[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What Christian denomination requires that women always wear dresses?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: delet 6.png (96 KB, 167x299) Image search: [Google]
delet 6.png
96 KB, 167x299
What Christian denomination requires that women always wear dresses? They're are a couple of families around my town that subscribe to this belief and I can't figure it out.
>>
>>1368872
Tell me that's not a knee
>>
>>1368872
You sure it isn't cultural? Gypsywomen choose at some point of their life whether to wear their retarded dresses for the rest of their lives

>>1368877

No it's 100e worth of stolen groceries.
>>
>>1368879
I'm in the states and we don't usually have gypsy"s. My first instinct is to say Amish, but these people are driving cars, using modern tech, etc.
>>
>>1368882
Mennonites? They're related to the Amish and dress sort of the same way but also participate in modern society.
>>
>>1368872

pentacostal
>>
>>1368872
If you live in the eastern-Midwest then probably Mennonites.
>>
>>1370041
>pentacostal

Women also can't cut their hair or swim in the same pool with men... because God says so.
>>
>>1370116
This, its Mennonites
>>
Lots of weird Evangelical American sects have rules like this. They could be Mennonites, but they could also easily be some kind of Pentacostal, Jehovah's Witness, or even Mormons. America is full of ultra-conservative fundamentalist (and other) Christians movements that have this rule, many of which only exist in small presences. For example, a regional portion of a larger church with much stricter rules, or some more conservative splinter branch. Without asking them, it's going to be impossible to know without knowing exactly what churches are in your area and where they go.
>>
I'm also curious about this.

I see women who wear long jean skirts with conservative blouses. Note they don't usually wear full dresses, just the long jean skirts down to their ankles. They keep their hair long, usually with a big braid down the back. I see these women in rural North Florida if that helps.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.