[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>People think hellenistic culture was killed by islam instead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2
File: 1466981397925.gif (863 KB, 277x300) Image search: [Google]
1466981397925.gif
863 KB, 277x300
>People think hellenistic culture was killed by islam instead of christanity
>These same people think christanity is hellenistic

top kek, you are the muhammad, david

>inb4 gay jokes from abraham savages
>>
>>1377348
Hellenism died of old age. People could no longer connect to idealized immortal versions of themselves which is why they switched to monotheism with its emphasis on virtue instead of the farce that was polytheism
>>
File: saint-paul-the-apostle-00.jpg (109 KB, 240x400) Image search: [Google]
saint-paul-the-apostle-00.jpg
109 KB, 240x400
>>1377348
The Greeks themselves killed off Hellenism.

>P-paul was a kike!

Yet the Greeks were persuaded anyway!
>>
>>1377348
I actually do agree with the idea that Greco-Roman culture was killed off by Christianity.

There was a very pronounced rejection of everything associated with 'paganism' by successive Christians. For example, naturalistic art was replaced by stylized and less technically-impressive art; the Church establishment taught that cities were evil and that the peasants were closest to God, which certainly contributed to the decline of complex polities and governments beyond the feudal level, which stifled growth.
>>
>>1377395
Romans moved their capital to the heart of Hellenism then imposed roman-judeo culture center down, it never died out from cultural exchange with the Levant that was in place before Rome even existed
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.