[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are general history classes more concerned with specific
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
Why are general history classes more concerned with specific politicians and movements rather than technological and scientific advancement which is far more important?
>>
>>1397191
>technological and scientific advancement which is far more important?
to what?
>>
>>1397228
To showing the average day to day life of the people who lived during those times and how the world has changed to become what it is today.

If I want to know what the average day for a farmer was, what he used to farm and farming techniques are more important than who was in office.
>>
>>1397191
Because, depending on the specific class, the curriculum is either set by the state which has a vested interest in its political history, a committee of politicians and interest groups which have specific cultural and policy views in mind, or an education department looking to standardize the subject and have students learn to pass their tests first and foremost, which usually focus on memorizing important names and dates.
>>
>>1397191
That really depends on your instructor OP.
>>
>>1397191
Because that would be boring as fuck. Try explaining a kid how the invention of the refrigeration technology is more important than the independence war.
>>
>>1397191
Im not sure where you studied history, but technological advancements are hardly ignored - the evolution of medicine is one of the most common high school tier history courses.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.