[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why does /his/ hate the Byzantine Empire so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (406 KB, 1920x1216) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
406 KB, 1920x1216
Why does /his/ hate the Byzantine Empire so much?
>>
>>1381693

Fucking wannabe Greeks.

Literally "We Wuz Romans" for the Greeks
>>
WE WUZ ROMANZ N SHIT

JESUS DINDU NUFFIN HE A GOOD JEW
>>
>>1382623
>conflating the medieval states with modern nation states

>>1381693
Personally the Byzantine Empire is my favorite iteration of thr Romans OP.
>>
>>1382623
nothing wrong
after all romans copied a lot from the greeks too
also better legitimacy than the
>
>
>
>>
File: world-topographic-map-detail01.jpg (140 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
world-topographic-map-detail01.jpg
140 KB, 600x600
>>1381693
slaveast
>>
>>1381693
Because /his/ is full of filthy t*rks
>>
>>1382626

Nah, the modern nation state of Greece isn't Roman and neither is the medievel state of the Byzantine empire.

Maybe culturally but ethnically they're just Greeks.

But I take the Byzantines over the turks any day tho
>>
Because the Mediterranean belongs to Venice.

Enrico Dandolo did nothing wrong.
>>
>>1382635
Roman is an ethnicity when you think about it limitedly, but for the most part being Roman was like being American: it meant different things to different people and was really just a nationality.
>>
>>1382646
Like if the USA was invaded and lost the Eastern Seaboard, do really think Californians would stop thinking of themselves as Americans?

That's how the Byzantines were.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.