[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do great women exist /his/? I can name hundreds of great men,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 23
File: sophie_turner_ass.jpg (57 KB, 520x364) Image search: [Google]
sophie_turner_ass.jpg
57 KB, 520x364
do great women exist /his/?
I can name hundreds of great men, a lot of them contemporary even
but I can't think of a single great woman
pic related sansa is a great fictional woman
>>
Poorly veiled bait, Sansa show version a total fuckup and Sansa book version nothing special
>>
>>1346764
A very subjective measure. Give some examples of "great men". Does that include actors and writers? What do you mean by great?
>>
They do, but only in highly limited numbers compared to men.
>>
>>1346766
well where do we start there's Alexander (the great) Alexander (hamilton) Alexander (pope) etc etc
contemporary men there's Stephen hawking, Magnus Carlsen, barrack Obama
just people who have had a great impact on history and their fields of study
they're all men
>>
worth noting since I brought magnus up that the best female chess player couldn't even compete with the top male players
>>
>>1346765
sansa queen of the North just won back winterfell after her brother had lost the fight with her great understanding of the game of thrones
She is much greater than you will ever be
>>
>>1346764
First off Cersei is the only great woman on Game of Thrones

And in real life well you have the wives of great men, they contributed to their husbands greatnesses undeniably.
>>
>>1346774

Well, you're wrong there, since Judit regularly competed with the world class male players. It's the current top women that can't compete with the world class men.
>>
>>1346776
>>
>>1346773
Cleopatra would be one then, maybe empress consort Cixi. The mothers of great men might have had a great deal of influence on them and indirectly on the course of history. There is fewer of them, but I doubt they dont exist altogether. Is the Obama thing bait?
>>
>>1346776
she didn't even tell based Jon because shes a manipulative bitch who's on littlefinger side and will probably betray her brother
this is why Jon is great and Sansa isn't
THE KING IN THE NORTH
>>
>>1346780
ah you're correct
when I read "If you are in a tournament, you have to think of yourself—you can't think of your wife or children—only about yourself." I thought she was great but apparently she isn't actually a lesbian so she's only a little better than most
>>1346777
>cersei 'allahu ackbar' lannister
>great
>>
>>1346786
it's called playing the game, anon...
>>
>>1346792
Playing the game is for petty aristocrats with too much time on their hands

Meanwhile Jon has no time for games since he is literally Jesus and spends all his time saving the world

hence why he's the only one who actually deserves to win the game
if Jon doesn't sit on the iron throne in the end i riot
>>
You know, you can dislike women without being a complete mong.
>>
>>1346800
I don't dislike them they're just objectively inferior
>>
>>1346798
>anyone other than Danny sue winning
>>
Yeah.

Thatcher
Isabella of Castile
Blanche of Castile
Maria Theresa
>>
>>1346973
Physically sure, everything else is subjective
>>
>>1346764
Sociologically, women tend to occupy the low-middle, middle, and upper middle of society, while the extremes are dominated by men.
>>
>>1346784
>Cleopatra
>>
>>1347010
Hard to determine whether thats cultural or biological or some combination of both though
>>
>>1347014
Would it matter if you ever found out?
>>
>>1346764
>I can name hundreds of great men

"Great men" don't exist. That's just a meme to turn a complicated story (history) into a simple one.
>>
>>1347018
It would be extremely important for finding a solution, if there's one.
>>
>>1347029
>if there's one.

Well I'd be extremely skeptical of any supposed solution to human nature, whatever human nature might consist of.

