[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Only countries that defeated the vikings everytime they came
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: Galicia.gif (32 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
Galicia.gif
32 KB, 600x600
>>
>>1336221
What about the moors though?
>>
>>1336221
Vikings lost to everyone they were just raiders and when faced with an actual army they would run. They only seemed scary because they looked scary and could be anywhere without warning. They were only used by the Byzantine because they were cheap and had no stake in Greek infighting.

They got BTFO by stone-age native Americans. They weren't anything special except as mariners.
>>
>>1336308
The Vikings killed way more Skraelings than vice Versa, there was just a shitload more of them
>>
>>1336329
And your proof of this is.....?
>>
The coast around Galicia is very dangerous at certain times of the year, my theory is the vikings were forced to come ashore and had to fight to the death against the vengeful inhabitants.
>>
>>1336349
They say so.
>>
>>1336355
They the Norse or they the injuns? Either way:
>oral history
Or
>exxagersting numbers to make themselves feel less btfo

Either way you know nothing of historiography.
>>
>>1336367
Yet even generations later they still feared their retribution
>When winter came, it was a general belief that the Kavdlunait would come and avenge the death of their countrymen
>>
>>1336367
Is it difficult to believe that a modern militia with modern tactics could totally decimate an opposing force?

There weren't a lot of Vikings to die in the first place, so losing two guys, as the sagas record, would have been a significant loss.

It wasn't like they had a colonial army there
>>
>>1336406
It also isn't like they claim to have fought off a confederated tribe of warriors or anything.

Likely, it was just a tribe that got pissed and attacked.

How many men would be in a Skraeling tribe, and is it an unreasonable figure to assume they got decimated by a modern people?

These are the questions you have to ask when you question figures.
>>
>>1336487
Also the vikings weaponry would be far more advanced than that of the skraelings
>>
>>1336308
That post is hyperbolic on the border to retardness.
Filthy contrarian
>>
>>1336594

Then why did they always lose to the galacians.
>>
>>1336741
Your post is in no way related to my post.
Someone said the vikings lost all their battles.
I said that's hyperbolic.
Whenever or not they always lost against one single people when they could win against others isn't interesting.
>>
File: 0017_2.jpg (47 KB, 800x425) Image search: [Google]
0017_2.jpg
47 KB, 800x425
>>1336221

Korea reporting in.
>>
>>1336761

You are indeed right.
>>
>>1336777
To be able to defeat someone you actually needs to encounter someone.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.