[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nyS OKjkENOQ I know we jest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5
File: 1467734781700.jpg (55 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1467734781700.jpg
55 KB, 500x500
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nySOKjkENOQ

I know we jest about 'we wuz kangz', but I'm getting a twitch every time I see/read something like this video.
>>
I saw some retard claim that English is descended from Hebrew once.
>>
File: HenryThe8th.png (152 KB, 299x390) Image search: [Google]
HenryThe8th.png
152 KB, 299x390
>>1379296
KING HENRY MUHFUCKA
>>
>>1379296
is this going on in an actual school? how fucked up is the usa?
>>
>>1379296
Not sure if the comments to the video are satire or serious...
>>
how widespread is this idiocy in the state anyways among niggers? I'm pretty sure the black egyptian thing is very common, I heard it repeated even in mainstream sources, as well as black Carthaginians. but do a lot of them really believe that Europe had black kingz and shit in the middle ages? is this something that's tought in some schools?
>>
>>1379429
*in the states
>>
>>1379370
Seems like it is in a community college. Imagine being a white teacher there, and letting it happen because they know they'll get planted right in the middle of this shit as a racist bigot....
>>
>>1379429
Honestly it seems like most people here in the states, if they were pressed on the issue, would say that Egyptians were black because they were in Africa. I have no hard data but I have little faith in my countrymen.

People aren't normally super zealous about the idea, there are retards on facebook but it's mostly limited to that, mostly.

When it comes to academia Afrocentrism has been thoroughly discredited but no one is too loud about that fact. Mostly because it's not really a debate at this point but I also think that they don't want to step on toes by addressing these very common misconceptions (Moors/Cleopatra/etc looked like West Africans).
>>
>>1379429

Pretty widespread. Even worse among semi educated college negros
>>
Imagine if apes had rational thoughts and language and physical apparatuses with which to express vocally and in writing the content of these thoughts...
>>
>>1379635
Are there any stats on this? Is it just a vocal minority?
>>
>>1379429
It's a meme. I have never seen it beyond the internet, and outside of 4chan i have only seen it a couple times in the most batshit sjw tumblrs.

I know this is a meme in of itself, but this has /pol/ written all over it.

Keep in mind the "we wu kangz" meme only ever seems to appear on /his/ to destroy discussion on Africa while at the same time promoting the idea that blacks are total dipshits. Its a win-win for the stormfags who spam it all over the god damned place.
>>
File: cleopatra.jpg (26 KB, 319x400) Image search: [Google]
cleopatra.jpg
26 KB, 319x400
>>1379774
The stuff about Shakespeare, Mozart, and Charlemagne being black is memery from really fringe websites, yeah.

Egyptians? That's downright "common knowledge".
>>
>>1379296
Is this what they're talking about when you hear about 5%ers or Five Perfect Nation? A black woman (so she's at least a business college grad) where I work said she didn't agree with some of the things they say, but that they "raise a lot of good questions"; if this is what that's about, it's kind of concerning.
>>
>>1379795
>*Five Percent Nation
>>
Actually Nubian did conquer Egypt and held for 200 years so there is that then there are the moors who conquered Spain which is Europeans country so there is also that so to say these people never did anything is an outright lie
>>
>>1379896
>moors
>Moor A member of a northwestern African Muslim people of mixed Berber and Arab descent.
>>
File: n.jpg (12 KB, 367x283) Image search: [Google]
n.jpg
12 KB, 367x283
>>1379896
>Moors: Muslim inhabitants of the Maghreb
>west Africans

>Nubians: East African coast down the Nile
>west Africans

comeonnow.jpg
>>
>>1379931
>>1379939
>niggers
>knowing the least thing about geography and history (or anything for that matter)
>>
>>1379948
>making the effort to learn geography and history

don't you know it's the current year? I don't need sources you bigot baka
>>
>>1379948
The black moor meme needs to die but the 25th dynasty of pharaohs was probably black. Whether they were West African or not is not necessarily important when you have a pan-African identity. Then again there were pharaohs from just about everywhere, including Europe.
>>
>>1379959
West African Cleopatra is probably the one that bothers me the most, because I was personally involved in a dispute with what can only be described as an uppity negress on twitter one time, it was futile and stupid.
>>
File: WE.jpg (79 KB, 386x583) Image search: [Google]
WE.jpg
79 KB, 386x583
>>1379966
Yeah calling a woman from a Greek family that even thought Egyptians we subhuman a Sub-Saharan African is one of the worst. At least the moors are sometimes depicted as black, Cleopatra couldn't look less black.
>>
>>1379931
>>1379939
>>1379948 thank you for the (you) 's anon's but this did not get enough replies so I will mark this as poor bait
>>
>>1380089
Don't feel down about it mate at least you did it for a worthwhile cause.
>>
>>1380089
My advice would be to include some shit about black people being the god race, insinuating that you are a weird afrocentrist yourself rather than naively uninformed. You're at risk of overplaying your hand but this is 4chan and no bait is too obvious.
>>
>>1380001
Source on Cleopatra regarding Egyptians as subhuman? This is the first I've heard of this.
>>
>>1380117
I concur
>>
>>1380117
>>1380126
It's bullshit. The Ptolemy dynasty famously tried to blend-in with the locals as much as possible, by adopting their religion, overplaying how religious they were and depicting themselves the local way in statues etc.
>>
>>1379896
The funny thing is, Moors were blackwashed by medieval European historians. Moors were originally a name for maghrebi natives, who were later conquered by Arabs - so, brown people, not black. Later, during Arab rule, they did get an influx of subsaharan Africans (probably via the slave trade), so Europeans who interacted with the Moors in Spain and Malta probably saw some blacks among them. Later, artists began to depict all Moors as black, especially in heraldy. It was probably easier to portray them that way and make them look different from Europeans.

Same goes for Saint Maurice, who was probably just brown irl, but was portrayed as a negro due to his name (Maur - Moor) and his North-African origin.
>>
>>1379296
>the project is iconoclasm
this is either an art class or an english class, not a history class
>>
>>1379782

You're joking right? Egypt had many people living there and most of them would look more like Arabs or Berbers.

Or are the Berbers also black?

And negropatra was surely not black. Not even close. She was Greek. Lmao
>>
But how do you explain why so many ancient paintings have dark people in them?
>>
>>1380923
Not really. Cleopatra was the first Ptolemy to actually speak Egyptian, and they had to portray themselves as Egyptian Pharaohs to gain acceptance among the populace
>>
>>1380923
>by adopting their religion
You mean syncretise
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.