I mean, human beings have literally been exactly the same for at least 100k years, the only thing that has changed is technology.
>>
>>1346998
>names worst bitches in the history
>great wimminz
>>
File: 1463730464314.jpg (33 KB, 320x321) Image search: [Google]
1463730464314.jpg
33 KB, 320x321
>>1346764
>great
>>
>Thatcher
>Victoria
>Theodora
>That chinese pirate chick
>The woman who wrote Genji monogatari
>all the nameless nurses in both ww
>Wilson's wife
>Jeanne d'arc
>All of the writers, actors and musicians who formed contemporary pop culture from 19th century onwards

There you go
>>
>>1346998
Thatcher indeed.
Will Theresa May be Maggie 2.0?
>>
Joan of Arc, Marie Curie, Cleopatra, Catherine the Great, Elizabeth I of England, Antigone, Mulan
>>
>>1346764
Thatcher
Isabella
Queen Victoria
Catherine the great
Ayn Rand
Hatshepsut
Wu Zetian
Joan of Arc
Marion Maréchal-Le Pen
Boudicca (before Gaius Suetonius Paulinus raped her to death)
Taylor Swift
Theodora
Elizabeth I
Cleopatra
Elizabeth II

These are all the great women in history
>>
>>1347144
Nah. She will be Merkel 2.0
>>
>>1347123
>women
>artists
lmao
I can literally only think of one female artist worth noting
>>
>>1347168
>Wu Zetian
>Ended her own legacy
>Great
>Taylor Swift
>Pop icon
>Great
>Ayn Rand
>Most boring author of the 20st century
>Great
>Cleopatra
>Greek whore
>Great
>>
>>1347183
you best not be talking shit about tay in my thread anon
>>
>>1346764
They do. They are the ones who go beyond their feelings and anatomy to create and provide for modern society. What have you done to provide?
>>
>>1347181
the artists you think are 'worth noting' are based on memes though. i doubt you have any insight into art history
>>
>>1347183
2/10
>>
>>1347196
debate me
you can't
>>
File: Joan of Arc_.jpg (287 KB, 770x1060) Image search: [Google]
Joan of Arc_.jpg
287 KB, 770x1060
>>
>>1347183
>tay tay
>not a great woman
End yourself
>>
>>1347025
Retarded contratianism. You do realize that anti-great mean histories don't deny that they were great and influential? They just disagree where their greatness comes from.

>>1346784
>The mothers of great men might have had a great deal of influence
I feel like this is fairly pointless. You could speculate that about everyone.

>>1347123
>All of the writers, actors and musicians who formed contemporary pop culture from 19th century onwards

You're implying that every artist from 19th century onwards was a female?

>>1346998
>>1347123
>>1347144
>>1347168

>Thatcher

She was Reagan with teats. She wasn't a good ruler.
>>
Harriet Tubman
Susan B Anthony
Mother Teresa
Princess Diana
My own Mother
>>
The Virign Mary
Mary Magdalene
Theodora
Sappho
Queen Elizabeth
>>
>>1347226
How is your mother a great person?
>>
>>1347202
sure. nothing you said has anything to do with greatness or the absence of it
>>
File: 400px-Marie_Curie_c1920.png (372 KB, 400x600) Image search: [Google]
400px-Marie_Curie_c1920.png
372 KB, 400x600
>>
>>1347010
This is true. On many dimensions men to to be more spread across the spectrum while women group in the middle. You can see this with IQ for example.
>>
>>1347236
Subjectively.
I also think that my mother is a great person, since she managed to raise me as a good man, while I was a fucking twat and a total cunt in my childhood.
>>
>>1347241
On the contrary, what makes all those great?
Wu Zetian ended her own legacy and died without children, failing the only thing she was supposed to do. Taylor Swift is just a hot singer. Ayn Rand was a massive autist and nothing else. Cleopatra fucked caesar and that's about it. He won a civil war for her,
>>
>>1347255
>Ayn Rand was a massive autist and nothing else
While I think Ayn Rand was a terrible writer and philosopher, you can say that any great man in history was just a massive autist as well.
>>
>>1346983
>implying the Iron Throne can support her girth
>>
Hypatia was pretty dank.
>>
>>1347255
it's about context dude. these women achieved a notable place in history despite competing with great men

>failing the only thing she was supposed to do.

*fart*
>>
File: Noether.jpg (155 KB, 800x1219) Image search: [Google]
Noether.jpg
155 KB, 800x1219
>no one has posted Emmy Noether yet

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, didn't expect otherwise from /his/ anyways you fucking art majors.
>>
Florence Nightingale
>>
Women have not been allowed to become shit besides housewives for millenia on end.

