[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is Hades the most misunderstood god in history? He is always
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2
File: hades.jpg (514 KB, 631x896) Image search: [Google]
hades.jpg
514 KB, 631x896
Is Hades the most misunderstood god in history? He is always demonized but he just does his job it's not like he sends every single soul to Tartarus or that the guys who are in Tartarus are innocent to begin with and as for Cerberus (at least in the version I've read) he is actually nice to the guys who enter Hades he just goes pitbull mode if someone tries to escape.

Also why is Grim Reaper demonized as well? He is another figure that does nothing wrong yet everyone treats him like shit.
>>
>>1400047
What makes you think he is demonized? Also nice zeros man.
>>
>>>/x/

And the Grim Reaper figure only got invented during the Black Death when people thought they were seeing a skellington with a scythe behind the town just before the plague struck.
>>
File: hades.jpg (177 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
hades.jpg
177 KB, 1920x1080
>>1400055
Every time I see Hades in a movie or game or any media he is shown as evil and looks like this
>>
>>1400069
There's your problem. I have not been exposed to many games and movies.

It is entertainment, they corrupt stuff to make it cool.
>>
Maybe it is also a kind of cryptic Christian thought i.e. a clear divide between good and evil. At least, I always had the idea that in Greek mythology there was a less clear divide between good and evil.
>>
>>1400047
To be fair, he was kind of demonised by the Greeks to. When offering sacrifice to Hades, they had to look away from the pyre and not eat from the meat themselves. It was considered a bad omen to feast with Hades (sacrifice = inviting a god for a feast). He was the god of the dead, the living had no favor to gain from him, they thought that worshipping him would lead to them dying earlier.
>>
>>1400069
DESU everything in that series looks like that.
>>
>>1400069
Because the underworld is a weird and scary place man they are just fitting the image with him like that.
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.