[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /his/ i was just wondering: Why is it so important for human
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: Obriy-1451897364.jpg (521 KB, 1536x1920) Image search: [Google]
Obriy-1451897364.jpg
521 KB, 1536x1920
Hey /his/ i was just wondering:

Why is it so important for human history the time when people started buriyng their deads?
>>
>>1355834
-cultural ceremony
-Under standing that other person was meaningful. not just something to mate with or be contact with because of hormones or genes determine it.
I cannot think anything else nor am I expert on this issue.
>>
File: image.jpg (570 KB, 2048x1442) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
570 KB, 2048x1442
>>
>>1355834
nice skull.

It reduced disease and cannibalism Im sure.
>>
>>1355855
What am i reading?
>>
>>1358542
The ramblings of a pseudo-intellectual Mexican.
>>
>>1355855
cremation isn't good for the environment. I hardly see how burying is a harmful practice other than how cemeteries waste space
>>
>>1358604
>cremation isn't good for the environment.

???

It has no detrimental, nor beneficial effects on the environment.
>>
>>1358604
the preservatives we put into the bodies aren't good.
>>
>>1355834
It is a ceremony of a realm beyond the physical.
It's important because it shows the human soul, the awareness of themselves, the consideration of more than what's immediately present.

Imagine an animal preforming a burial rite, what sort of implications would that have about the animal and its level of consciousness?
>>
>>1355855
No, this is quite factually incorrect.
>>
>>1355855
>>1358604
A good solution could be the use of cadavers as fertilizer or ration for poor families. I wouldn't mind if my dead body could aliment some shit skin family somewhere.
>>
>>1355834
Easy way to dispose of bodies. Could've been related to early religion, but I assume it was simple math.

>Let bodies rot, people start to get sick
>Bury bodies, no one gets sick
>Thus ____ is pleased I have buried my dead

>inb4 cremation
Takes a lot of resources rather than digging a hole or leaving it in a cave.
>>
>>1359907
Go back to whatever shithole you popped out, idiot.
>>
>>1359923
So... it's important because it is easy?

I don't think you understand the question.
>>
>>1359932
It's important because it prevents disease. The reason burial is prevalent is because all but the most isolated of Polynesian islanders can do it.
>>
It shows a move towards agriculture and (semi-)permanent settlements. Grandpa Throg croaks in a hunter gatherer tribe? They probably just leave him and move on. But for a permanent settlement, nobody wants a dead body just lying around stinking up the place, so they go and bury him in a cairn or something, likely with his nicest belongings.

I will note that the groups in Tibet and Inner China/Mongolia and Zoroastrians in India still practice Sky Burials, where the bodies are left in designated areas where they decompose and are scavenged by vultures. For Tibet and company it's mainly because the region has no trees for cremations and the ground is too hard to make digging graves easy, while (IIRC) in India it's just for religious reasons.
>>
what about this? I think there a more sentimental thing going on
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.