[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
you have ten seconds to prove that ethics aren't bullshit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: slide_13.jpg (82 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
slide_13.jpg
82 KB, 960x720
you have ten seconds to prove that ethics aren't bullshit
>>
Nah
>>
Define "bullshit."
>>
>>1343223
Made up

Murder isn't inherently wrong; it being wrong is a social construction
>>
Fuck your mother.
>>
>>1343229
You drastically reduce their enjoyment of life, which is no good.
>>
>>1343229
Murder isn't wrong in an objective sense, but it is harmful to have in communities of humans, so it should be strongly discouraged
>>
>>1343233
They are fucking dead so they won't even notice that they aren't having so fun right now. Besides, maybe they hated their lives.

>>1343234
Should, or will be as an evolved advantageous evolutionary trait?
>>
>>1343174
>you don't hear barbarians knocking down your door
>you (most likely) got to experience your childhood with your mother/father
>somebody took it upon themselves to teach you about the world
>you are here shit posting on 4chan

there ya go OP.
>>
>>1343243
>bacteria replicating efficiently is morally right because it is evolutionary advantageous
>>
>>1343229
>Made up

Of course it's "made up." Every idea is "made up." Is mathematics "bullshit?"
>>
>>1343241
I hate my life and I don't want to get murdered, and the act of being murdered isn't enjoyable I'm sure.
>>
>>1343241
>Should, or will be as an evolved advantageous evolutionary trait
i think it already is an evolutionary trait
>>
>>1343243
>somebody took it upon themselves to teach you about the world.

This is unlikelier these days than it ever has been. Being an autodidact is very standard. I've never really had anything even approaching mentorship and learned almost all I know from stupid books written by people who aren't even aware I exist.

Kind of makes me sad when I think about it.
>>
>>1343253
>implying it isn't
>>
>>1343253
>thinking you can comprehend the ethical systems of amoebas
>>1343277
even so theres more information thats readily accessible to you because some douche actually put some effort into making a youtube video.

and unless you were raised by wolves you still had to attend public school, or have some sort of mentor to answer your questions.
>>
>>1343270
If you're murdered through heroin overdose it will be quite comfy I believe
>>
>>1343292
Don't know about heroin, but I OD'd on morphine and it was, well, unpleasant.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.