And even if a woman had gained influence, no self-respecting politician would admit to it. In Rome ambitious women were seen evil she-wolves.
>>
>>1347226
>Harriet Tubman
She must be that great if I have only heard of her from some nonsense about notes.
>>
>>1346773
If you're including impact on fields of study, Marie Curie should probably be included, and there are several other female scientists and mathematicians who probably qualify. They are at least as important as Magnus Carlsen, if that's the bar. It's also important to not that in terms of academia women were at a distinct disadvantage for much of history, as they did not have access to the same education as men most of the time. I guess that's also true of other "great men" roles, like the military and statesmanship.
>>
Hildegard of Bingen is great
>>
List of people I like:
>>1347356
Noether.
>>1347123
Theodora and Victoria.
>>1347227
Sappho and Queen Elisabeth
>>1347339
Hypatia

Bonus:
Lie
Elisabeth of Bohemia
Marie Curie
Wollstonecraft
Goldman
Simone de Beauvoir
Ada Lovelace
Cassatt
Susan Haack
Rani Lill Anjum
Janina Hosiasson
Woolf
Anna Freud
Judit Polgár

An absence of evidence is not evidence of absence, this is ignorant. For the ignorant, illiteracy will become evidence against marginalised literature.
>>
>>1346764
The Holy Virgin
Mary of Magdala
Joan of Arc
Esther
Hildegard von Bingen
Isabella
Theodora
Helena
Mary of Magdalene
Clotild
>>
>>1347204
glorified cheerleader
>>
>>1346764
"Great men" is just a meme.
>>
>>1346764
Catherine the Great

she hade sex with a horse
>>
>>1346764
Queen Elizabeth I
Queen Elizabeth II
Queen Victoria
Margaret Thatcher
Isabella of Castile
Maria Theresa
>>
>>1347791
>bawww other people accomplishing great things means we're not all equal and that triggers me
jesus christ, civil rights were a mistake
>>
All the great women in history have been mothers, and therefore overshadowed by their progeny.
>>
File: womaninherplace.png (129 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
womaninherplace.png
129 KB, 250x236
>>1347846
margaret's progeny is a shit
>>
File: mother-jones.jpg (5 KB, 159x238) Image search: [Google]
mother-jones.jpg
5 KB, 159x238
>all these fucking people saying thatcher
>>
>>1347868
name one things she did that wasn't great

>in b4 "muh mines" or "muh milk"
>>
>>1346764
Sayyida al-Hurra
>>
>>1346764
Eleanor of Aquitaine
Catherine the Great
Elizabeth I

Stop applying bullshit reasons for non-greatness to great women when most of the great men in history had equally bullshit reasons for non-greatness.
>>
>>1347819
best post in thread
>>
>>1347904
Banning homosexual relations in toto. That couldn't be fucking enforced.
>>
File: f4d.jpg (101 KB, 686x582) Image search: [Google]
f4d.jpg
101 KB, 686x582
>>1346800
>disliking 50% of the world, most of which you don't know, for no particular reason

Yep. Completely logical.
>>
>>1347904
Was a conservative while also being a woman in power. Makes as much sense as being a Chad that's also a cuck.
>>
Mary Seacole
>>
>>1347904
She removed garrison from Falklands to save money, lost 120 years worth of keeping the garrison there in damage to Royal Navy when Argies decided to rename the islands to Malvinas.
>>
>>1348161
Oh and btw. she had nothing against phasing out majority of RN before the war also for cutting budget spending. Have Argentinians attacked 2 years later and British would have hard time retaking them.
>>
>>1346764
I want to contribute to this thread.I think the topic is not worth the discussion but I fapped this morning to the picture when I saw it.I just couldn´t help myself.Felt truly great
>>
>>1348176
That's more meaningful contribution than most posts in these "r all wymyn bitches??? A wymyn didnt give me secks so thats the answer" threads that keep popping up.
>>
>>1346764 ba ha ha you are just >>1346764 ba ha ha
>>
>>1347652
Then name them. Marie Curie was made famous because she was her husband's assistant.
>>
>>1346777
>And in real life well you have the wives of great men, they contributed to their husbands greatnesses undeniably.

