for Slavic culture and tried to create a greater Soviet identity based on Russian traditions.
>>
>>1402699
Stalin's refusal to save his son actually came out of patriotism and compassion rather than any poor feeling toward Yaakov.

His logic was that, "Millions of fathers are missing millions of sons. How would they feel if I got to see my boy but they didn't?"

Stalin was also hugely committed to keeping up appearances. Stalin, as seen by both the masses and the governing elite, was a fiercely egalitarian ascetic who would never let personal bias or sentimentalism compromise his ideals.

And if Stalin was no longer Stalin, what would this mean for the entire Soviet system?
>>
>>1400347
Commies don't believe in nations.
>>
>>1400347
In a sense, his handling of the nationalities crisis would suggest he didn't, but there were certain elements throughout his life which stemmed from his Georgian heritage. He didn't really care for vodka, and much preferred Georgian orange wine, apparently.
>>
>>1400347

Nationalities are a political construct made to divide us, comrade.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.