[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hitler suicide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (29 KB, 240x165) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
29 KB, 240x165
Why did he pussy out an killed himself?
Why didn't he affront his destiny like a man?

After all, he made his bed
>>
It's almost like he was out of his fucking mind by then and in utter despair

Mentally unstable people never kill themselves right
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drug_policy_of_Nazi_Germany
>>
he realized what he had done
>>
>>1371988

Considering how much the WW1 surrender effected his psyche I doubt it was ever an option. Some speculate he feared a Soviet show trial.
>>
>>1371988
I think Hitler was pretty strongly attuned to the aesthetic and imagistic aspects of what he'd orchestrated.

His whole internal narrative came crumbling to pieces, and that was probably pretty hard to bear for someone that unstable.
>>
Mostly poetic justice, but also because he sure as shit didnt want to be captured. He would have ended up in Soviet hands eventually, and they would have put all kinds of cyka blyats in his unlubricated Asshole.
>>
>>1372528
He also put his dog down as well because he knew what those savages would do to poor Blondi. The Soviets were monsters.
>>
>>1372657
And rightly so.
>>
He didn't commit suicide, he was killed. If hitler had escaped or been killed it would have either martyred him or given his cause a reason to actively live on. Fabricating the rumor that he killed himself discredited himself and his cause and was the only way for the allied to create a decisive end point to the war in Europe.
>>
>>1371988

Anyone sensible would have done the same. Though he had no qualms of sacrificing human lives on the altar of Nazism I never got the impression he was the sort to confront death in combat or martyrdom willingly. Hence joining the Artillery where the killing could be done from afar. Same with Napoleon and I think for the same reasons he chose not to fight to the death.

That and he didn't want to be turned into Papa Stalin's fuck pillow.
>>
>>1371988

A few days earlier news came that communist partisans shot Mussolini and his mistress then dragged them into a city square and pissed, shit, and beat the bodies, then hung the mutilated bodies upside down.

He was considering fighting to the death but if he would have been captured his body would have been desecrated and it would have been humiliating for him and his wife but also for Germany as well.

So he chose kill himself so he could be burned.
>>
File: La_Bataille_du_Pont_d'Arcole.jpg (429 KB, 1040x789) Image search: [Google]
La_Bataille_du_Pont_d'Arcole.jpg
429 KB, 1040x789
>>1372739

>same with Napoleon

You have got to be shitting me, Napoleon was no coward.
>>
>>1372739
Hitler did serve in the trenches of WW1 and earned medals from it. Medals that he earned rightfully so unlike his Soviet counterpart and his generals such as Zhukov.
>>
>>1372781
He tried to kill himself after the 6 day campaign but was unable to succeed.
>>
>>1372833

You left out the part that included your point.
>>
>>1372739
Hitler was a frontline courier. Even when injured he wanted to go and keep fighting.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.