[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did certain German generals steal all the glory?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: AlfredJodl.jpg (67 KB, 544x800) Image search: [Google]
AlfredJodl.jpg
67 KB, 544x800
What if generals like Manstein and Rommel were given more credit simply because of their strong opposition with Hitler?

What if the invasion of France was not actually created by Manstein?

What if Hitler's closest generals such as Keitel and Jodl actually contributed a lot more than we were told?

What if OKW had internal issues because of the more popular generals? Maybe because of their Prussian military tradition, they were just too stubborn get over Hitler's low military rank and could never respect good ideas, causing them to undermine him at every opportunity.
>>
>>1383812
Your premise is wrong.
Rommel was Hitler's boy toy.
>>
>>1383898
He was a favorite when he was assigned and then pushing in Africa, but Rommel fell out of favor after his retreat and he was reassigned to the backseat as the war went on. In no way was he Hitler's boy toy.
>>
>>1383975
>backseat
Is that how people say field marshal nowadays?
>>
>>1383991
Lot's of high ranks were put on the backseat as the war went on. What's your point? Hermann Göring was the highest ranking official in the Wehrmacht as Reichsmarschall. Doesn't mean he was at the front of the war room.
>>
>>1384049
You really have no idea what actually happened, do you?
>>
>>1384080
Sounds like you are the one who is clueless, you cuck. Rommel was irrelevant post-africa. He was a good division leader, nothing more.
>>
>>1384086
You can Google for five minutes and find out for yourself how wrong you are. Why the fuck are you not doing that and moving goalposts or something instead of making a complete ass of yourself?
>>
>>1384120
>google in 5min
some good research you have done there. wew lad. Go read a book.
>>
>>1384124
Tell me the name of a book that says Rommel took a backseat after Africa. Let's see that research of yours.
>>
>>1384144
I've read a couple on Rommel specifically, not to mention books on other generals.

You do know that nearly everything Rommel did in Africa was against high commands orders? He was ordered to not push further. He was also ordered to hold Tunisia. Both he failed at. Then in Italy in 1943 he was put on the back seat to Kesselring. In 1944 in France, Rommel was a favorite either. That would be Rundstedt. Then Rommel was a traitor and a conspirator and forced to commit suicide. Rommel never was given opportunity to do much after Africa. With good reason.
>>
>>1384202
You can't even remember the names of books you supposedly read?
>>
>>1384219
You clearly don't know anything.
>>
>>1384202
>Rommel never was given opportunity to do much after Africa. With good reason.
He was given command of army groups and made field marshal. You seem to think that doesn't qualify as 'much', yet being a lieutenant general leading a corp apparently does. I guess you did take my advice and decided it was time to start moving goalposts.
>>
>>1384202
He asked you to name the books you silly cunt. Please do, I am interested as well.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.