Fucking laughable and vain.

Masculinity cannot exist without femininity. On its own, masculinity has no meaning, because it is but one half of a set of power relations. Masculinity pertains to male fragility and faux showmanship behind greater strength.
>>
File: best girl.jpg (123 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
best girl.jpg
123 KB, 720x720
Saint Olga of Kiev is officially best girl
>>
File: Saber.png (1 MB, 800x1523) Image search: [Google]
Saber.png
1 MB, 800x1523
King Arthur
>>
>>1348161
One ought to be allowed to leave no garrison on a group islands without a country with no claim invading. Especially in the 1980's since stealing land was no longer "accepted".
>>
>>1348053
>Women can't be conservatives

Stop making glass ceilings
>>
>>1346764

Catherine the Great was by definition great.
>>
>>1349034
Why are all great women evil?
>>
>>1347777
checked also
>buttmad englishman
>>
Anna Komnenos
>>
Matilda of Tuscany
>>
File: Simone de Beauvoir.jpg (9 KB, 236x269) Image search: [Google]
Simone de Beauvoir.jpg
9 KB, 236x269
Simone
>>
>>1348997
Not following how this dualism of yours disqualifies that statement.
>>
>>1349479
Men are fragile creatures. They always have been.
>>
>>1347904
>protected paedophile MP's from discovery
>>
Anne Frank
>>
File: 1421648523697.jpg (60 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
1421648523697.jpg
60 KB, 640x480
MY WIFE IS PRETTY GREAT
>>
It's stupid to say there aren't ANY women who greatly influenced the world/history.
But for each one of them there are at the very least 5 men who did.
In my country's history for instance there are like 2 actually relevant women while i can name some 15-20 relevant men, so that's that.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neerja_Bhanot
>>
>>1349484
>Men are fragile creatures
Conpared to women...? LOL
>>
>>1349484
So you're just using the claim to post a non sequiter claim to enrage any numale passing by. I guess that doesn't mean you're actually interested in talking about it since you literally just repeated yourself when I asked.

Here's your precious (you)
>>
>>1349596
Yes, compared to women. After wars peace, after peace, another war. Every day men are born and others die. Some men are born committed to action: they do not have a choice, they have been thrown on a path, at the end of that path, an act awaits them, their act. Nonetheless their act was scripted from beginning to end. And your arguments about strength reflect as such.

>>1349604
I'm touched you think I'm a numale.
>>
>>1349615
>Yes, compared to women. After wars peace, after peace, another war. Every day men are born and others die. Some men are born committed to action: they do not have a choice, they have been thrown on a path, at the end of that path, an act awaits them, their act. Nonetheless their act was scripted from beginning to end. And your arguments about strength reflect as such
Sounds like a load of horseshit desu. And I didn't make any arguments about strength. But considering men emotionally fragile in comparison to women is pants on head retarded and requires a seriously distorted point of view.
>>
>>1349654
>But considering men emotionally fragile in comparison to women is pants on head retarded and requires a seriously distorted point of view.

Look no further than the internet. It's hardly as distorted as men are. Men like you are.
>>
>>1349665
>Look no further than the internet.
You mean the place full of women complaining about how seeing other attractive women in media gives them yucky feels? Regardless, that's really a pretty poor argument overall.
>>
File: modern women in a nutshell.jpg (955 KB, 1440x1974) Image search: [Google]
modern women in a nutshell.jpg
955 KB, 1440x1974
no
>>
>>1349685
But first we must ask: what is a woman? ‘Tota mulier in utero’, says one, ‘woman is a womb’. But in speaking of certain women, connoisseurs declare that they are not women, although they are equipped with a uterus like the rest. All agree in recognising the fact that females exist in the human species; today as always they make up about one half of humanity. And yet we are told that femininity is in danger; we are exhorted to be women, remain women, become women. It would appear, then, that every female human being is not necessarily a woman; to be so considered she must share in that mysterious and threatened reality known as femininity. Is this attribute something secreted by the ovaries? Or is it a Platonic essence, a product of the philosophic imagination? Is a rustling petticoat enough to bring it down to earth? Although some women try zealously to incarnate this essence, it is hardly patentable. It is frequently described in vague and dazzling terms that seem to have been borrowed from the vocabulary of the seers, and indeed in the times of St Thomas it was considered an essence as certainly defined as the somniferous virtue of the poppy

