[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did she do anything genuinely wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: Marie_Antoinette.jpg (48 KB, 520x704) Image search: [Google]
Marie_Antoinette.jpg
48 KB, 520x704
Did she do anything genuinely wrong?
>>
>>1357936
Some of the king's most PR-wise disastrous decisions were reportedly made at her advice. Other than that, there's little for her to be blamed for. A woman of mediocre qualities taken over by wave of events that crushed thousands of lives. She was more of a victim of prejudices - people of France hated Austria, so an Austrian princess was also hated.
>>
That depends on what you mean by "genuinely".

She made a few mistakes, but nothing that wouldn't have been excused as just gaffs if she wasn't Austrian and the time wasn't so tense. I don't think she viewed the French people with anything close to malice, if that's what you're asking. And she certainly didn't deserve what she got.
>>
No. Just blood for the blood god (which leftism was until it was castrated by liberalism), so to speak.
>>
>>1359757
>I don't think she viewed the French people with anything close to malice, if that's what you're asking

No, definitely not. Even after the violence of the October Days she wrote

>I hope that if there could be sufficient bread, things will get better. I speak to the people, the fishwives, the police, all give me their hands and I give mine. One has difficulty in believing what happened yesterday

or the quote after the Flour Wars

>It is quite certain that in seeing the people who treat us so well despite their own misfortune, we are more obliged than ever to work hard for their happiness

There's another quote, I wish I could find it offhand, where she basically tells her mother (who was dogging out the French people after a round of negative pamphlets about Marie Antoinette made it to Austria) that the French were good at heart, they just tended to have bouts of impulsiveness where they might indulge in gossip and negativity for the fun of it
>>
File: Brioche-à-tête.jpg (451 KB, 2123x1628) Image search: [Google]
Brioche-à-tête.jpg
451 KB, 2123x1628
I fucking love Brioche.
>>
>>1359921
how rich
>>
she wore white after labor day
>>
"Let them eat cake lol fuck the poor XD"

"It is quite certain that in seeing the people who treat us so well despite their own misfortune, we are more obliged than ever to work hard for their happiness."

One of these is something she actually said. The other is propaganda mindlessly repeated to this day.
>>
>>1361335
well considering the second quote is already in the thread, I'm going with door #2
>>
>>1361335
>"Let them eat cake lol fuck the poor XD"
That's a made up quote
>>
File: brioche the true one.jpg (530 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
brioche the true one.jpg
530 KB, 1024x768
>>1359921
This is brioche you retarded twat
>>
>>1361407
>brioche
>srs bsns
>>
>>1357936
She was Austrian.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.