[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Greeks and Romans were very self contained about their sexuality.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (148 KB, 572x827) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
148 KB, 572x827
The Greeks and Romans were very self contained about their sexuality.
>>
Eh, he might be right depending on the time and place.

Homeric Greeks and Late Romans were very chaste
>>
wilhelm reich
>>
Some of them were.

Rome at its best was ruled by an elite that followed Stoicism. Greek philosophers in general were not very hedonistic.

But he is wrong about the Barbarians. Some of them were actually praised by contemporary Roman writers for their chastity.
>>
>>1380300

>amongst "Barbarians".

The Germans were well known for their prudishness, much of our modern day ideas of modesty came from their culture and not the romans.

In short ead Tacitus's Germania.

>Effeminate Easterners

Now WHO exactly you're talking about? Easterner is a broad term, but i'm pretty sure none of them were any more boy loving than the greeks.

Alt right fails again.
>>
>>1380300
lol

This faggot got so BTFO he ran here
>>
File: 1457880884732.jpg (26 KB, 353x352) Image search: [Google]
1457880884732.jpg
26 KB, 353x352
>Greeks and Romans were the same meme
stop this
>>
>romans train gorillas and lions to fuck women for the coliseum
>"ROMANS WERE PRUDES AND THEIR CULTURE WAS SO MUCH GREATER THAN OURS!" -xXxBoHeMiAnKiNgSePhErOtH1488xXx
>>
>>1380300
>Homeric Greeks
Have you read literally anything from that period?
Has anyone ITT read ANY Greek mythology?
>>
>>1380342
You have my interest, go on...
>>
File: THIS CANT BE REAL.png (590 KB, 705x528) Image search: [Google]
THIS CANT BE REAL.png
590 KB, 705x528
>>1380563
Invent time machine NOW
>>
Sexuality was not considered a problem; over-indulgence was considered a problem. You could openly and fragrantly fuck bitches in ancient Greece as long as you didn't go overboard and fuck too many bitches. Self control was a virtue but not in the same sense as being "self contained" or "chaste."

No idea what it has to do with anything in the post in op though
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.