If today femininity no longer exists, then it never existed.
>>
>>1349697
But does the word woman, then, have no specific content? This is stoutly affirmed by those who hold to the philosophy of the enlightenment, of rationalism, of nominalism; women, to them, are merely the human beings arbitrarily designated by the word woman. Many American women particularly are prepared to think that there is no longer any place for woman as such; if a backward individual still takes herself for a woman, her friends advise her to be psychoanalysed and thus get rid of this obsession. In regard to a work, Modern Woman: The Lost Sex, which in other respects has its irritating features, Dorothy Parker has written: ‘I cannot be just to books which treat of woman as woman ... My idea is that all of us, men as well as women, should be regarded as human beings.’ But nominalism is a rather inadequate doctrine, and the antifeminists have had no trouble in showing that women simply are not men. Surely woman is, like man, a human being; but such a declaration is abstract. The fact is that every concrete human being is always a singular, separate individual. Some years ago a well-known woman writer refused to permit her portrait to appear in a series of photographs especially devoted to women writers; she wished to be counted among the men. But in order to gain this privilege she made use of her husband’s influence!
>>
>>1349707
Women who assert that they are men lay claim none the less to masculine consideration and respect. I recall also a young Trotskyite standing on a platform at a boisterous meeting and getting ready to use her fists, in spite of her evident fragility. She was denying her feminine weakness; but it was for love of a militant male whose equal she wished to be. The attitude of defiance of many American women proves that they are haunted by a sense of their femininity. In truth, to go for a walk with one’s eyes open is enough to demonstrate that humanity is divided into two classes of individuals whose clothes, faces, bodies, smiles, gaits, interests, and occupations are manifestly different. Perhaps these differences are superficial, perhaps they are destined to disappear. What is certain is that they do most obviously exist.
>>
>>1349709
If her functioning as a female is not enough to define woman, if we decline also to explain her through ‘the eternal feminine’, and if nevertheless we admit, provisionally, that women do exist, then we must face the question “what is a woman”?
>>
>>1349710

