[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How was the economy of the UK after world war 2 and before the eu?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1
File: map8.jpg (27 KB, 322x300) Image search: [Google]
map8.jpg
27 KB, 322x300
How was the economy of the UK after world war 2 and before the eu?
>>
I don't know but I know there's something important about coal mines, steel manufacturing and party politics involved.
>>
Everyone traded with each other using goat turds
>>
>>1335571
Amazing
>>
>>1335571
Well, right after they had to give up India and borrow money from the US, so pretty bad. Not to mention all the foreign laborers they took in a few years after to help the rebuilding process.
>>
>>1335571
Shit.

>exhausted by war
>massive debts
>lost the last of the old colonies
>key industries failing
>>
We still had rationing up until the mid 50's. It was an awful time but now we are left with cunts who were only a child during those times and they act as if it was a golden age for britain because >muh teachers could beat naughty school children!
>>
>>1335571
Bad
>>
>>1335571
They created the NHS in 1948 but it was already using twice its budget the following year and had to get massively cut in 1950 due to the Korean War
Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.