[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The search for God is useless, we can know anything beyond materialistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7
File: god.jpg (132 KB, 700x544) Image search: [Google]
god.jpg
132 KB, 700x544
The search for God is useless, we can know anything beyond materialistic phenomena. Our Laws and Logic only uphold in our reality. Anything beyond this reality is Trivial. So why do people still try to prove/disprove him?
>>
The morality of Hell can only be reconciled if God actually left clues people just chose to ignore. If such a being were actually not provable, Hell would be even more cruel than it already is.
>>
>>1376980
His existence or lack thereof would tell us a lot about the human condition and our greater purpose.
>>
>>1376980
>The first signs of a particle heavier than the Higgs boson was seen at the Large Hadron Collider (LHC) back in December.
Unexplained by current models, its existence might lead to the discovery of a whole new set of particles and possibly even a fifth fundamental force.

The Standard Model claims everything in the universe is made from the most basic building blocks called fundamental particles, that are governed by four forces: gravity, electromagnetic, weak nuclear and strong nuclear.
The forces work over different ranges and have different strengths.
This new particle, if it exists, would not fit into the description given by the Standard Model and so would lead to a whole new area of particle physics for them to explore.
>>
File: 1449695119759.png (276 KB, 512x384) Image search: [Google]
1449695119759.png
276 KB, 512x384
>>1377023

>We don't have perfect knowledge of how the universe works
>therefor God
>>
>>1377023
The standard model was never intended to be universal.
>>
File: Kierk.jpg (30 KB, 585x350) Image search: [Google]
Kierk.jpg
30 KB, 585x350
>>
>>1376980
>we can know anything beyond materialistic phenomena

Says who ?

>Our Laws and Logic only uphold in our reality.

As opposed to what other realities ?
>>
What else would they do? Cure cancer?
>>
File: buzz lightyear physics.jpg (12 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
buzz lightyear physics.jpg
12 KB, 225x225
>>1377117
> standard model was never intended to be universal.
[citation needed]
>>
>>1376980
We can't *know* whether or not there's a camel four galaxies over because we can't search every inch of it, so why try to disprove it?
>>
>>1377793
Are you one of those retards I keep hearing about?

How about the fact that it has no idea what dark matter or dark energy are, or the fact that it can't really explain gravity beyond "it exists."

Physicists have been looking for a universal field theory for generations, they happily admit that the standard model isn't it.
>>
>>1376980
I know and love God, and I'm glad I didn't listen to any miserable atheist when I was looking for Him.
>>
>>1379800
Prove he's real then.
>>
>>1376980

OP its because God is real

If Jesus was not God he would have been labelled a mentally ill and left alone yet he turned the world around because he really is God
>>
File: Guru and Nand Lal.jpg (48 KB, 448x288) Image search: [Google]
Guru and Nand Lal.jpg
48 KB, 448x288
I see nothing better to do with this life than search.

“Devotion to you, like the breeze, blew me into the Garden of Existence. There was no other urge for me to take birth.

Happy is the life that is spent in your memory. What else is there to gain beneath the blue sky?

The moment I am without your thought, I die. Without you what purpose do I have in life?
May my Soul and Self be a sacrifice to the feet of him who shows me the way to your presence.

There were no signs-posts on the pilgrim's way, through heaven or earth; It was the zeal of my quest which bought me to your worship.

Existence without your thought, O Goya, is not possible. If my search for you ceases, then the end of life is the only thing I crave for.”
>>
Because it distracts from all of the immensely important social/ political, historical, philosophical and psychological aspects of religion itself.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.