To state the question is, to me, to suggest, at once, a preliminary answer. The fact that I ask it is in itself significant. A man would never set out to write a book on the peculiar situation of the human male. But if I wish to define myself, I must first of all say: ‘I am a woman’; on this truth must be based all further discussion. A man never begins by presenting himself as an individual of a certain sex; it goes without saying that he is a man. The terms masculine and feminine are used symmetrically only as a matter of form, as on legal papers. In actuality the relation of the two sexes is not quite like that of two electrical poles, for man represents both the positive and the neutral, as is indicated by the common use of man to designate human beings in general; whereas woman represents only the negative, defined by limiting criteria, without reciprocity. In the midst of an abstract discussion it is vexing to hear a man say: ‘You think thus and so because you are a woman’; but I know that my only defence is to reply: ‘I think thus and so because it is true,’ thereby removing my subjective self from the argument. It would be out of the question to reply: ‘And you think the contrary because you are a man’, for it is understood that the fact of being a man is no peculiarity. A man is in the right in being a man; it is the woman who is in the wrong. It amounts to this: just as for the ancients there was an absolute vertical with reference to which the oblique was defined, so there is an absolute human type, the masculine.
>>
>>1349712
Woman has ovaries, a uterus: these peculiarities imprison her in her subjectivity, circumscribe her within the limits of her own nature. It is often said that she thinks with her glands. Man superbly ignores the fact that his anatomy also includes glands, such as the testicles, and that they secrete hormones. He thinks of his body as a direct and normal connection with the world, which he believes he apprehends objectively, whereas he regards the body of woman as a hindrance, a prison, weighed down by everything peculiar to it. ‘The female is a female by virtue of a certain lack of qualities,’ said Aristotle; ‘we should regard the female nature as afflicted with a natural defectiveness.’ And St Thomas for his part pronounced woman to be an ‘imperfect man’, an ‘incidental’ being. This is symbolised in Genesis where Eve is depicted as made from what Bossuet called ‘a supernumerary bone’ of Adam.
>>
>>1349713
Thus humanity is male and man defines woman not in herself but as relative to him; she is not regarded as an autonomous being. Michelet writes: ‘Woman, the relative being ...’ And Benda is most positive in his Rapport d’Uriel: ‘The body of man makes sense in itself quite apart from that of woman, whereas the latter seems wanting in significance by itself ... Man can think of himself without woman. She cannot think of herself without man.’ And she is simply what man decrees; thus she is called ‘the sex’, by which is meant that she appears essentially to the male as a sexual being. For him she is sex – absolute sex, no less. She is defined and differentiated with reference to man and not he with reference to her; she is the incidental, the inessential as opposed to the essential. He is the Subject, he is the Absolute – she is the Other.’
>>
>>1349713
The category of the Other is as primordial as consciousness itself. In the most primitive societies, in the most ancient mythologies, one finds the expression of a duality – that of the Self and the Other. This duality was not originally attached to the division of the sexes; it was not dependent upon any empirical facts. It is revealed in such works as that of Granet on Chinese thought and those of Dumézil on the East Indies and Rome. The feminine element was at first no more involved in such pairs as Varuna-Mitra, Uranus-Zeus, Sun-Moon, and Day-Night than it was in the contrasts between Good and Evil, lucky and unlucky auspices, right and left, God and Lucifer. Otherness is a fundamental category of human thought.
>>
>>1349719
Thus it is that no group ever sets itself up as the One without at once setting up the Other over against itself. If three travellers chance to occupy the same compartment, that is enough to make vaguely hostile ‘others’ out of all the rest of the passengers on the train. In small-town eyes all persons not belonging to the village are ‘strangers’ and suspect; to the native of a country all who inhabit other countries are ‘foreigners’; Jews are ‘different’ for the anti-Semite, Negroes are ‘inferior’ for American racists, aborigines are ‘natives’ for colonists, proletarians are the ‘lower class’ for the privileged.
>>
>Queen Victoria
>Not one of the most influential person in history
>>
>>1346764
Women are dumb!! What have they accomplished in these 50-60 years now that they have equal rights...... nothing at all.
>>
>>1349732
THIS IS LITERALLY AN ALT-RIGHT BAIT THREAD

>>1349747
YES WOMEN HAVE COLLECTIVELY CONTRIBUTED NOTHING ARGUMENT OVER
>>
>>1349747
I haven't read a good author of men who wasn't relevant beyond twenty years ago.
>>
>>1346773
>Alexander Hamilton
>Great

lel

>>1346784
>cleopatra
>>
>>1349721
You do realize her works were from a time so historically disparate from our own that they retain all the cultural relevance of a text from a different reality, right? The realities of the modern first world are so completely different that there's just no common ground to stand on. It's a historical work now, not a philosophical one.
>>
>>1349778
Hatred of the liberalism of modern women but not hatred of the liberalism of modern men is pointless if your point is hatred of liberalism. Where I see it, it's always hyper focused on a specific aspect while not amongst yourselves in any further organized capacity.
>>
>>1347904
she sold out all the social housing for way less than it was worth, nearly bankrupting the country and creating a housing crisis even children yet to be born will feel the effects of you contrarian fuck.
>>
Zenobia came really close to creating a new regional power when she made the Palmyrene Empire.

