[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If God existed FOREVER before he created humans, what was he
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: DSCF1853.jpg (460 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1853.jpg
460 KB, 1280x960
If God existed FOREVER before he created humans, what was he doing, and why did he decide to create them? And did he create angels and other beings before humans?
>>
He done everything, he is all-powerful after all. No way that there exist something that he wasn't dome.
>>
File: comffy.jpg (16 KB, 500x302) Image search: [Google]
comffy.jpg
16 KB, 500x302
>>1388938
Ah yes, we us humans anthropomorphizing the universe. We are a fascinating species; so needy.
>>
>>1388938
>what was he doing
Not existing
>>
>>1388938
He's not real
>>
>>1388938
Time doesn't exist for God, all moments happen at the same point.
>>
If God is not a temporal being, then why do we need to imagine that he was doing anything? He may have, or he may not have. It isn't necessary as a non-temporal being need not DO anything, as action requires time.
>>
>>1389138
How do you know this?
>>
>>1389153
4000 years of various philosophies on the matter points to that exact conclusion.
>>
>>1388938

The better question is, if God is perfect, what need was he fulfilling when he created the Universe in the first place?
>>
>>1388938
Back in the day when I was still a teenager, I thought it was this way:

>be God
>literally perfect
>everything you touch becomes perfect
>this is like cheating in a video game
>it gets boring
>try a challenge
>create something imperfect
>humans
>tell them to not do something (eat from that tree)
>obedient subjects would not do it
>rebellious subjects would
>but your intention was for them to be rebellious
>so, you want them to actually decide in their own and obey
>they don't
>get angry for the next thousand years
>because you don't know whether you failed and created eternal teenagers (fuck you, Dad)
>or they actually decided on their own, but are just plain stupid in their decision making
>>
>>1388938
God was born on the 18 of September in 53A.D. His name is Marcus Ulpius Traianus
>>
Read some Augustine, especially Conf 11.

"See, I answer him that asketh, "What did God before He made heaven
and earth?" I answer not as one is said to have done merrily (eluding
the pressure of the question), "He was preparing hell (saith he) for
pryers into mysteries."

http://faculty.georgetown.edu/jod/augustine/Pusey/book11
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.