[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does daoism have a pantheon or is it athiestic?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1
File: image.png (221 KB, 779x1206) Image search: [Google]
image.png
221 KB, 779x1206
Does daoism have a pantheon or is it athiestic?
>>
Atheism mostly only exists in the context of Abrahamic religion, the term doesn't make much sense outside of it
>>
>>1365591
It just means that there is no god or gods.
Granted god is a nebulous term and it probably makes more sense to use it in the context of abrahamic religions since monotheism tends to embody significantly better what is meant by god by most people.
>>
>>1365631

>It just means that there is no god or gods.

Again, in an Abrahamic context. For instance, there are a lot of Hindu atheists
>>
I think it's atheistic in the same way Buddhism can be said to be atheistic: there's no great creator deity, but there are gods one can pray to who are subject to the Dharma/Dao like the rest of existence.
>>
>>1365659
Hell it doesn't even make sense inside of some forms of Hebrew mysticism which posit that the throne of creation is inherently empty, and all that exists past the crown of creation is void.
Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.