If other men had been emperor, she would have gotten away with it, but Aurelian was the GOAT war emperor.
>>
>>1347168
>Rand
good list otherwise
>>
>>1346784
>Cixi

Are you fucking serious right now lmao

She literally redacted all the funding of a plan to truly westernise the Beiyang army (which in theory could've easily been accomplished and thus made China at the time a stronger military power than Japan by fourfold) into construction for fucking huge palatial vistas that is the summer palace. If it wasn't for her stupid bullshit and lack of ability to choose an unifying heir, China would've been spared so much plight that was to come for the next century, Wu Zetiang was perhaps the only historical 'great' female Chinese head of state
>>
>>1347168
Taylor swift-off
Boudicca- off she was just a figurehead at best.
Le pen- off is not great, yet
>>
File: charlie.gif (2 MB, 308x232) Image search: [Google]
charlie.gif
2 MB, 308x232
>>1346764

Eileen Wuornos
>>
>>1349752
There are many
>>
File: unnamed.gif (390 KB, 250x173) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
390 KB, 250x173
>>1347168
>Taylor Swift
>>
>>1347904
Set up neoliberalism that is causing so much shit today. That alone makes me think she's a dick.
>>
>>1350591
Don't blame neoliberalism for the world's problems.

http://www.themoneyillusion.com/?p=31603
>>
>>1349173
Not saying they can't be. I'm saying they're dumbasses if they are. As the political climate stands now, most social conservatives either do not care for or don't care about women in power.
>>
>>1349685
Whoever made this has apparently only seen women on Facebook and heard about them in stories and fairy tales.
>>
>>1349763
>orphan immigrant turned founding father
>not great
No woman in history has done the rags to riches thing either
>>
>>1349665
hey vfan shark told me to tell you she misses you
>>
>>1350975
huh
>>
Sorghaghtani Beki is a truly great woman.

When her husband died she refused the mongol custom of marrying the successor. She refused Ogedei and his son but always avaible to him for advice.

Instead she retired to her appanage playing politics. She was adamant about teaching her children to read, she taught them the value of their peasantry, she taught them how to play politics and got them powerful alliances.

Her eldest son became Great Khan, her second eldest Founded the Yuan and became Great Khan and her third child founded the Ilkhanate. (fuck ariq boke)
>>
>>1350905
Ching Shih you retard
>>
>>1346776
>sansa queen of the North just won back winterfell

you mean littlefinger?
>>
>>1346784
Not really. As much criticism as he gets, I'd say Obama is in the upper fortieth percentile of presidents if we were rank them from best to worst. Still, I wouldn't say he's been "great." I'd settle for "good."
>>
File: EB-agh.png (26 KB, 133x170) Image search: [Google]
EB-agh.png
26 KB, 133x170
>>1346764
Don't know about great women, but I know that's a great ass.
>>
>>1347010
Nice these
>>
surely this means we must implement greatness quotas
>>
>>1346784
>cleopatra
>>
>>1351116
you're not me....
I put him on there because he overcame great odds and made history by becoming president not because of anything he did while in office
>>
>>1349167
Yeah, let's leave islands that are contested by nearby military dictatorship living through crisis without garrison, what can go wrong?
>>
>>1347168
someone plays Civ
>>
Jeb Bush's mom.
>>
>>1348958
lmao learn to read shit bich
>>
>>1346784
>The mothers of great men might have had a great deal of influence on them and indirectly on the course of history.

Just like fathers... thats your argument?
>>
>>1347123
>Jeanne d'arc

Not only to mention she was a great woman, she's also mai waiffu
>>
>>1346764
Lets end this debate by declaring OP's Mom as the greatest woman in the history of mankind. Congrats OP she deserves this honour, don't you think so?
>>
>>1346766
Actors aren't great people!!! I mean tell me one actor who has changed something in this world through his movies or acting.
>>
Yes.

