[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Given the scientifically proven non-existence of free will, isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1
File: 1451760170721.jpg (157 KB, 638x1024) Image search: [Google]
1451760170721.jpg
157 KB, 638x1024
Given the scientifically proven non-existence of free will, isn't the whole field of ethics obsolete?

I mean the "is vs ought" fallacy breaks apart without free will. We do not have any control over whether we act "ethically" or not. So in the end there only is an "is" but the question of "ought" makes no sense anymore.

Is my reasoning correct? Is this an ethical stance as well? Perhaps some kind of nihilism?
>>
>posting in a troll thread

I'd be interested to hear your "proof"
>>
>>1344425
>scientifically proven nonexistence of free will
I don't believe in free will but this is retarded.
>>
>>1344441
>>1344442
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCofmZlC72g
>>
>>1344425
Do you really think anyone cares at the end of the day? All this kind of shit just seems irrelevant to me.
At the end of the day if you just come in somewhere and start pissing people off by acting arrogant or disrespectful or violent or taking their shit or fucking triggering them over some stupid bullshit because they're retards, they're not going to think about how actually they can't justifiably judge you on an ethical level because there is no free will, they're just going to tell you to fuck off and if you don't they're going to try and make you fuck off.

They're going to do that whether they've thought about this shit and concluded that ethics are irrational and obsolete or not. So what does it fucking matter whether it is or not really?
Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.