But chances are we may never know as they were probably disguised as men.
>>
>>1346776
Most of her men were killed because she did not tell Jon Snow she had the nights of the Veil. Jon Snow made the right strategic call with the information he had, if she had told Jon many fewer men would have died.
>>
>>1346764
Just shut up and post more redhead clothed derrières.
>>
>>1354889
Seconded.
>>
>>1346773
>contemporary men there's Stephen hawking, Magnus Carlsen, barrack Obama
hahaha no
>>
>>1347168
>Thatcher
>Tay Tay

Your either a memelord, or a retard. Maybe both.
>>
>>1347215
>I feel like this is fairly pointless. You could speculate that about everyone.
Maybe he was speaking about the Romans?

There were quite a few of the Roman upperclass that were literally puppets to their deceitful court-minded mothers and wives.
>>
>>1348053
>Makes as much sense as being a Chad that's also a cuck.
>>>/r9k/
And stay there
>>
>>1357193
Anyone who claims the trained parrot called Marion is a "great woman" on par with Isabella of Spain is clearly trolling.
It's probably fair to compare her to Joan of Arc since I suspect she must have been some idiotic, easily-manipulated figurehead too.
>>
Theodora
Irene of Athens
Zenobia of Palmyra
Elizabeth I
Cathrine the Great

Of the top of my head but yeah, sure, there have been significantly fewer "great" women than men in history, partially but not exclusively because society didn't raise them to do stuff that was "great".
>>
>>1346773
>Barrack Obama
You're setting the bar that low and you can't think of any great women, seriously?
>>
>>1349812
The housing crisis wouldn't be nearly as bad if we hadn't been packing this tiny country with 300,000+ foreigners every year since Tony Blair opened the flood gates, you silly cuck.
>>
File: 1466761881263.jpg (168 KB, 1033x679) Image search: [Google]
1466761881263.jpg
168 KB, 1033x679
>>1347356
Best answer in the thread. In the long run, her work will probably contribute far more to human progress than any woman before her.
>>
File: 1465004216039.png (648 KB, 604x453) Image search: [Google]
1465004216039.png
648 KB, 604x453
>>1355902
>>1354889
>>
>>1354286
She's abusive
>>
>>1349366
you had to be a crazy sociopath to get anywhere as a woman then
and arguably today
>>
>>1350747
t. stupid cunt
>>
Constantine exists. :^)
>>
>thread about great women
>up for days

>thread about whether women are evil or not
>deleted in hours

Why are hotpockets such relentless cuckolds?
>>
>>1346764
I'm Irish so I think they're complete bastard spawn of satan whores but Eliabeth 1 and Victoria were great women. Besides that there's Sappho who's pretty based, Catherine the great of Russia (inb4 horsefucker), Jean D'Arc, Isabela of Castile, Hypatia of Alexandria and so on. Definitely underrepresented among the greats of history though, the list of great men is waaay longer

>>1347249
I don't know, it gets thrown around a lot and it seems to make sense from personal experience but I've never actually seen any facts to back it up.
>>
>>1347904
Destroyed Britain as an industrial centre and set the stage for them to be destroyed as a financial centre 20 years later by empowering the conservative party.

Actually, when you put it that way she's not so bad. She helped destroy perfidious Albion once and for all.
>>
>>1347149
You know that neither Antigone nor Mulan were real people right?
>>
>>1360165
Is this board full of women? What the fuck.
>>
If women didn't make babby and have warm hole, would they still exist today?
>>
>>1363077
Yes, because men love them.
>>
File: HerMajesty.jpg (63 KB, 680x510) Image search: [Google]
HerMajesty.jpg
63 KB, 680x510
>>
File: 1456748810183.png (32 KB, 238x220) Image search: [Google]
1456748810183.png
32 KB, 238x220
>>1363223
>that nose
>>
>>1363077
Nobody would, there would be no babby.
>>
Rahab and Deborah.
>>
>>1346764
Wu Zetian

checkmate
>>
>>1347168
This desu
>>
File: 1463414631152.gif (3 MB, 640x266) Image search: [Google]
1463414631152.gif
3 MB, 640x266
>>1347168
>Marion Maréchal-Le Pen
Thread replies: 192
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.